Does Axl care anymore?

Vincent Vega

I believe Axl has bigger aspirations for Guns N' Roses than to let it become a pathetic nostalgia act who tours the world

I think he did at one point SM as he told Marc the new band was going to bury the old band but at some point he lost his way.............

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

If Axl only cared about the money he'd go for the reunion cause that's where the real money is.

Axl wants to do as little as possible and still be able to live his extravagant lifestyle. He also is a stubborn person and wouldn't "degrade" himself by doing a reunion and proving that his vision failed. Even though it's clear to anyone that it is a big failure. One of the, once even the biggest bands became the big joke in the music industry because of him. I like Axl, but I can't see how anyone can defend his bullshit the way the asskissers on this site does.

Does he care?

3 hr shows.

You need an asterisk by that. 3 hour shows- yes. 3 hours of Axl - doesn't happen. If Axl himself was actually on stage kicking ass for 3 hours (see Bruce Springsteen or Bon Jovi) that'd be awesome. He disappears to much doing whatever while band plays these jams etc...he could probably play 4-5-6 more songs if he aced out the jams or solos or whataver.

Bon Jovi and Springsteen would croak after doing just WTTJ.

I believe Axl has bigger aspirations for Guns N' Roses than to let it become a pathetic nostalgia act who tours the world

I think he did at one point SM as he told Marc the new band was going to bury the old band but at some point he lost his way.............

On one side we know that his plan of releasing three (or two) albums rapidly failed as well as the botched release of Chinese Democracy, which is all discouraging, but on the other side he has in the last two years managed to make the current lineup much more of a real, gelling band with all the interviews, photos, streams, tour book and merch, great tours, etc. So you have signs pointing to him having given up, and signs pointing to him really working for a future with the current band.

What I believe -- but I could be completely wrong -- is that he still have the same plans as before (releasing new music and try to make the current lineup overshadows those previously), but that everything has been postponed because he lost key members who where part of his original vision which makes it a bit more difficult to continue to drop music from the CD sessions, and because of troubles with label. He basically have to find a new way forward (write new music with the current lineup? release old original music? tour more to increase band's stature in media and among the old fan base? make deals with labels? and so on) and is working on that. That's what I am thinking.

Does he care?

3 hr shows.

You need an asterisk by that. 3 hour shows- yes. 3 hours of Axl - doesn't happen. If Axl himself was actually on stage kicking ass for 3 hours (see Bruce Springsteen or Bon Jovi) that'd be awesome. He disappears to much doing whatever while band plays these jams etc...he could probably play 4-5-6 more songs if he aced out the jams or solos or whataver.

Bon Jovi and Springsteen would croak after doing just WTTJ.

I wasn't trying to start a "Bruce/Jovi vs Axl" deal. I'm just saying Jovi is about 50 and Bruce is ancient (62). Axl should have no prob being on stage and singing for 2.5-3hrs. If he mixed in slow songs (Patience etc...) and some acoustics he'd get plenty of rest or whatever.

575099_450573291638332_165819413447056_1580424_850751437_n.jpg

"Do I look like I care ?"

God, what a terrible photo. I can see now why he has that disgusting moustache... it's to hide his sagging cheeks.

If you're 50, please do post a pic of your chiseled, clean cut looks rolleyes.gif

Edited by The Archer

I wasn't trying to start a "Bruce/Jovi vs Axl" deal. I'm just saying Jovi is about 50 and Bruce is ancient (62). Axl should have no prob being on stage and singing for 2.5-3hrs. If he mixed in slow songs (Patience etc...) and some acoustics he'd get plenty of rest or whatever.

Ok, fair. I get what you're trying to say now. But, there aren't enough mellow songs such as Patience in the GNR canon to let Axl sing 3 hours non stop. He just can't be singing Dead Flowers, OIAM and Patience over and over again. It's great that Bruce has the commitment that he has at his age. Likewise, it's nice that Bon Jovi is good for his legions of female fans. But, you can only legitimately compare what Axl puts his voice through to what Brian Johnson or Bruce Dickinson or Rob Halford do. I don't know that they do 3 hour shows with non stop singing.

As far as Guns goes, the 3 hour shows from the band, non-stop singing or no are a sign of commitment from both Axl and the band that they want to give their best shot at giving the audiences their money's worth.

Edited by The Archer

On one side we know that his plan of releasing three (or two) albums rapidly failed as well as the botched release of Chinese Democracy, which is all discouraging, but on the other side he has in the last two years managed to make the current lineup much more of a real, gelling band with all the interviews, photos, streams, tour book and merch, great tours, etc. So you have signs pointing to him having given up, and signs pointing to him really working for a future with the current band.

What I believe -- but I could be completely wrong -- is that he still have the same plans as before (releasing new music and try to make the current lineup overshadows those previously), but that everything has been postponed because he lost key members who where part of his original vision which makes it a bit more difficult to continue to drop music from the CD sessions, and because of troubles with label. He basically have to find a new way forward (write new music with the current lineup? release old original music? tour more to increase band's stature in media and among the old fan base? make deals with labels? and so on) and is working on that. That's what I am thinking.

Hope you are right and he evetually writes some music with the current bad as I have no desire to hear the ChiDem leftovers but I hope he does a box set of the sessions for the fans who do love that album.........

I think his voice is the main reason another album isn't out. He certainly cares about how much he dislikes a certain guitarist.

He could still pull it off. The difference when he isn't running around is pretty big, it's more a fitness thing. Obviously, his voice has detoriated but it's better now than it was in 2001/2002.

Madagascar was epic though at the VMA's 2002. It's never sounded as good ever since.

The stuff that was played in 2002 from Chinese Democracy sounded great in general.

No, you look about as depressed as usual though.

Must be thinking about Slash

I misinterpreted that and then had to laugh at myself. I thought you meant Slash always looks depressed!

He must think about Slash some lot then because every picture of him he has that same straight sad face.

I think his voice is the main reason another album isn't out. He certainly cares about how much he dislikes a certain guitarist.

He could still pull it off. The difference when he isn't running around is pretty big, it's more a fitness thing. Obviously, his voice has detoriated but it's better now than it was in 2001/2002.

Madagascar was epic though at the VMA's 2002. It's never sounded as good ever since.

The stuff that was played in 2002 from Chinese Democracy sounded great in general.

100% agreed. Even The Blues sounded better.

I misinterpreted that and then had to laugh at myself. I thought you meant Slash always looks depressed!

He must think about Slash some lot then because every picture of him he has that same straight sad face.

Oh yes, Axl should grin like a Cheshire cat 24/7 to prevent random people on the internet from diagnosing depression. Or better yet, giggle uncontrollably all day to sufficiently demonstrate his happiness. That would be the really normal thing to do.

Oh yes, Axl should grin like a Cheshire cat 24/7 to prevent random people on the internet from diagnosing depression. Or better yet, giggle uncontrollably all day to sufficiently demonstrate his happiness. That would be the really normal thing to do.

Relax mate it was a joke..........

I actually liked this thread at first but now it's just turned into people taking cheap shots at Axl like with that photo for instance. Every thread with a potential of being a good discussion is derailed into something stupid as this, it's childish. How does his looks have anything to do with the subject of this thread? That's right - it doesn't.

If Axl only cared about the money he'd go for the reunion cause that's where the real money is.

Axl wants to do as little as possible and still be able to live his extravagant lifestyle.

I'm sorry but that's just plain false. He doesnt HAVE to do 3 hour shows, he could do much shorter setlists with solos and he'll still be well within all contractual requirements. He doesn't HAVE to do all the big production for the tour, he could make a lot more money keeping things very basic. He needed effort to crawl back from the 2002 voice, if he didnt care he wouldnt have improved in such a big way since then.

He earns the money people spend on tickets by giving them a truly worthwhile show. If that keeps him comfortable with an extravagant lifestyle, fair enough.

I actually liked this thread at first but now it's just turned into people taking cheap shots at Axl like with that photo for instance. Every thread with a potential of being a good discussion is derailed into something stupid as this, it's childish. How does his looks have anything to do with the subject of this thread? That's right - it doesn't.

There was no bashing here and nobody was making fun of Axl's looks it was a small joke nothing more..relax........

Well, a lot of this just seems code for 'Axl doesn't smile, so he must be depressed and evil and not care, unlike some others who smile a lot and are therefore happy and righteous and love their fans'. Admit it, you guys - that's what you're really thinking tongue2.gif

Edited by The Archer

There was no bashing here and nobody was making fun of Axl's looks it was a small joke nothing more..relax........

But it happens in like 80% of threads on here, that's my point. Then it kinda stops being funny and just becomes rather annoying.

Well, a lot of this just seems code for 'Axl doesn't smile, so he must be depressed and evil and not care, unlike some others who smile a lot and are therefore happy and righteous and love their fans'. Admit it, you guys tongue2.gif

I would like to formally request the mods add a facepalm emoticon to the options as it is the only reasonable response at this point...............

Edited by classicrawker

I'm just being helpful. :shrugs:

If we're detecting the state of Axl's personal happiness and what he's thinking about from a picture, we cant leave him wondering what the right and acceptable facial expressions are. We must give him clear instructions.

I'm just being helpful. :shrugs:

If we're detecting the state of Axl's personal happiness and what he's thinking about from a picture, we cant leave him wondering what the right and acceptable facial expressions are. We must give him clear instructions.

Man Axl fans are sure wound tight.........don't take this stuff so seriously it was a very light hearted joke .........as the original caption for the picture said Axl doesn't care............