Set List

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

feel free to show me where i ever criticize someone who went to a show and didn't like it. who i criticize are people complaining about a show they didn't go to!

i'll save you guys the trouble . . . every show for the rest of the summer is going to be basically the same. if you think that is boring, now you can save yourself the trouble of reading about that shows and instead do other things like play a game, read a book, or have sex.

Says the guy who is posting in a thread totally dedicated to forum members opinions about the setlist. If people can praise shows and setlists that they do not attend, people sure as hell can criticize.

I think sex is out of the question.

my question is What kind of song could they do, a new song which would improve the set list. For me they have a strong squad of songs already. Just throwing in a novelty track for the sake of it won't make much difference. The have great openers, centerpieces, closers, interesting covers. Rockers, epics, ballads. What they haven't got is a funk jam. I suppose an instrumental that rocks like Moby Dick or Woodpecker From Mars is the only thing I can think of.

but i'm not the one claiming to be upset or bored by what i'm reading. i enjoy hearing people's thoughts on shows they attended and i will continue to read.

but some of you complain about how boring it is, YET CONTINUE TO READ.

huh?

if something is boring to me, i find something else to do.

is that unreasonable to you?

It doesn't seem unreasonable, not at all. However, some people like an avenue where they can express sentiments about certain aspects they do not like about the band. Doesn't mean they hate the band at all.

and i'm totally fine with people expressing in this thread that they are upset that two shows they didn't go to, on the same tour, had the same setlist.

and i hope you are fine with me expressing that i think those people are fucking retarded.

Lol obviously you would not be totally fine with people expressing their opinion if you have to express that their opinion is 'fucken retarded'.

But it's a free country man, do what you like.

Edited by Young_Gun

but i am totally fine with them expressing their opinion. if they didn't open their mouth, it wouldn't give me the chance to learn how fucking stupid they are.

Go for it.

You do realize you are being hypocritical right?

You complain about people complaining. That's rich. Maybe you should read a book? Maybe you should do something you enjoy instead of expressing your disdain for people expressing their disdain? I'm done here. Nothing else to say.

Edited by Young_Gun

my question is What kind of song could they do, a new song which would improve the set list. For me they have a strong squad of songs already. Just throwing in a novelty track for the sake of it won't make much difference. The have great openers, centerpieces, closers, interesting covers. Rockers, epics, ballads. What they haven't got is a funk jam. I suppose an instrumental that rocks like Moby Dick or Woodpecker From Mars is the only thing I can think of.

I could see You Could Be Mine /Pitman solo (Mix with Silkworms intro and Rhiad intro)/ Rhiad / Oh My God. It could be very futuristic.

And we need nice boys instead of Rosie. Classic.

Edited by tranconneuse

You do realize you are being hypocritical right?

You complain about people complaining. That's rich. Maybe you should read a book?

I complain about people who are not interested in a show cluttering up show threads.

I would have to clutter show threads I'm not interested in for me to be a hypocrite.

Do you know what words mean?

I have no problem with people complaining about shows they went to. I think it's stupid to complain about shows you DIDN'T go to.

I went to Nottingham, my umpteenth show. I took a friend who's barely a casual fan and she loved it, thought it was one of the best shows she'd seen. I was bored stupid. I only decided to go after they played Twat in Dublin and thought it might be in the set for the tour. Had they played it I would have lost it and gone home happy. I am absolutely SICK of going to shows in the last 10 years all over the world and hearing Jungle, Easy, Brownstone in that order.

Yes, some bands at this level like Maiden and AC/DC stick to a very rigid set for the whole tour. Other people like Springsteen and Prince will play 150+ songs over the course of a tour.

In the last 10 years of New Guns, Maiden have done umpteen tours and whilst the set of each tour is fairly static it is entirely different from that of any other tour. It might be a tour in support of any of the 4 new albums they've put out since 2000 or it might be a retro-tour playing material from an era 3 decades ago that wont be played ever again.

The Stones play a stadium, arena and theater in each city and play a radically different set for each.

Axl doesn't give a fuck about killing the momentum of a show so I don't know why he refuses to chuck in the odd rarity in each show.

i know EXACTLY what "hypocrite" means and you have not presented ANY reasonable argument explaining how my behavior is hypocritical.

care to try again?

Clearly you do not. You complain about people complaining. That is a hypocrite. We no longer clutter up show threads, that is what this thread is for. The thread you keep posting in. Genius.

Edited by Young_Gun

You complain about people complaining. That is a hypocrite.

There is a big difference between disagreeing with somebody's specific complaint and disagreeing with the concept of complaining.

I'm not saying I'm against complaining. I'm saying complaining about a show you didn't go to is fucking stupid.

If somebody went to the show, I am COMPLETELY IN FAVOR of them complaining if they didn't enjoy the show.

