What role does Jarmo have in Guns N Roses

spunko12345

In return for all the freebies what is his role to the band?

It basically gives them a propaganda site.

Think of it as the government run newspaper/tv station in North Korea. Diseent is not tolerated, and there is no tolerance for the truth or anything that conflicts with the dear leader's (Axl in this case) opinions or ideas.

In return for giving them total editorial control of his website he gets free comps and perks to any and all GNR shows he wishes to attend. It is not a bad gig if you can get it.

Wait, I'm confused. Are you talking about Jarmo/HTGTH or Gunsguy when he was power tripping on here??

I'm not going to read through the 4 pages of this thread, and my opinion has more than likely been covered, but Jarmo kissed ass to get where he is. That is the only explanation for it. At the expense of his pathetic forum, he weasled his nerdy way in to the inner circle.

I can't say that I know what I would do if I was a tiny little dork that was put in that situation, but as a man, I can say that I wouldn't rob the people of their voice just so I could hang with Axl and friends. It just goes against my moral fiber.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

Cool thread as I don't remember seeing anyone actually ask the question before.

Interesting to read. I'd always thought he was a trust-fund type whose website wound up getting him contact with the band. I never knew until the last few tours that he was in the support group/crew. He's pretty hardcore on his site, but I really like the fact that if you see something there, it's kinda like a confirmation for shows and whatnot.

Like so many have already said, tons of people on these forums would like to be in his spot.

Not sure if it's relevent GNR news - yes, I see the connection you're trying to make.

Guys, please do not have mindless jabs at Jarmo from this forum, as a platform. We do not promote forum wars at any level. I've cleaned a couple of abusive posts up but given the first point I made, if it escaltes into further abuse I'll have no option but to pull it. He's always been really cool with me and he deserves the same respect back.

Thank You.

For the safety of my historic mygnr account, I shall not comment. Thank you.

/SOB

I fucking lol'd. :lol: Not a pot-shot I literally laughed.

that's a mighty large signature image ya got there, kid!

i'm on moderatin' duty! makin' the 'rounds! make that thing smaller! :drevil:

Hey congrats on the modship! :)

Not sure if it's relevent GNR news - yes, I see the connection you're trying to make.

Guys, please do not have mindless jabs at Jarmo from this forum, as a platform. We do not promote forum wars at any level. I've cleaned a couple of abusive posts up but given the first point I made, if it escaltes into further abuse I'll have no option but to pull it. He's always been really cool with me and he deserves the same respect back.

Thank You.

supported !

Hey, it could be worse. At least Axl is totally cool with the bootlegs and photos. And he hasn't tried censoring any other forums.

Prince has systematically gutted his online presence: he hasn't had a serious official site for years and the few unofficial ones left have been seriously threatened just for posting pics, nevermind bootlegs.

I think that because HTGTH was the site used by the media all over the world (so much stuff i've read has been robbed from there including members posts, verbatim) Axl wanted it to be more positive. If the main source of GNR news for the media shows all the fans calling Axl a cunt it doesn't help him much.

Again guys, please read Subs' post on the first page. No cheap shots at Jarmo please.

Some of you have short memories - his connections were what set up the forum presales for shows back in the day and he made sure they were available to everyone, not just HTGTH members.

Again guys, please read Subs' post on the first page. No cheap shots at Jarmo please.

Some of you have short memories - his connections were what set up the forum presales for shows back in the day and he made sure they were available to everyone, not just HTGTH members.

If it was somebody that didn't run another forum they would be fair game, but alas there is a worry about forum wars.

We need a chick to go give him a good time and try and get some leaks from jarmo, he could possibly still be a virgin :rofl-lol:

Anybody who has "Axl Rose is a friend" in his locker is not a virgin! ;)

I lurked religiously at HTGTH from about 1999, for quite a few years i guess.

It’s an old story now, but he basically ran his site into the ground to remain close to Axl’s inner circle. In return Axl got what looks to many fans like another avenue for affirmation, but it’s debatable whether more yes-men are really what GnR needs. God knows, there are enough biographies now to tell anyone that those sorts of friends helped poison relationships in the original band.

I quit visiting HTGTH around 2007 and haven’t been over there in years now. The fact is, the brutal censorship just makes it a tedious place to be.

I never had any direct interaction with Jarmo and have no beef with him, but as a GnR fan I do think that deliberately maneuvering to undermine Slash’s legacy and orchestrating a sustained effort to cast him in the worst possible light was a poor choice. It just made him, and more importantly the folks he got close to, look like they were so full of spite. Where does that get anybody?

Thank You.

For the safety of my historic mygnr account, I shall not comment. Thank you.

/SOB

I fucking lol'd. :lol: Not a pot-shot I literally laughed.

that's a mighty large signature image ya got there, kid!

i'm on moderatin' duty! makin' the 'rounds! make that thing smaller! :drevil:

It doesn't show up on my end but I'll get rid of it.

I have nothing negative to say about Jarmo, and although I don't spend time on HTGTH because of its strictly supportive view of everything GN'R, I acknowledge how important that forum has been in maintaining a dedicated Internet fan community and I have respect for all the work Jarmo has spent for GN'R and for us. I hope he is happy with how things have worked out.

Jarmo is one lucky moth fucka, running a GnR board for a living and being friends with Axl & his entourage. Truth is as simple as that.

That is not the truth though. Read my post a couple of pages ago. As of 2010, his living did not derive from running HTGTH. That might have changed (though I doubt it, not sure why the band would support a forum that few people visit nowadays). I'm not a fan of how he operates his forum but it is his forum and he can do whatever he likes.

If you weren't part of the fan forums between 2000 and 2006, you have no idea the contributions Jarmo made in fostering a community where people could discuss GNR. Like I said, I disagree with the narrow range of conversation he allows over there, but has come through for the GNR community more than anyone else who posts here.

Anyone here who has arranged pre-sales, helped other fans get back stage, or helped shoot down rumors? Didn't think so and hence is not in any position to put the guy down.

Cheers,

Andrew

Edited by downzy

Actually that may not be true. I would ask CD.com how cooperative he was.

If it was somebody that didn't run another forum they would be fair game, but alas there is a worry about forum wars.

wouldnt be much of a war they dont have that many soldiers :tongue2:

Edited by bran

Jarmo gets a lot of shit and probably with good reason but how many people on here can say in all honestly that you wouldn't grab your ankles and bite your lip if it meant travelling the world as part of the GnR inner circle?