When did Guns N' Roses look the coolest?

Cosmo

When did Guns N' Roses look the coolest?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Originally, I was gonna vote UYI Era and '06 because I loved the wardrobe and Axl looked badass.

But if we ignore Axl, the rest of the band looked brilliant in the Lies era and in '02. Lies era was the street look sans glam influences, and they just looked badass collectively. '02 looked like a circus, the most interesting-looking lineup. So I voted for those.

I voted UYI-era for classic GnR 'cause they no longer had that leathery look, which I really don't like, and for nuGnR, it's gotta be 2006. Robin looked awesome, Ron looked awesome, Richard has always been the coolest guy ever, and Axl was the meanest looking motherfucker.

Personally my favourite Axl look ever was either in the Yesterdays video or in the live recording of Civil War at Farm Aid in 1990.

Edit: Which I've just realised rules me out of any of the choices in the poll! :lol:

Edited by Dazey

Personally my favourite Axl look ever was either in the Yesterdays video or in the live recording of Civil War at Farm Aid in 1990.

Edit: Which I've just realised rules me out of any of the choices in the poll! :lol:

Yeah, I had to divide it by periods of time or we'd get too many poll options that'd never cover everyone's opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

91-93 and 2009-2012

They were on top form in SCOM videoclip, but I'm a fan of the Axl's bandana+piano+more clean look from the 90's.

I think he looks truly like an icon in this picture:

2cmvi9i.jpg

Izzy'll always be the coolest guy IMO. In the current GNR I think it's BBF.

• 2 weeks later...

Voted for Appetite&Lies era: that period is Guns n' Roses at their best, they're young, hungry and killer. I like the UYI-era too, but the band looks like 6 "freaks" not to mention they are too stoned every time

In new GNR: i really liked the 2001 HOB show Axl look, according to the pictures, but i think the cooler band look is on the 06/07 tour. Axl still looks young & powerfull. Nowadays, hmmm.. not really

91-93 and 2009-2012

They were on top form in SCOM videoclip, but I'm a fan of the Axl's bandana+piano+more clean look from the 90's.

I think he looks truly like an icon in this picture:

2cmvi9i.jpg

Izzy'll always be the coolest guy IMO. In the current GNR I think it's BBF.

Axl was cool in the UYI era. Very cool. I used to wear flannel shirts and basketball shorts and a black tee (I didn't have a Manson shirt) to look like Axl did on the Estranged video. I was only ten or eleven.

He could have done without the daisy dukes.

Slash looked kinda silly, though during that time. Kind of trashy. He looks way cooler now. Axl fell off big time but he did look cool in the 06-07 era sans the braids. They weren't bad, just not right.

Matt looked......bad. By Velvet Revolver he looks cool. There is a picture in Slash's book where they were playing with Izzy and he looked pretty cool in that picture.

The early 00's was laughable for every person in gnr. That was a freak show.

Izzy reminds me of my uncle David. Bumblefoot looks like a coold dude.

I voted for the UYI era but in retrospect the only person I thought looked cool most of the time was Axl. Slash, Duff, and Izzy were cooler during Appetite but Slash and Duff looked kinda silly on stage by UYI like they wore the same leather pants every day and never took a bath. Of course they were wasted the whole time....

I also voted for current lineup of new GNR but I made mistake again because Axl looked way cooler a few years ago. Now he looks pretty silly with the hulk hogan stache and the saggy chin. He's getting older so that is ok, but he can loose the face hogan stache.

I play guitar so I lean toward liking Slash more but I associate the coolness of the band's appearance with Axl. He's the front man so he's the point man.

Random observations for the day.....

• 3 weeks later...

To me, nothing beats the look they had at the Ritz show they filmed for MTV back in 88. God, Axl was amazing. He was so confident and hungry and the energy was electrifying. I don't think I've ever seen a sexier human being on the face of this planet, EVER! Not before, not after and probably never will again. That was cool.