The begining of nu-GN'R - how it all started

Kohler

Slash and Duff were either too drugged, too stupid or too trusting to understand what signing the name over would mean down the road and what it would cost them. Credit where it's due, Axl certainly had the forsight to understand the value of it.

Either way it leaves an unpleasant taste. Even if you assume he did it for noble reasons and one of your suggestions above is true he took advantage of them.

For example if it was about protection he could have payed them for their share, I know that might sound odd but surely that wouldn't be as unpleasant. Granted they get royalties but I'm sure the value of the band was far greater than royalties.

Some might argue that mutual disbanding would have afforded the same protection without ugliness.

The way I see it is that Axl saw how the boat was sinking and he did everything to keep it floating.

Axl also was surrounded by beggars and hangers-on during the Illusion tour and believed he could abuse his wife because they were reincarnated indians.

Basically, don't trust Axl's opinion on anything.

Slash and Duff were either too drugged, too stupid or too trusting to understand what signing the name over would mean down the road and what it would cost them. Credit where it's due, Axl certainly had the forsight to understand the value of it.

Either way it leaves an unpleasant taste. Even if you assume he did it for noble reasons and one of your suggestions above is true he took advantage of them.

For example if it was about protection he could have payed them for their share, I know that might sound odd but surely that wouldn't be as unpleasant. Granted they get royalties but I'm sure the value of the band was far greater than royalties.

Some might argue that mutual disbanding would have afforded the same protection without ugliness.

The way I see it is that Axl saw how the boat was sinking and he did everything to keep it floating.

Axl also was surrounded by beggars and hangers-on during the Illusion tour and believed he could abuse his wife because they were reincarnated indians.

Basically, don't trust Axl's opinion on anything.

Huh? That stuff you say has nothing to do with the band´s break up and Axl keeping the name... :violin:

Slash is just looking for attention as usual.

Well obviously, because he does have a new album out so getting attention is most likely the main objective. Plus Piers is a decent interviewer and there is nothing wrong with getting on that specific subject if it is indeed intriguing (which it is)

I don't see anything wrong :shrugs:

Anyways on gnrevolution.com they have a really interesting section called "Chinese Whispers" where the history of that period is explored in depth, so this might be interesting to you (OP): http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=5059

Hey i booked marked this, and wow, i have reading this on n off all day. Got it on my samsung galaxy and fuck i can't stop reading it...especially the chris pitman stuff. I find him the most interesting.

Actually, Slash isn't changing his story.

"There were another couple of meetings like that in Doug Goldstein's office. Then, of course, there were endless meetings with the attorneys going over and over this thing. [...] [Axl] pushed this contract issue on us with so much pressure to the point that Duff and I just gave in." (Slash, Autobiography)

Edited by Kohler