Nightrain

Encore :

Madagascar

Rosie

Patience

Paradise City

GUNS N' ROSES Black Ice tour

it's such a shame.

this band could have accomplished so much.

they are all skilled enough.

Yes I'm sure everyone at the show tonight had a thoroughly disappointing night out....

I know what you mean though. It's a tight as feck group of guys and it would be good to see them get their teeth into newer and more challenging material.

Setlist

Chinese Democracy

Welcome to the Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Sorry

Roquet Queen

Estranged

Better

Fortus solo

Live And Let Die

This I Love

Motivation

Dizzy Reed solo

Street of Dreams

You Could be Mine

Dj ASHBA™ Mi Amor solo

Sweet Child O' Mine

Wall

November Rain

Glad to Be Here

Don't Cry

Civil War

Knocking On Heaven's Door

Nightrain

Encore :

Madagascar

Rosie

Patience

Paradise City

GUNS N' ROSES Black Ice tour

i thought there would be new guns n roses songs from future chinese democracy releases at Glasgow!

No, but i was in The 2 shows in Chile (2010 And 2011) And another one in Argentina And i remeber those shows And o donar find difference with this one. The people id waitining for new stuff And you know ir, Axl knows ir, Why he doesnt do nothing for us!

What kind of setlist changes do people really want.

The band only has 4.5 albums to pull from, and not every song is something that necessarily translates well live.

They have 1 album of new material in the past 20+ years to draw from. It makes varying the setlist incredibly difficult.

There is not an album anywhere on the horizon given the commitment to touring, so it's' not like they can start playing songs off the up coming release to break up the monotony.

They already did that during the 02-06 tours and it really took away from the eventual release of the album because we had already heard it played live for years. They won't do that again.

The band only has 4.5 albums to pull from, and not every song is something that necessarily translates well live.

They have 1 album of new material in the past 20+ years to draw from. It makes varying the setlist incredibly difficult.

There is not an album anywhere on the horizon given the commitment to touring, so it's' not like they can start playing songs off the up coming release to break up the monotony.

They already did that during the 02-06 tours and it really took away from the eventual release of the album because we had already heard it played live for years. They won't do that again.

I want catcher,twat and prostitute every night.

I want breakdown,pretty tied up and locomotive.

on the top of my head.

we'd like axl to drop a few appetite/illusions classics for a few new songs to be released on upcoming chinese democracy releases

Edited by finck6

I'm sure everyone at the show had a good time.

that's not the point.

in the age of the internet we all get the chance to follow and have a good time.

Axl is denying us a good time by playing within the strait jacket night after night after night.

I'd like to hear them mix it up a bit and introduce new material as much as anyone but it doesn't seem like that will happen any time soon (despite DJ seemingly hinting at such possibilities). I considered heading through to Glasgow for the show tonight but didn't bother as I've already seen Guns twice back in 2006.

If you're not at a show but perhaps you pay to get a livestream of a show then you can obviously be disappointed if they still played exactly the same thing. However moaning at the set whilst sitting on your arse in the house and getting free updates from someone who has paid to go to the show seems a little puerile.

If you want a good time then go out and find some other new bands who will put on great shows and consistently update their sets with different songs. Surely beats being sat in front of the computer and getting annoyed with a big show happening miles away?

I'm sure everyone at the show had a good time.

that's not the point.

in the age of the internet we all get the chance to follow and have a good time.

Axl is denying us a good time by playing within the strait jacket night after night after night.

I'd like to hear them mix it up a bit and introduce new material as much as anyone but it doesn't seem like that will happen any time soon (despite DJ seemingly hinting at such possibilities). I considered heading through to Glasgow for the show tonight but didn't bother as I've already seen Guns twice back in 2006.

If you're not at a show but perhaps you pay to get a livestream of a show then you can obviously be disappointed if they still played exactly the same thing. However moaning at the set whilst sitting on your arse in the house and getting free updates from someone who has paid to go to the show seems a little puerile.

If you want a good time then go out and find some other new bands who will put on great shows and consistently update their sets with different songs. Surely beats being sat in front of the computer and getting annoyed with a big show happening miles away?

you do have a point,but i fucking love GNR music!

and I have followed Axl since 1988.

Edited by stumbleine

I want catcher,twat and prostitute every night.

I want breakdown,pretty tied up and locomotive.

on the top of my head.

Maybe Axl doesn't want to spend the time working up those songs. He struggles on Twat, so I think that is why it isn't played.

He isn't going to sell anymore or less tickets by varying the setlist, so why waste the time rehearsing new/different songs to play? He seems content doing what he is doing now.

Very well said.

Ali

The biggest dumbass in the band ran his mouth off to get people's hopes up. Again.

What else is he supposed to do to help generate excitement for the same tour they have been doing for 6 years? Let people know that there is nothing new in the pipeline, and they should be prepared for another prolonged wait? THat is just not realistic.

So do I and I'd love to hear more but getting wound up about shows which you're not at is a bit pointless.

I'm not on here half as much as I used to partly because it was mostly just moaning about stuff.

The majority of fans at a Guns show will be there to hear the "hits" and will tolerate the handful of Chi Dem tracks that get played.

Most of the general ticket buying public would probably be put off a bit if they heard that the band were playing a lot of lesser played and new songs and in turn it could affect ticket sales.

If they're wary of putting newer material in the set at big shows I think a good idea would be if they did a short run of very low key shows in very small venues for the more hardcore type fan where they made it clear that they wanted to try out rarer tracks and new material in a live enviroment. Basically they'd know that people would be there and wanting to hear the new stuff compared to if they did it at a normal show and you'd just get some drunk mess shouting out "Sweet Child O' Mine" half way through.

So do I and I'd love to hear more but getting wound up about shows which you're not at is a bit pointless.

I'm not on here half as much as I used to partly because it was mostly just moaning about stuff.

The majority of fans at a Guns show will be there to hear the "hits" and will tolerate the handful of Chi Dem tracks that get played.

Most of the general ticket buying public would probably be put off a bit if they heard that the band were playing a lot of lesser played and new songs and in turn it could affect ticket sales.

If they're wary of putting newer material in the set at big shows I think a good idea would be if they did a short run of very low key shows in very small venues for the more hardcore type fan where they made it clear that they wanted to try out rarer tracks and new material in a live enviroment. Basically they'd know that people would be there and wanting to hear the new stuff compared to if they did it at a normal show and you'd just get some drunk mess shouting out "Sweet Child O' Mine" half way through.

i remember during the 90's on the illusions tour axl wasn't afraid to play new stuff. axl debut lots of new songs from the illusions. wasn't any drunk guys or girls yelling out sweet child o mine when axl was playing them for the first time in front of stadium crowds