Slash on Howard Stern 5/22/12

Original

But here is the thing: ALL of this is heresay. Why should we belive this guy in the interview? Why should any of us take anything anyone says (including Axl and Slash) to be 100 percent factual? And who are certain members here to go on to nearly every topic involving Slash to not even take Marc's quotes in the full context but go on about it anyway?

Jeez, I forgot about you. Mr Boring. :sleeper:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But here is the thing: ALL of this is heresay. Why should we belive this guy in the interview? Why should any of us take anything anyone says (including Axl and Slash) to be 100 percent factual? And who are certain members here to go on to nearly every topic involving Slash to not even take Marc's quotes in the full context but go on about it anyway?

Yeah? Cool.

Good post.

Shut up

Because it suits their agenda to bash Slash why else? Ignore the mutiple stories from everyone who was actually there about what actually happened in the band because they paint Axl in a bad light and look for any scrap of information to run Slash down...

Because it suits their agenda to bash Slash why else? Ignore the mutiple stories from everyone who was actually there about what actually happened in the band because they paint Axl in a bad light and look for any scrap of information to run Slash down...

Yeah, everyone has been misguided and lied to. :sleeper: Slash lies but Axl lives in another whole planet where he has never done anything wrong.

Shut up

Thanks for your input!

Old members section :sleeper:

+1

I said move this if deemed wrong section. Besides- you could say "old members section" for about 90% of threads. Basically every thread talks about a song off of AFD, or UYI or has a Slash reference or Duff or Bucket or Finck. I thought this was kinda an interesting and new interview regarding Slash on Axl. Let the mods moderate where threads should go...I think they can handle it.

I am finally getting to hear the full interview for the first time and have to say while there is nothing earth shattering Howard did cover a lot of ground and it was interersting to hear Slash tell the stories and give more details............

Slash lies,fact.

Do you know who this is? Doubt it unless you know history and are over 15.

toddcrew.jpg

Here is some sketchy and ominous facts concerning his demise,involving slash.

H o w D i d T o d d C r e w D i e ? J e t b o y a n d S l a s h V a r y .

Todd Crew

"Todd, all of twenty-one years old, died in my arms," said Slash, of Guns N' Roses.

Throughout his recently published biography, Slash describes Todd Crew, of Jetboy fame, as his drug addicted best friend--the best friend he fervently tried to protect, but in the end, could not keep away from the thrill of the rock star lifestyle.

Slash paints a picture of Todd as a pushy dope fiend, dragging him through the streets of New York to score heroin and other drugs. He explains that the day of Todd's death he had tried to thwart his drug use but was "overruled."He claims that, while later that night he did inject Todd with heroin, he only did so because he could "tell it wasn't strong at all" -- performing the injection with the intent of regulating how much heroin Todd was given.

Slash further goes on to say that Todd must have been shot up later by a fellow party go-er because "what I gave him wasn't strong enough to cause what happened."

However, Todd's former band mates and the members of a recently reunited Jetboy believe something entirely different happened that night.

I sat down with Jetboy who were close friends of Todd Crew, to get the band's opinion on the death of Todd, and the comments made by Slash about the rock band Jetboy.

Marion Pierson: In Slash's' biography he says he stayed with Todd while everyone left, and that "he died in his arms". I understand you were told different information?

Jetboy: Absolutely...Slash is a liar and he knows it. The few people that were there that night knows what really happened and that Slash is 100% full of shit. Todd OD'd twice that night, we were told. The first time Slash didn't even bother calling 911. After they revived him for a minute, everyone freaked out, being high on dope; and left (Slash included).

When they came back, Todd was dead. That's when Slash finally called 911 -- when it was too late. It's a perfect alibi: "I wasn't here. When I got back Todd was dead."

Slash only cared about saving his own ass from criminal charges; which is exactly what happened. Slash walked away with no repercussions.

MP: So you're saying that Slash killed Todd?

Jetboy: Todd was killing himself, but Slash definitely aided him in his demise. Just read what he wrote In his book. This is what we believe happened.

Todd, on arrival, was "fucking drunk," according to Slash, at his hotel at 7am. Todd had just broken up with his long time girl friend and was distraught.

Slash took him to a Western Union so he could get money to buy heroin.

Slash bought a bottle of Jim Beam (Todd's choice of booze), after Todd can't even stand up straight, and as he was falling down, drunk .

Slash shot Todd up with heroin after Todd was, according to Slash in his book, "in no state to be messing with drugs."

