Guns n' Roses - Glasgow SECC 25/05/12

Beegnikos

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back from the show... I can't believe people are running their mouths about this new songs thing. I thought folk around here actually had brains enough to know that DJ hadn't singled Glasgow out as THE DATE OF ALL DATES TO PREMIER NEW MATERIAL. Scotland got a lot of songs it hadn't heard before tonight, and people fucking loved it.

I've not written a massive fucking review for a gig I've been to in the way I used to for a very long time... but I think I might do so with this show because it was extremely special to me. Crowd were great, the band were on fire... and I made my own wee mark on the setlist (which apparently no-one's listed). Ron played the national anthem at my request. I was quite the emotional wreck... but I told him that after the show.

Also, I have now met 7 members out of the 8, no prizes for guessing who eluded me!

the fans want new guns n roses songs played. they want something different every night

"The fans" is a very big collective term of many people who want many different things. I got what I wanted tonight, more in fact. I'm sure the vast majority of people in Glasgow, (Or Newcastle, Nottingham, Dublin etc.) would tell you the same thing. I'm not saying that I don't want new material, of course I do! But I don't think its absence detracted from tonight in the slightest.

Gunsguy, the latter half of Glad To Be Here is Flower of Scotland. :)

Just back from the show... I can't believe people are running their mouths about this new songs thing. I thought folk around here actually had brains enough to know that DJ hadn't singled Glasgow out as THE DATE OF ALL DATES TO PREMIER NEW MATERIAL. Scotland got a lot of songs it hadn't heard before tonight, and people fucking loved it.

I've not written a massive fucking review for a gig I've been to in the way I used to for a very long time... but I think I might do so with this show because it was extremely special to me. Crowd were great, the band were on fire... and I made my own wee mark on the setlist (which apparently no-one's listed). Ron played the national anthem at my request. I was quite the emotional wreck... but I told him that after the show.

Also, I have now met 7 members out of the 8, no prizes for guessing who eluded me!

the fans want new guns n roses songs played. they want something different every night

"The fans" is a very big collective term of many people who want many different things. I got what I wanted tonight, more in fact. I'm sure the vast majority of people in Glasgow, (Or Newcastle, Nottingham, Dublin etc.) would tell you the same thing. I'm not saying that I don't want new material, of course I do! But I don't think its absence detracted from tonight in the slightest.

dropping greatest hits for new songs will not detract the show. new songs from future chinese releases will make the shows better

I can understand that you had a great night and so did the crowd that attended the show, that is not debatable. However, we, they people who were unable to attend the show still can have an opinion about that said show. Would I go to a Guns show if they played near my area even though there were not going to be new songs played? Hell yes, I'm sure the night would rock. However, after all the stop-start touring, down time, inactivity etc etc, one would think that they would throw us a bone and play a new song, hell even Catcher, Prostitute or Shackers would go over really well. Beats hearing covers and Motivation...

I can understand that you had a great night and so did the crowd that attended the show, that is not debatable. However, we, they people who were unable to attend the show still can have an opinion about that said show. Would I go to a Guns show if they played near my area even though there were not going to be new songs played? Hell yes, I'm sure the night would rock. However, after all the stop-start touring, down time, inactivity etc etc, one would think that they would throw us a bone and play a new song, hell even Catcher, Prostitute or Shackers would go over really well. Beats hearing covers and Motivation...

i agree with you. but we have catcher, prostitute, and shacklers on the chinese democracy cd. we purchased at bestbuy. we're looking for something more. like a new song yet to be released in the can. songs ready to go. ready for release. these are the new songs we'd like instead of estranged, november rain, and civil war

I understand what you're saying; but wouldn't it have been a little bit more special if you could say that you were at the show where "insert song title here" was played for the first time ever?

It would be for me.

Congrats on seeing an amazing show anyway though.

i agree with you. but we have catcher, prostitute, and shacklers on the chinese democracy cd. we purchased at bestbuy. we're looking for something more. like a new song yet to be released in the can. songs ready to go. ready for release. these are the new songs we'd like instead of estranged, november rain, and civil war

I love Chinese and want more songs, but if the day ever comes that November Rain is dropped, ill be pissed and so would a lot of casual fans. Live and Let Die needs to go first

Met axl tonight and i have an 8 minute video but there is no sound, anyone know what this problem could be? How will I get the audio back? question.gif

PS he was so cool, funny and friendly.

upload it maybe we can figure it out? It could be your camera only records "moving images" which means it does not record audio :( What format is the video in?

Congrats on meeting Mr. Rose!

Edited by gunsguy

I love Chinese and want more songs, but if the day ever comes that November Rain is dropped, ill be pissed and so would a lot of casual fans. Live and Let Die needs to go first

dropping a classic hit like november rain would show the press and the world axl's ready to move forward with guns n roses

people who were unable to attend the show still can have an opinion about that said show.

Yes, they can have an opinion. Just as I can have the opinion that their opinion is fucking retarded. I read these threads to find out what people who were at the show thought of the show, not to find out what people who weren't at the show thought of the show.

I don't read movie reviews from people that didn't go see the movie.

Some people actually are bored of the same songs played over and over with nothing new. If we were all just reading and replying to these threads to see what people at the show thought of it, it would be quite boring. The dismay regarding the setlist shouldn't surprise you and is quite predictable. This is their second time touring Europe post-Chidem release. Prior to this, it was excusable that no new material was played as it was the first time touring their album properly. This time around expect a bit more hostility in regards to the setlist.

LOL at the movie review analogy. You compare something(a tour) is fairly consistent in it's setlist and has been for years now to new movie which cannot really be talked about by people who have not seen it. I fail to see the logic. Most of us have been to Guns shows. Most of us know the basic setlist and order. Most of us yearn for new material. So we talk about the lack of additions/change regarding the current shows. What can people who haven't see a movie talk about?

dropping a classic hit like november rain would show the press and the world axl's ready to move forward with guns n roses

dropping the songs that the majority of fans (the casual fans) want to see...THATS a smart idea...

while we're at it, lets drop Sweet Child

people who were unable to attend the show still can have an opinion about that said show.

Yes, they can have an opinion. Just as I can have the opinion that their opinion is fucking retarded. I read these threads to find out what people who were at the show thought of the show, not to find out what people who weren't at the show thought of the show.

I don't read movie reviews from people that didn't go see the movie.

Some people actually are bored of the same songs played over and over with nothing new. If we were all just reading and replying to these threads to see what people at the show thought of it, it would be quite boring. The dismay regarding the setlist shouldn't surprise you and is quite predictable. This is their second time touring Europe post-Chidem release. Prior to this, it was excusable that no new material was played as it was the first time touring their album properly. This time around expect a bit more hostility in regards to the setlist.

LOL at the movie review analogy. You compare something(a tour) is fairly consistent in it's setlist and has been for years now to new movie which cannot really be talked about by people who have not seen it. I fail to see the logic. Most of us have been to Guns shows. Most of us know the basic setlist and order. Most of us yearn for new material. So we talk about the lack of additions/change regarding the current shows. What can people who haven't see a movie talk about?

ask matt sorum about guns n roses home movies lol

you're right. we're bored with the setlist. we want change. it's like politics. we want obama. not mitt romney. we know the songs. the order. i know the order when i saw guns n roses in 2002. the setlist hasn't changed in 2012. the classics dominate the shows. even with chinese democracy out axl doesn't move forwarded with new songs at shows. axl plays it safe. axl isn't taking chances or risks. you have to be bold. brave. embrace the future. play new songs

not sure but think so...

theres was 17 of us and he spent 8 minutes signing, shaking hands taken pictures and answering questions.

He's not to sure about There Was A Time and how he's sings with with his breathing, compared it to You could be Mine saying it take ages for him to play it live.

I asked about the leg, he said it would heal in about a month, and I asked about his hats and he said it was a secret where he got them.

Said he was going on his tour bus to watch braveheart and rob roy haha.