Rock in Rio 2001

GeetarMikey

I miss the way axl sang SCOM in 2006/7.

Seriosly, listen to NovaRock 2006 or Brisbane 2007. It's completly different from the way he sing that song now.

Even in 2010 he wasn't near the level he did in 2006.

Edited by ChrisMaciel

Is it just me or is the sound mixing horrible at Rio 2001? I mean the guitars and bass sound REALLY flat and mushed together...Can't explain it. The guitars and bass lack a punch, and it isn't a playing issue, it seems like sound mixing issue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6XJYe4tQ6M

As compared to

Edited by Clark Gable

When GN'R were lined up to play RIR-L in '04 the website uploaded a 3 song clip from the 2001 show that featured remixed audio. The songs were Brownstone, CD and PC.

I don't think it was remastered, but since it was sourced digitally it sounded better than the other bootlegs (which were sourced from VHS recordings).

That clip also cut off the last half of Paradise City because it sounded so bad.

Edited by Freddie Mercury's Ghost

Is it just me or is the sound mixing horrible at Rio 2001? I mean the guitars and bass sound REALLY flat and mushed together...Can't explain it. The guitars and bass lack a punch, and it isn't a playing issue, it seems like sound mixing issue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6XJYe4tQ6M

As compared to

the mixing sounds great. robin and bucket sound freakin awesome on rio 2001 jungle

I remember ordering the Rio concert on VHS off of eBay. I don't know Axl seemed winded and wasn't in the geatest voice. But at that time a glimpse of Axl was like seeing the Loch Ness Monster. Honestly I don't think Axl wanted to be there. He said as much during the December 29th 2001 show in Vegas.

Edited by SONOFABITCH

I remember ordering the Rio concert on VHS off of eBay. I don't know Axl seemed winded and wasn't in the geatest voice. But at that time a glimpse of Axl was like seeing the Loch Ness Monster. Honestly I don't think Axl wanted to be there. He said as much during the December 29th 2001 show in Vegas.

I don't remember this - what did he say about Rio?

WTTJ from RIR III had to be the most powerful WTTJ ever when you consider all aspects as far as the band and the crowd!!! Yes Axl's voice gives out for the last 1/4 of the show but still was a good concert. ISE was classic Axl!!!!!

I will say WTTJ from the VMA's in 1988 was probably the best by the band as a whole.

I too feel Am Ring from 2006 is the best concert as a whole than any version of GNR have ever had.

Really? I thought the majority of it was a bit cringe-worthy tbh. Axl is fat and looks nothing like Axl Rose. He looks like a fat Triple H. Don't like his voice there either, quite poor most of the time. The rest of the band just look plain weird too, like a bunch of misfits. The only reason why it's a bit cool, is because it sounds different than what we usually hear.

Robins backing vocals on songs like Brownstone and Cd are just amazing.

Seriously, I'm straighter than ruler but I'd fuck him just because he's such a god.

THIS for me is the real Chinese Democracy era.

I can hardly consider the current line-up as Chinese Democray-related.

(and Robin Finck rules!!!)

this. robin finck rules!!!

Edited by finck6

The only notorius thing is the welcome to the jungle scream,that its the most amazing scream he made i think in his career.But as the scream endend we saw him without breath,without knowing to sing the songs right and many others mistake.

Rock in rio 2011 was again a failure.Dont know why but he singed really bad.