Slash and Todd went to the movies, where Slash smuggled in a case of beer; and where they continued to drink excessively.

Slash and Todd go back to the hotel where Slash proceeded to shoot Todd up with more heroin (Todd had been drinking for 18 hours straight).

Todd OD'd the first time, and Slash revived Todd temporarily; but Slash then panicked and left instead of calling 911.

Slash comes back to the hotel room, finds that Todd has overdosed again; and finally called 911, after it was too late. Now Slash has the perfect alibi "I wasn't here when it happened."

Jetboy: Slash claims in his book that he was the "only one who did everything possible to keep Todd alive" Well, If your doing everything you can to keep someone alive" the last thing you do is shoot them up with heroin especially if you know that they have been drinking for 18 hours straight. You don't have to be Dr. Drew to know that the combination of heroin with that level of alcohol is going to be bad news.

Slash even said Todd "was in no state to be messing with drugs," but yet Slash shot him up with heroin; and then abandoned him, when he overdosed; instead of calling 911, like he should have. We can't think of a more selfish act. Slash didn't care about anything but saving himself from criminal charges. Don't forget that Slash has a proven track record of freaking out in these types of the situations and not taking responsibility.

If you read the Heroin Diaries by Nikki Sixx, you will see that Slash freaks out and panics when Nikki Sixx OD' d, and did nothing to help. He was even screaming Todd's name while it happened. Bottom line: Slash is a coward, and it bothers us that Slash walked away with no repercussions; after enabling and providing drugs and alcohol to someone as he said was "in no state to be messing with drugs."

Slash knows the truth and he will have to live with the choices he made and the lies he told and is still telling to this day. He lied to us, he lied to the police, he lied to Todd's friends and family, and he lied to his fans in his book.

We think that Slash is in such denial that he probably believes his own "BS" because he has been telling these lies for so long. And to think he calls Todd all through his book, "my best friend'? That is more Bull Shit.

MP: I'm sure you've checked out Slash's' biography. Were you surprised when he labeled you guys "poseurs"?

Jetboy: "That's like the whole irony of everything when he says 'they [Jetboy] weren't as transparent' which is what I believe he says, because we had a singer with a 'Mohawk' the first thing that comes to mind is, 'Fuck you.'

That's not how it was back then and if you did feel that way then why did you do shows with us, and have both bands hang all the time. At the time, we backed each other up --the two bands were very close. The reason he said that in the book is because he wanted to put us down. It's what Slash has done ever since, because of the situation that happened with Todd; starting when Jetboy fired Todd, up to his passing away, which was six months after he was let go from Jetboy.

Wow thanks for posting that. I knew there was more to the story.

"Slash is a liar. Slash is 100% full of shit. He lied to us, he lied to the police, he lied to Todd's friends and family, and he lied to his fans in his book."

-Jetboy

Sounds about right.

Yep

Howard Stern says "Slash created those great licks and that's what Axl is missing. He said he can hire 50,000 guys to do what Slash did but they can't recreate what goes on in the studio"

i say robin finck and buckethead did. robin finck recreated slash on better, there was a time, street of dreams, and this i love. buckethead recreated slash on there was a time, if the world, and prostitute

howard stern doesn't listen to the chinese democracy record. doesn't acknowledge it. gives the record no credit. doesn't give robin finck and buckethead the credit for kicking ass on the current guns n roses record. taking rock 2 the next level of EPICness

something slash can't do today on his own solo

Edited by finck6

Howard Stern says "Slash created those great licks and that's what Axl is missing. He said he can hire 50,000 guys to do what Slash did but they can't recreate what goes on in the studio"

i say robin finck and buckethead did. robin finck recreated slash on better, there was a time, street of dreams, and this i love. buckethead recreated slash on there was a time, if the world, and prostitute

howard stern doesn't listen to the chinese democracy record. doesn't acknowledge it. gives the record no credit. doesn't give robin finck and buckethead the credit for kicking ass on the current guns n roses record. taking rock 2 the next level of EPICness

I disagree - I mean I like CD a hell of a lot but to me I do not think they recreated Slash's sound on any of the songs - which is a good thing because regardless of the whole band name ordeal and the whole thing with Slash, the last thing I want are people trying recreating his sound in the studio.

Is the guitar work on Chinese Democracy awesome? Absolutely, but I just don't get the "recreated Slash's sound" thing regardless if you like Slash or not. I even remember an interview (I believe it was Kurt Loder or something around then) where Axl talks about not trying to play the songs Slash and him worked on because he knew that he couldn't get a guitar player that would play it like he did.

Edited by WhazUp

Howard should fuck off and let the current Guns N' Roses line-up continue.

I wasn't aware Howard was stopping them from continuing?

I wasn't aware I stated he was? I just said let them continue instead of trying to rekindle something from almost 20 years ago. The current line-up is fantastic, extremely talented and more importantly, solid. Axl has said a billion times he's not going to play with Slash again and even said one of them will die before it happens. I'm sick of Axl repeating himself about something that will not happen, so I can't imagine how much Axl is sick of it. The subject should just be dropped and people should move on instead of hanging in the past and hoping for something that is never going to happen.

No their not, that's the problem. Actually, it seems the only one who can't move on is Axl (note the setlist, amongst other things). He is constantly retooling his band searching for a sound he will never find. The only reason his "brand" is still relevant are the memories of what used to be. The bottom line is very few people on Earth (including Axl) even know the names of anyone in his current incarnation of GNR. But quite a few recall the original Geffen signed band, and everyone knows Slash.

Old members section :sleeper:

+1

I said move this if deemed wrong section. Besides- you could say "old members section" for about 90% of threads. Basically every thread talks about a song off of AFD, or UYI or has a Slash reference or Duff or Bucket or Finck. I thought this was kinda an interesting and new interview regarding Slash on Axl. Let the mods moderate where threads should go...I think they can handle it.

I am finally getting to hear the full interview for the first time and have to say while there is nothing earth shattering Howard did cover a lot of ground and it was interersting to hear Slash tell the stories and give more details............

Slash lies,fact.

Do you know who this is? Doubt it unless you know history and are over 15.

toddcrew.jpg

Here is some sketchy and ominous facts concerning his demise,involving slash.

H o w D i d T o d d C r e w D i e ? J e t b o y a n d S l a s h V a r y .

Todd Crew

"Todd, all of twenty-one years old, died in my arms," said Slash, of Guns N' Roses.

Throughout his recently published biography, Slash describes Todd Crew, of Jetboy fame, as his drug addicted best friend--the best friend he fervently tried to protect, but in the end, could not keep away from the thrill of the rock star lifestyle.

Slash paints a picture of Todd as a pushy dope fiend, dragging him through the streets of New York to score heroin and other drugs. He explains that the day of Todd's death he had tried to thwart his drug use but was "overruled."He claims that, while later that night he did inject Todd with heroin, he only did so because he could "tell it wasn't strong at all" -- performing the injection with the intent of regulating how much heroin Todd was given.

Slash further goes on to say that Todd must have been shot up later by a fellow party go-er because "what I gave him wasn't strong enough to cause what happened."

However, Todd's former band mates and the members of a recently reunited Jetboy believe something entirely different happened that night.

I sat down with Jetboy who were close friends of Todd Crew, to get the band's opinion on the death of Todd, and the comments made by Slash about the rock band Jetboy.

Marion Pierson: In Slash's' biography he says he stayed with Todd while everyone left, and that "he died in his arms". I understand you were told different information?

Jetboy: Absolutely...Slash is a liar and he knows it. The few people that were there that night knows what really happened and that Slash is 100% full of shit. Todd OD'd twice that night, we were told. The first time Slash didn't even bother calling 911. After they revived him for a minute, everyone freaked out, being high on dope; and left (Slash included).

When they came back, Todd was dead. That's when Slash finally called 911 -- when it was too late. It's a perfect alibi: "I wasn't here. When I got back Todd was dead."

Slash only cared about saving his own ass from criminal charges; which is exactly what happened. Slash walked away with no repercussions.

MP: So you're saying that Slash killed Todd?

Jetboy: Todd was killing himself, but Slash definitely aided him in his demise. Just read what he wrote In his book. This is what we believe happened.

Todd, on arrival, was "fucking drunk," according to Slash, at his hotel at 7am. Todd had just broken up with his long time girl friend and was distraught.

Slash took him to a Western Union so he could get money to buy heroin.

Slash bought a bottle of Jim Beam (Todd's choice of booze), after Todd can't even stand up straight, and as he was falling down, drunk .

Slash shot Todd up with heroin after Todd was, according to Slash in his book, "in no state to be messing with drugs."

Slash and Todd went to the movies, where Slash smuggled in a case of beer; and where they continued to drink excessively.