So complaining about somebody complaining is not hypocritical.

I've enjoyed your failed attempt to be clever though.

I enjoyed your failed attempt to defend yourself and twist definitions. Anyway, peace.

Edited by Young_Gun

I have not twisted the definition of anything. If I had, you wouldn't be in such a rush to end the conversation. It would only be hypocritical for me to criticize those that complain about shows they didn't attend if I myself had done the same thing.

Your premise is that by criticizing someone's criticism, I am a hypocrite because I myself am criticizing as well.

But that would only make sense if my criticism was that people should not criticize.

That's not what I am saying at all. I'm simply pointing out how a specific criticism is fucking stupid.

Deep down, you know this is true, which is why you've been in such a rush all along to leave the conversation.

You should be a man and admit that you falsely accused me of being a hypocrite. That would be the honorable thing to do.

You should first be a man and admit you tried extorting the band you now defend....

Oh, so you can praise a setlist to a show you didn't attend but people can't criticize a show they didn't attend? And you have stated before that people who dislike the setlist should not voice their opinion. Case in point:

View PostYoung_Gun, on 27 May 2012 - 09:10 PM, said:

for the peeps who can't go to a show, what else is there to talk about besides the setlist...

MSL

nothing. so find something else to do until the tour is over later this year.

Source

Halfway down.

So you are not JUST disagreeing. Hypocrite.

Edited by Young_Gun

I could see You Could Be Mine /Pitman solo (Mix with Silkworms intro and Rhiad intro)/ Rhiad / Oh My God. It could be very futuristic.

And we need nice boys instead of Rosie. Classic.

Move to the City would be fun in the encore but I love the irony of Rosie.

It's true they are yet to get a really nu metal rocker into the set. Shacklers or Scraped could but some how it's needs to have the dynamics of GNR.

So I think TWAT meets Oh My God needs to be looked by Ron and Pitman. Long order cooks! I'll have the imported Japanese caviar and the Han solo prime rib. To go!

Just because someone isn't at one particular concert doesn't mean they haven't been to another

Hahahahahah . . . so why would I want to read their thoughts on the show they DIDN'T go to instead of the one they DID go to?!?!?!?

Then don't read it.

Why would you want to argue with people you think are 'fucking retards' either? Do you normally fight with mentally disabled people? Does calling complete strangers on the internet "retards" some sort of ego stroke? Make you feel superior? ahahahaha - What you fail to realize is this: No one is here looking for your acceptance, agreement or admiration. People will continue to express their opinion, even if different from yours, despite what you or anyone else thinks about them. The fact that you are having a difficult time grasping that concept sorta make you look like the reatrded one.

Just because someone isn't at one particular concert doesn't mean they haven't been to another

Hahahahahah . . . so why would I want to read their thoughts on the show they DIDN'T go to instead of the one they DID go to?!?!?!?

Then don't read it.

Why would you want to argue with people you think are 'fucking retards' either? Do you normally fight with mentally disabled people? Does calling complete strangers on the internet "retards" some sort of ego stroke? Make you feel superior? ahahahaha - What you fail to realize is this: No one is here looking for your acceptance, agreement or admiration. People will continue to express their opinion, even if different from yours, despite what you or anyone else thinks about them. The fact that you are having a difficult time grasping that concept sorta make you look like the reatrded one.

BOOM! Spot on.

Does calling complete strangers on the internet "retards" some sort of ego stroke?

Well I'm sure he's on the verge of some form of stroke. :shocked:

Lollllllllllll!

Does calling complete strangers on the internet "retards" some sort of ego stroke?

Lollllllllllll!

I'm sorry, I really am, but they write themselves sometimes don't you think? :lol:

Edited by Dazey

Lollllllllllll!

I'm sorry, I really am, but they write themselves sometimes don't you think? :lol:

Indeed :)

MSl used to be a really good poster - very intelligent and thoughtful. But the last six months or so he's turned into a complete douchebag. He can't just disagree or debate somebody, now he always has to insult anybody who doesn't agree with him, and insults anybody who isn't worshipping Axl and company. His attitude has really changed on here, which is a shame. Because like I said, he used to be a pretty good poster. Now he is more interested in insulting people rather than debating the topic.

MSl used to be a really good poster - very intelligent and thoughtful. But the last six months or so he's turned into a complete douchebag. He can't just disagree or debate somebody, now he always has to insult anybody who doesn't agree with him, and insults anybody who isn't worshipping Axl and company. His attitude has really changed on here, which is a shame. Because like I said, he used to be a pretty good poster. Now he is more interested in insulting people rather than debating the topic.

The guy's a tool, end of! :)

That is what happens when a band bends you over and goes in dry.

That is what happens when a band bends you over and goes in dry.

So that's what Jarmo's been on tour with the band for...

CoolFace.png