Axl's voice in 2012

trqster

The first half of Philly was very good, then again that was a little further into the tour than we are now, and as good as the Philly show was, we had some POOR gigs on that tour as well when he was ill, so it was a mixed bag.

Anyway Philly was nowhere near as good as Denver 2011, best show of the entire tour so far, most songs were 2010 like.

PS, find me a better version of Maddy from this year:

He still has it, he CAN still pull off 2010 phrasing, and sometimes even entire songs in the 2010 vocal style BUT I think he can't hold it the whole way through without probably ruining his voice after a few concerts like that.

You can tell he is holding back because he isn't powering through the notes like he used to, in 2010 he used his mixed voice to reach the higher notes and thats why he stayed in rasp the whole time, now days more often then not he'll slip into a cleaner head voice to reach higher notes, though to be fair he is starting to power through more on this Euro leg, as he didat times in Philly. The fact that he can still do it at all suggests to me is holding off somewhat.

Edited by koldbeer2

The first half of Philly was very good, then again that was a little further into the tour than we are now, and as good as the Philly show was, we had some POOR gigs on that tour as well when he was ill, so it was a mixed bag.

Anyway Philly was nowhere near as good as Denver 2011, best show of the entire tour so far, most songs were 2010 like.

PS, find me a better version of Maddy from this year:

He still has it, he CAN still pull off 2010 phrasing, and sometimes even entire songs in the 2010 vocal style BUT I think he can't hold it the whole way through without probably ruining his voice after a few concerts like that.

You can tell he is holding back because he isn't powering through the notes like he used to, in 2010 he used his mixed voice to reach the higher notes and thats why he stayed in rasp the whole time, now days more often then not he'll slip into a cleaner head voice to reach higher notes, though to be fair he is starting to power through more on this Euro leg, as he didat times in Philly. The fact that he can still do it at all suggests to me is holding off somewhat.

Indeed a good performance but still not superior to the Philly show IMO. Just listen to the Sorry performance from and compare it to the one the from Philly...no match in terms of rasp. :shrugs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwpOlbVD7xM

But I agree that Axl still seems to have it....some times at least either by choice or due to other factors....