Guns N' Roses current management

shotgunblues1978

GNR management failed that the most important task. That was to get Axl to the HOF.

Why was that so important?

think about it...ponder it a bit...it will come. The world loves Guns and Fucking Roses....this new band is ...who the fuck is this new band??

I have no problems accepting that many wanted to see Axl accept the honor together with some ex-members from Guns N' Roses, I was one of them, but I find it hard to understand that people were more interested in a fleeting moment of those guys being on stage together rather than getting new music from Guns N' Roses, live concerts with Guns N' Roses, and all those other tasks the management could work on. It really is bizarre prioritizing.

life is about choices. someone ask "who is this new band?" my fav chinese democracy band is axl rose, robin finck, buckethead, tommy stinson, and brain. but i respect what dj ashba, bumblefoot, and frank ferrer have been doing lately on the 3 hour shows. that said, if i had a choice between new music or reunion...i would choose new music from the current guns n roses band. slash said not even "millions" of dollars would get him to reunite with axl. the same theory applies for duff, izzy, steve adler, and matt sorum. they're reunion was the HOF. they had their moment in the sun. steve adler had his time in the sun in cleveland too. a sober and happy adler at HOF. they had their time. it's time for nu music from guns n roses at live shows

Edited by finck6

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

life is about choices. someone ask "who is this new band?" my fav chinese democracy band is axl rose, robin finck, buckethead, tommy stinson, and brain. but i respect what dj ashba, bumblefoot, and frank ferrer have been doing lately on the 3 hour shows. that said, if i had a choice between new music or reunion...

We're not talking about a reunion, we're talking about attend the HOF ceremony.

So whay you're saying is that numerous artists in the industry who have not defended Axl publicly, have instead chosen to discuss these matters with you in private? I see.

Since you are apparently so well versed in law, you no doubt understand what heresay is, and do realize your comments hold absolutely no weight in these discussions whatsoever. Yet you you constantly remind all the "retards" on the forum how you deal in facts. hmmm...This is all quite interesting.

What reason would there be for most artists to discuss their views of their contemporaries publicly? Let alone publicly discuss how poor many of their choices were by comparison? When I get introduced to people by friends, it's not uncommon for them to make a joke or reference to my involvement in the past with GNR drama, so I often end up in unexpected conversations about Axl and/or the band. Just because something is hearsay doesn't mean it's not a fact.

Why wouldn't they openly support a fellow artist? If they have so much admiration for Axl and how he's handled his career, I don't see why a positive show of support would be a bad thing. Certainly it doesn't have to necessarily be a reflection of thier own poor judgements and decision making. Piers Morgan for example didn't seem threatened by backing Axl's HOF decision, and certiainly he has made some sketchy career choices in his past. Marc Cantor has stated he defends Axl primarily because not many people do. I've heard public statements from many artists (Ozzy, Bon Jovi, Brian Johnson are just a few off the top of my head) who have made condescending or negative comments towards Axl. I don't get your reasoning that the many who support him wouldn't be able to say something positive, and instead choose to tell you instead.

It's not a fact if you can't back up what you're saying. There's no overwhelming evidence to prove that so many of his peers in the industry agree with what Axl has done. In fact, evidence points to just the opposite view.

And what I remind the retards of is that I don't argue about opinions. People can like whatever they want. Arguing about opinions is fucking stupid.

But you do argue about opinions. And you argue that the people who have them are "retarded", which of course is nothing more than just another opinion. If you don't want to argue opinions, then I don't understand why you would even address them, or offer your own for that matter.

And I see you completely ignored my question again, which of course you have every right to do. But since you have been unable to establish that Axl is "far richer" than Slash, I would expect you won't bring the subject up again unless you can back it up.

So did Finck leave because Axl was skint or because he was richer than Slash?

Robin probably left because there was nothing going on between the off years after 2007 to late 2009. Either that or he had a falling out with Axl.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

life is about choices. someone ask "who is this new band?" my fav chinese democracy band is axl rose, robin finck, buckethead, tommy stinson, and brain. but i respect what dj ashba, bumblefoot, and frank ferrer have been doing lately on the 3 hour shows. that said, if i had a choice between new music or reunion...

We're not talking about a reunion, we're talking about attend the HOF ceremony.

okay. from axl's HOF letters i get the impression axl felt pressure from the appetite boys and media types for a reunion. a big reason why axl, izzy, and dizzy didn't attend the hall. but after watching the HOF on HBO...i get another impression. the impression i get is what actually happened at the HOF with slash, duff, steven adler, gilby clarke, matt sorum, miles kennedy, and green day didn't jive with axl's HOF letters. it was a celebration of guns n roses careers and music at the HOF. didn't feel like something else which axl's HOF letters was implying it would be if axl had been there

Voodoo -

Source for what? Artists being envious of the position Axl is in? Well, I've heard it from numerous artists myself, not to mention heard plenty of stories of guys bitching about how their careers turned out and listing Axl's position as an outcome they would have greatly preferred.

So its hardly a fact. You said you heard from numerous artists, but I don't think you're a actually good source (you have quite a history on bullshitting) and you don't want/can't provide actual quotes or sources other than what you say you heard. Fact checking is a common knowledge in journalism, as you should know. I still don't know how many, which ones and how relevant the artists are.

As for blackmail. Let's say I had legally obtained nude photos of you. It would be perfectly legal for me to release them. It would NOT be legal for me to say to you, I'm going to release them unless you pay me not to. If I'd heard a rumor that you were going to release them yourself, it would be perfectly legal for me to let people know that I'd heard you might be releasing nude photos on a certain day, but that if you didn't, I would just go ahead and do it. That's not blackmail. Not even close. You have no idea what you're talking about.

No, YOU have no idea what you're talking about. Blackmailing isn't just about asking for money, like I said in that other thread. Also, your example doesn't make any sense - first, the only way you could legally obtain such a thing is if I gave them to you.

Let's get straight: how in the hell would documents (like payroll, letters, conversations and plans) and even song titles (still in development and not revealed by the original source) clearly intended to be private could be "legally obtained"? And how a threat to reveal all of this "if the band didn't" would be legally described as nothing other than coercitive demanding and blackmailing? It's the same thing as saying you're gonna leak songs if the next album is not released by tomorrow. You're releasing something clearly against the owner's will (otherwise, they would release it as planned) and that's a fact.

Look, I'm not going to defend all of my behavior over the years. I did a lot of things I wouldn't do again or wish I hadn't done. BUT, I consulted with my attorney before all of my GNR stunts and was always only solid legal footing, even if at times I was on shaky moral or ethical footing. I can't change the past, nor do I care to. I don't look backwards in life. GNR is still my favorite band regardless of attempts to put me in jail by their label. I do not care about outside factors. I don't care if Axl wears the same t-shirt every show. I don't care what kind of hat DJ wears.

I care about listening to the records and going to the concerts that are played in Florida. I enjoy discussing GNR with other fans, but many of the subjects that consume you guys are subjects that I find to be quite silly. Nothing influences my enjoyment of a record or concert beyond the actual record and concert. I don't take things personally. I do not give a fuck if Axl cares about me. I don't care if any artist I enjoy cares about me. I don't care about their personal life. I don't care about anything other than the music.

Don't know what all of this is about and I don't care.

• 1 year later...