How do you meet the band?

Paulywauly

Hi, all these people meeting the band after the show, how do you do it where do you go?

If I were to go to the Birmingham gig tonight, how woul I meet them after?

I'm at the Manchester gig on Tuesday is there a good chance of meeting them there to?

Cheers

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Many people have been in contact with Bumblefoot and gotten backstage that way.

Don't really know other than that. Do Beta still help people to get backstage now when she's the manager? Perhaps contact Fernando. I don't know. I remember Fernando saying in the past that he always helped people to meet the band when they asked. But that was years ago.

Just find the exit round the back, and wait. It won't be hard to find as there will likely be all sorts of people coming and going to smoke outside. I met Dizzy outside last night within 10 min of the show ending.

Axl showed up at about 4am last night/this morning so be prepared for a wait, was worth it though!

It's really a hit or miss when waiting outside. I've seen Axl dodge past fans who have waited hours, with barely a nod or a wave. Then they're are other nights when he'll take a few minutes to be cordial, take pics and sign authographs. Totally depends.

It's really a hit or miss when waiting outside. I've seen Axl dodge past fans who have waited hours, with barely a nod or a wave. Then they're are other nights when he'll take a few minutes to be cordial, take pics and sign authographs. Totally depends.

I've heard the best way to meet Axl is to ask him about an AFD reunion. Works like a charm :thumbsup:

Just bring something to read, and a friend who's willing to hang with you for the night. Go with the hopes you'll get something signed.

Also, it doesn't hurt to find out what hotel they're staying in.

Very few people can, or like, playing the waiting game,because it is rolling dice. You'd have to figure out the times Axl's met with fans vs times he hasn't. A lot of people just go to the show and want to get home after, and that includes the band sometimes. Some bands are out of the venue before the audience is.

I had an after show pass for Hamilton, thats how I met Bumblefoot. I saw Tommy Stinson solo, and that's how I met him. Hanging out by the busses works for some bands, and not for others. I've met Anthrax by doing that a couple times, but its never worked for me for GN'R.

after the Atlantic City show, there was a aftershow party available to anyone with a ticket stub. Pretty much the whole band showed up, including Axl, who came very late and didn't stay long; I suppose I just got lucky. I kinda just wandered in when I saw the GNR sign outside. I was headed to Bally's lol.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

I don't think you'll ever meet Axl through 'getting backstage' or the VIP Passes. You'll meet everyone else though most likely.

Obviously after my experience I suggest you wait out back. I was talking to people last night who told me Birmingham is even better cos there is no where for the cars to sneak in. He was to come out of the building and walk past you!!

I was told Manchester has a fence/barrier up. Birmingham doesn't!

I am going on 31st yeah. I'm just gonna look around all the bars/restaurants hoping to see a band member.

Ahh, best of luck. Any tips from it would be appreciated for the June 1st gig ;)

You got it :thumbsup: