What's your favorite incarnation of New GNR?

Randy Lahey

What's your favorite incarnation of New GNR? I'm a die hard fan of the 2002 band, and hearing the rest of their music is what keeps me around. I know they get some flack for their appearance, but at least it was unique. And it is not their fault that Axl didn't have his normal voice either. If he did they would be widely considered the greatest New GNR lineup ever assembled, along with the most talented.

Edited by Randy Lahey

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

The current one. At least it doesn't have Buckethead or Robin Finch. :vomit:

Edit: That being said, I wouldn't mind it if the rest of the band was replaced as well.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

There's really only the Finck/Bucket/Brain/Axl/Dizzy/Tommy/Pitman/Tobias/Fortus or the BBF/Fortus/Frank/Ashba/Axl/Tommy/Dizzy/Pitman line up (there's the 06 hybrid in between) and i like them both performance wise but the current line up has had a far better stretch + axl being in better shape tho until they release something as a unit, the jury is out, I bet a lot of the material still about from the old new guns is tough to beat.

The current one because they really seem to get along together well and it seems they have a lot of fun together on stage. There isn't one member I don't like or think should be replaced.

I prefer 2006 nuGnR as a whole, counting Axl back then. But leaving Axl out, I'd take this one too.

2002 lineup is just the best it was like a 3 ring circus but it was awesome while it lasted. that being said i like every lineup of gnr the second best post original lineup would be 2006

Was lucky enough to see the 2006 line up put on an incredible show with Izzy guesting on a few tracks, and it was always exciting hearing tracks like Better before the album was released. The 2002 line up has got to be my all time favourite version of GNR. Spending hours downloading tracks from the monitor mixes of those shows on a dial up connection was so worth it!

Was lucky enough to see the 2006 line up put on an incredible show with Izzy guesting on a few tracks, and it was always exciting hearing tracks like Better before the album was released. The 2002 line up has got to be my all time favourite version of GNR. Spending hours downloading tracks from the monitor mixes of those shows on a dial up connection was so worth it!

same way here lol downloading soundboard bootlegs on dialup i remember my ISP would disconnect my download if it went on for more than 30 minutes i kept trying to download the 2002 show from the mellon arena from pittsburgh so i had to find a software program that would save my download and restart it automatically while i slept lol

same way here lol downloading soundboard bootlegs on dialup i remember my ISP would disconnect my download if it went on for more than 30 minutes i kept trying to download the 2002 show from the mellon arena from pittsburgh so i had to find a software program that would save my download and restart it automatically while i slept lol

Haha the good old days! Think it took me around 2-3 hours to download The Blues. Think I had it on loop for 4 haha!

I saw the Bucket line up in 2002, wasn't convinced in terms of a live show. Never saw 2006. 2009 line up was great live, the best show. But the Bucket lineup made CD. There's something perfect about the 2002 line up musically.

Guest Gunns

2001 for Bucket and Finck, and 2006 for Bumblefoot and Finck, both worked well, unfortunately the band without Finck is what Damn_Smooth considers a "downgrade".

What's your favorite incarnation of New GNR? I'm a die hard fan of the 2002 band, and hearing the rest of their music is what keeps me around. I know they get some flack for their appearance, but at least it was unique. And it is not their fault that Axl didn't have his normal voice either. If he did they would be widely considered the greatest New GNR lineup ever assembled, along with the most talented.

2002 fav. robin finck. buckethead. tommy. brain