Slash and Todd go back to the hotel where Slash proceeded to shoot Todd up with more heroin (Todd had been drinking for 18 hours straight).

Todd OD'd the first time, and Slash revived Todd temporarily; but Slash then panicked and left instead of calling 911.

Slash comes back to the hotel room, finds that Todd has overdosed again; and finally called 911, after it was too late. Now Slash has the perfect alibi "I wasn't here when it happened."

Jetboy: Slash claims in his book that he was the "only one who did everything possible to keep Todd alive" Well, If your doing everything you can to keep someone alive" the last thing you do is shoot them up with heroin especially if you know that they have been drinking for 18 hours straight. You don't have to be Dr. Drew to know that the combination of heroin with that level of alcohol is going to be bad news.

Slash even said Todd "was in no state to be messing with drugs," but yet Slash shot him up with heroin; and then abandoned him, when he overdosed; instead of calling 911, like he should have. We can't think of a more selfish act. Slash didn't care about anything but saving himself from criminal charges. Don't forget that Slash has a proven track record of freaking out in these types of the situations and not taking responsibility.

If you read the Heroin Diaries by Nikki Sixx, you will see that Slash freaks out and panics when Nikki Sixx OD' d, and did nothing to help. He was even screaming Todd's name while it happened. Bottom line: Slash is a coward, and it bothers us that Slash walked away with no repercussions; after enabling and providing drugs and alcohol to someone as he said was "in no state to be messing with drugs."

Slash knows the truth and he will have to live with the choices he made and the lies he told and is still telling to this day. He lied to us, he lied to the police, he lied to Todd's friends and family, and he lied to his fans in his book.

We think that Slash is in such denial that he probably believes his own "BS" because he has been telling these lies for so long. And to think he calls Todd all through his book, "my best friend'? That is more Bull Shit.

MP: I'm sure you've checked out Slash's' biography. Were you surprised when he labeled you guys "poseurs"?

Jetboy: "That's like the whole irony of everything when he says 'they [Jetboy] weren't as transparent' which is what I believe he says, because we had a singer with a 'Mohawk' the first thing that comes to mind is, 'Fuck you.'

That's not how it was back then and if you did feel that way then why did you do shows with us, and have both bands hang all the time. At the time, we backed each other up --the two bands were very close. The reason he said that in the book is because he wanted to put us down. It's what Slash has done ever since, because of the situation that happened with Todd; starting when Jetboy fired Todd, up to his passing away, which was six months after he was let go from Jetboy.

Slash is a god, he even fooled the LA Police!

If the guy in the interview were right, we would have know. The police is not that stupid you know.

(it's sad that a guy died though..)

Edited by Kapitch_77

I disagree - I mean I like CD a hell of a lot but to me I do not think they recreated Slash's sound on any of the songs - which is a good thing because regardless of the whole band name ordeal and the whole thing with Slash, the last thing I want are people trying recreating his sound in the studio.

Is the guitar work on Chinese Democracy awesome? Absolutely, but I just don't get the "recreated Slash's sound" thing regardless if you like Slash or not. I even remember an interview (I believe it was Kurt Loder or something around then) where Axl talks about not trying to play the songs Slash and him worked on because he knew that he couldn't get a guitar player that would play it like he did.

the guitar work of robin and bucket on chinese democracy is freakin' awesome. robin and bucket take rock 2 a whole new level slash never took rock on the chinese record. howard stern doesn't recognize. howard doesn't even say the names robin finck and buckethead to slash. howard is partisan with robin finck, buckethead, and the chinese democracy record

Wrong section to be posting about Slash. I wish you people would learn where the Former Gunners section is located.

Did you read my OP? I said if this should be moved then move it. We'll let the mods mod. Maybe "you people" should not try & be the "board police" and just trust the mods to handle....but thanks for your great input.

I'm not a Slash hater. He's a terrific, one-of-a-kind guitar player/soloist and one of the best live rock performers ever. It's a privilege to watch him play.

That said, this is how it breaks down lately and it's getting really old:

Axl: "You'll only interview me if I'll talk about Slash? Okay then, I'm not doing the interview."

Slash: "You'll only interview me if I'll talk about Axl even though I keep saying I hate talking about Axl? SWEET DUDE I GET TO BE ON THE RADIO!!"

people need to stop dissing Slash just because Axl does it.

It's one of the big reasons why they do it. If Axl said "Slash and I are cool now and I like his music", they'd be praising Slash etc.

No chance, Slash solo sucks.