What role does Jarmo have in Guns N Roses

spunko12345

He seems to be very much part of the Guns N Roses inner circle now, he appears in a high percentage photos of the band in an informal setting and I wondered if he has an official title.

I have my own opinions of the man based on my experiences of his fan forum but I wont get into that here as Im interested in his role in GNR more than my own personal opinion. What do you guys think his involvement in GNR is?

Its unusual for an apparently average joe to be able to afford to tour the world with a rock band for months unless he is employed by them. And its on every tour.

Imagine starting a fan board and then becoming a fully paid up cheerleader as part of the entourage.

What exactly does this guy do?

he isn't paid.

Really? Must be nice to have that much free time and cash to tour all over the world and party with a rock band. All those hotels, flights, meals, entrance to the shows. Its taking the concept of being a fan to an extreme level.

He must be paid by the band, and I've seen him at every show and I think he's more involved than a lot know. I tend to think of him as the gateway between the forums and the band he could easily quash any rumours. He'll certainly knows a lot more behind the scenes that any of us. It's a dream come true to any fan so more power to him.

I've wondered for a while now who this guy is and why he generally gets hated so much. Someone explain pl0x?

I think people resent the way he runs his site. Also, I think there is some jealousy towards him too. The hatred is silly, though. If you don't agree with how he runs his forum, don't go there. You lose nothing by doing that as there are plenty of other free GN'R forums and his is free as well. The minute you stop posting there is the minute how he chooses to run his site ceases to affect you.

Ali

Not sure if it's relevent GNR news - yes, I see the connection you're trying to make.

Guys, please do not have mindless jabs at Jarmo from this forum, as a platform. We do not promote forum wars at any level. I've cleaned a couple of abusive posts up but given the first point I made, if it escaltes into further abuse I'll have no option but to pull it. He's always been really cool with me and he deserves the same respect back.

Thank You.

I've wondered for a while now who this guy is and why he generally gets hated so much. Someone explain pl0x?

Here Today Gone To Hell had roughly the same amount of users that MyGNR did back in 2005 or so.

Something happened where Jarmo wasn't able to pay for the site's web hosting, and the band stepped in and had their label fund Here Today Gone To Hell's server costs/webhosting.

Around the same time, Jarmo started to delete/censor threads and posts that had *ANY* inkling of being against Axl's thought process. Want to talk about Slash? Banned.

It got really bad to the point where most of the posters fled either to MyGNR or other forums.

Jarmo sold out to get "in" with the band. In return, the band had a forum they could control. Well, at least until everyone left.

Here Today Gone To Hell had roughly the same amount of users that MyGNR did back in 2005 or so.

Something happened where Jarmo wasn't able to pay for the site's web hosting, and the band stepped in and had their label fund Here Today Gone To Hell's server costs/webhosting.

Around the same time, Jarmo started to delete/censor threads and posts that had *ANY* inkling of being against Axl's thought process. Want to talk about Slash? Banned.

It got really bad to the point where most of the posters fled either to MyGNR or other forums.

Jarmo sold out to get "in" with the band. In return, the band had a forum they could control. Well, at least until everyone left.

yeah pretty much this, if you go into HTGTH there is nothing but tumbleweeds

I didnt intend to make an anti Jarmo thread I just think if he is now effectively a member of Guns N Roses touring party I think its a legitimate topic to try and find out what his role is. Just like the thread about GNR's new management is allowed.

I still dont know what he does, I mean could there be a situation where Ashba and Jarmo are in a hotel room late at night shooting the shit and next thing you know the title credits for a song on the next album read Rose, Ashba, Luukkonen

he obviously isn't buying tickets to get into the shows and i wouldn't be shocked if he travels with the band or gets comp'd a place to stay, but he isn't being paid and does not work for the band. he's just a big fan that is friends with the band. u mad bro?

But what does he do? Surely GNR management don't let all their friends get in for free and stay with them just for being friends.

In return for all the freebies what is his role to the band? If you don't know thats ok.

he obviously isn't buying tickets to get into the shows and i wouldn't be shocked if he travels with the band or gets comp'd a place to stay, but he isn't being paid and does not work for the band. he's just a big fan that is friends with the band. u mad bro?

Just want a source for you to back up your claims to understand that as a fact.

I think he's supported because he provides an alternative universe where Axl's plans receive full support. When Axl provided the follow up letter after the RRHOF where he thanked the fans for the "overwhelming positive response", I could think of no other place that would have provided that.

I mean if HTGTH didn't exist, where would one go to get pure support for Axl's vision?

He's the photographer along with Katrina and yes he does travel and stay with the band as I've seen him leave on the tour buses. He's more GNR crew than someone who clings on. Look of him more as a guy who updates his forum from within the GNR camp, than a moderator getting lucky for a few shows. I've seen Axl joke around on stage with him so obviously they are on good terms. Perhaps a job was created for him so he can tour with them?

In return for all the freebies what is his role to the band?

It basically gives them a propaganda site.

Think of it as the government run newspaper/tv station in North Korea. Diseent is not tolerated, and there is no tolerance for the truth or anything that conflicts with the dear leader's (Axl in this case) opinions or ideas.

In return for giving them total editorial control of his website he gets free comps and perks to any and all GNR shows he wishes to attend. It is not a bad gig if you can get it.

He's the photographer along with Katrina and yes he does travel and stay with the band as I've seen him leave on the tour buses. He's more GNR crew than someone who clings on. Look of him more as a guy who updates his forum from within the GNR camp, than a moderator getting lucky for a few shows. I've seen Axl joke around on stage with him so obviously they are on good terms. Perhaps a job was created for him so he can tour with them?

Marc Canter said this in a recent interview about their longtime photographer Robert John:

http://www.legendaryrockinterviews.com/2012/04/22/legendary-rock-interview-with-guns-n-roses-insider-and-author-marc-canter/

Not only that but now there were FOUR devils many of the figures in my book that help tell the story became devils to Axl, Tom Zutaut, Vicky Hamilton their old manager who allegedly said something about Axl in the press, Robert John, their longtime photographer who apparently had some altercation and was now off limits with Axl regardless of the fact that they were all there and all important parties in the story who really had nothing but good things to say.

So Axl replaced Robert John with Jarmo?

Fucking lol

I wonder what Robert John did to piss Axl off.

This is actually an interesting thread, I'm kind of curious about it myself. As was mentioned there is no need for bashing, that site became unreadable but jarmo's got a pretty cool gig now, seems like he travels with the band to every show.

For those that don't know, Axl mentioned Jarmo onstage once (think it was 02 or 03), and he was also thanked in the CD liner notes.

Anyone remember what Axl said?

So Axl replaced Robert John with Jarmo?

Fucking lol

That is the way it is in GNR.

He fired Azoff/McGee so the house keeper could run the band.

Axl values loyalty over competence and accomplishment/abilty in his employees.

For those that don't know, Axl mentioned Jarmo onstage once (think it was 02 or 03), and he was also thanked in the CD liner notes.

Anyone remember what Axl said?

http://www.gnrontour.com/setlistalm02.htm

08.24.02 - Pukkelpop Festival, Pukkelpop Field, Hasselt-Kiewit, Belgium

After 'Mr. Brownstone,' Axl questions the crowd, "Hey is uh... I don't know if I... I say it right. Do you pronounce the 'J'? How about 'Here today, gone to Belgium' for Jarmo!"