Slash on Howard Stern 5/22/12

Original

people need to stop dissing Slash just because Axl does it.

I'm surprised the current Guns fans like the AFD songs and UYI songs.... Since Slash apparently sucks so bad (in their opinion).

I love his guitar work on the GN'R albums, and some VR stuff I've heard is pretty cool to chill to. I don't know him personally, but what I've seen and heard about him from supposedly non-bias and stupid sources (e.g. media), he's a lying douche who loves himself and money very much.

What I've heard of him is that he's really humble and shy. I don't know about the money but my guess is that you're talking out of your ass.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised the current Guns fans like the AFD songs and UYI songs.... Since Slash apparently sucks so bad (in their opinion).

I love his guitar work on the GN'R albums, and some VR stuff I've heard is pretty cool to chill to. I don't know him personally, but what I've seen and heard about him from supposedly non-bias and stupid sources (e.g. media), he's a lying douche who loves himself and money very much.

That's not enough to consider someone a douche, most artists aren't honest to a fault anyway.

What I've heard of him is that he's really humble and shy. I don't know about the money but my guess is that you're talking out of your ass.

After the Todd Crew incident, I'll never trust that guy again. What kind of douche lies about things like that?

"Slash is a coward and is 100% full of shit"

-Jetboy

After the Todd Crew incident, I'll never trust that guy again. What kind of douche lies about things like that?

-Jetboy

Again how are you so sure of an incident that you have only read interviews about online and take one side as 100 percent factual? It seems silly to condemn one person with mere heresay but that is just me

-Jetboy

Again how are you so sure of an incident that you have only read interviews about online and take one side as 100 percent factual? It seems silly to condemn one person with mere heresay but that is just me

As time goes by it just becomes more and more apparent that Slash lies. Even his best friend Marc Canter agrees to that. It's a little more than here-say at this point. Remember the time he went around to Axl's house drunk, bad mouthing his bandmates? He lied about that too. Nothing means anything to this guy.

-Jetboy

As time goes by it just becomes more and more apparent that Slash lies. Even his best friend Marc Canter agrees to that. It's a little more than here-say at this point. Remember the time he went around to Axl's house drunk, bad mouthing his bandmates? He lied about that too. Nothing means anything to this guy.

But as far as the Todd situation Marc never commented on that. And on another forum Marc elaborated on what he said about Slash claiming is was really about "little white lies" to make himself look cool. And the whole Todd thing would be above and beyond "little white lies", and is still heresay since none of can really provide any proof besides one person against another, and I am not one to take both Jetboy or Slash's claims to be 100 percent factual. So all in all I don't get basing such strong emotions towards Slash based on this predicament.

It seems like Jet Boy had issues with Axl also. It seems they claim something about him that could not possibly be true. They actualy claim that if Axl did not get his way he was refusing to go on stage. Go figure :shrugs:

BringBackGlam.com: So after Todd died, you never had anything else do with GUNS N' ROSES?

Billy: After Todd was out of the band, they were headed toward their trouble. They wanted to fire Axl — several times — before they even did a record. We all had issues with singers (laughs). I kept up with Izzy (Stradlin, original rhythm guitar for GUNS N' ROSES) he's the guy who definitely started separating himself from the band…especially when they started to get success. I remember we got thrown out of a (GUNS N' ROSES) show in the Bay Area. [JETBOY] had just moved back to San Francisco…in like 1991 and we were pretty good buddies with SKID ROW. They were touring with GUNS N' ROSES. We went to hang out at the show and we were backstage…and here comes Axl walking by. Mickey said "Hey Axl, what's going on?" We kind of did have a make-up thing. They made a public apology at the Cathouse one night (in 1988), but we didn't hang out like we used to. They were blowing up so big they were always on the road. Ten minutes later, I saw some crew guy…go up to SKID ROW's guy and whisper in his ear and I just knew. That crew guy talked to Rachel (Bolan, SKID ROW bassist) and he was like "What?!" and he came over and said "Dude, you've all got to leave. Axl said he won't go on until JETBOY is out of the venue." I was like "You've got to be fucking kidding." He really just wanted us out of backstage. The funny thing is they had given us fifth row seats, so it was almost like a slap. "Get out there and watch what you ain't got." The next day I ran into Izzy on Haight Street…me, Mick and Rachel and my sister were all there shopping around. My sister was like "Hey, there's Izzy!" I was like, "Fuck that!" and I walked out the door, but before I could get out of the door, he started yelling my name. He said "Dude, I'm so sorry about yesterday. I had nothing to do with that. You know it's not me. If you want to come tonight, you can be my personal guest it's totally good…" Once that happened, I knew it was all Axl and it was all over Todd. He was never around. He was always in his own world. It was another drama situation for him to embellish and be a part of…to use his wackiness. I never understood that.

Source: Blabbermouth

Edited by sleeper

-Jetboy

Eh, he lies as much as Axl does. Whatever. All that matters is the music anyway.