Axl s favorite Chinese Democracy song?

batman007

No, I just find people that say such stuff to be ignorant and stupid.

Sorry, you lost me. Are the 99 random guys that would say TWAT sucks "ignorant or stupid", or are you referring to the guys here on this GN'R fan forum who likes the song and even prefers it to other songs? Do you often label people with opposing preferences to yourself, "ignorant" and "stupid"? May I ask how old you are?

No, I find people that say that a song like TWAT is better than a song like SCOM to be ignorant.

Ignorant of what exactly? Do you even know what ignorant means and that it can't really be applied to subjective musical preferences? Is this some failed trolling I am witnessing where the cupcake just ends up making a fool of himself or do you actually believe that people who prefers other songs than you do are "stupid"?

I happen to prefer TWAT to SCOM. Actually, SCOM is a pretty boring song if it wasn't for the fantastic solos by Slash -- he MAKES that song and lifts up an otherwise generic ballad to amazing heights. But I still happen to prefer the solos in TWAT, especially where Finck comes in with his little lick which is later imitated by Bucket in his awesome outro solo. It sends shivers down my back each and every time. I can listen to snippets of those solos over and over and over again. I sit with my own guitar and practising those bits relentlessly, striving to imitate something that is just way beyond me. When it comes to lyrics, vocals strength, orchestration, etc, I prefer TWAT a long way before SCOM. Again, nothing against SCOM, it is just, when not considering the solos, a generic rock song.

I would never make a fool of myself by saying you are "ignorant" or "stupid" for feeling otherwise, music is subjective and the only thing that makes me feel that you are the one that is ignorant and stupid is the fact that you don't know this. But I am happy for you if you gain anything similar from SCOM as I get out of TWAT.

Edited by SoulMonster

He seemed really into it when they played Better in Denmark in 2010 and the audience seemed to respond the most to that of the CD songs that were performed that night.

Yes, that's what I meant with it being a great live song. Better really gets good response from the crowd, which is awesome. :thumbsup:

Exactly :)

Sorry, you lost me. Are the 99 random guys that would say TWAT sucks "ignorant or stupid", or are you referring to the guys here on this GN'R fan forum who likes the song and even prefers it to other songs? Do you often label people with opposing preferences to yourself, "ignorant" and "stupid"? May I ask how old you are?

No, I find people that say that a song like TWAT is better than a song like SCOM to be ignorant.

LOL This guy is an idiot. Ignorant for preferring a less popular song? Words fail me...

LOL This guy is an idiot. Ignorant for preferring a less popular song? Words fail me...

He's probably just a small kid and didn't know that people don't like music out of "ignorance" or "wisdom".

I love TWAT.

Remove the awful cricket noises in the intro and it's perfect.

I think the best moment on Chinese is "Madagascar" though.

Only song I could see having commercial appeal if Axl didn't sing it in his Tom Waits voice. Oh well, it's still awesome.

I love TWAT.

Remove the awful cricket noises in the intro and it's perfect.

As much as TWAT is my favorite new Guns song, I have to reluctantly agree that the intro could have been better. Nevertheless, I listen to that song every day and the last three and a half or four minutes are close to the best of GN'R all time.

Edited by The Archer

There's problems with TWAT for sure. The intro and outro, the transition to and from the chorus, the chorus itself if you can call it that, the music in the verses, how the whole song is cut/pasted together.... etc. The keyboard loop is cool though and of course the second half is why most people love it as that's the part on the album that actually feels most like old GNR. It's amazing really. From the "but there was a tiiiiiiiime" (enter acoustic guitar and simple solo) onwards.

Edited by The_Universal_Sigh

the second half is why most people love it as that's the part on the album that actually feels most like old GNR. It's amazing really. From the "but there was a tiiiiiiiime" (enter acoustic guitar and simple solo) onwards.

Yes, exactly.

I think your lack of capacity of accepting other people's opinions to be a sign of ignorance. :shrugs: