What role does Jarmo have in Guns N Roses

spunko12345

Jarmo gets a lot of shit and probably with good reason but how many people on here can say in all honestly that you wouldn't grab your ankles and bite your lip if it meant travelling the world as part of the GnR inner circle?

I can.

Jarmo gets a lot of shit and probably with good reason but how many people on here can say in all honestly that you wouldn't grab your ankles and bite your lip if it meant travelling the world as part of the GnR inner circle?

I still haven't heard any good reasons for dissing Jarmo, could someone write a summary?

As to bending over, nope, I have no wish to travel around with that band. Besides, I think GN'R fan sites should be completely independent ;)

I can.

You're a better man than I in that case! :lol:

I still haven't heard any good reasons for dissing Jarmo, could someone write a summary?

I got a life ban from HTGTH for saying Axl was in the wrong over the Reading Festival debacle. That good enough? :shrugs:

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I was told he handles the aftershow? Passes & so on. Wouldn't be surprising if he ran character info searches to establish the basic motivations of someone on the list. I'm guessing Team Brazil regularly invite him to tour with GN'R in order to maintain a control over his social media; which does reach out to a lot.

Honest question: What else does Jarmo control in regards to the internet and social media? I mean shit, if it's just HTGTH than the dude is some lucky because no one fucking goes there because he's a Nazi and shoots down everyone in every post he makes.

It wasn't always that way. When they co-opted him and implemented the gestapo tactics that site was neck and neck with this one in terms of size if I am not mistaken.

It has shrunk from then, but at that point he was already in so they didn't care.

Cool thread as I don't remember seeing anyone actually ask the question before.

Interesting to read. I'd always thought he was a trust-fund type whose website wound up getting him contact with the band. I never knew until the last few tours that he was in the support group/crew. He's pretty hardcore on his site, but I really like the fact that if you see something there, it's kinda like a confirmation for shows and whatnot.

Like so many have already said, tons of people on these forums would like to be in his spot.

Would they really though? If you can't be in someone's inner circle unless you agree with everything they do, is it worth it? Sometimes it's better to admire one of your favorite artist's from afar.

I was told he handles the aftershow? Passes & so on. Wouldn't be surprising if he ran character info searches to establish the basic motivations of someone on the list. I'm guessing Team Brazil regularly invite him to tour with GN'R in order to maintain a control over his social media; which does reach out to a lot.

There was a pic on twitter during USA tour of him organising the VIP passes....

I got a life ban from HTGTH for saying Axl was in the wrong over the Reading Festival debacle.

How did you know Axl was in the wrong?

Was that the gig they turned the power off on him for passing curfew?

If it was, how could it be anyone elses fault but his?

If he knows he has to be off stage by 11 because of curfew (and from what we heard after it was made crystal clear before hand) then going on stage late means that the show is going to necessarily be short. Feigning disgust at enforcing the curfew as if it came out of no where is kind of ridiculous. If he wanted to play the full show, he should have got on stage on time in order to make it happen.

If I want to play an 18 hole round of golf, but drag my feet and don't tee off until 8 PM even though the tee box was open well before that, is it anyone's fault but my own I can't get the round in because of darkness? If I knew what time it gets dark, and don't tee-off accordingly, then there is no way to finish before it gets dark. There would be no one to blame but myself.

The band knew about the curfew and didn't take the stage in time to finish the show. How could it be anyone but Axl in the wrong?

• Like 1

Jarmo doesn't deserve ridicule that he gets. He was running a good GNR site and Axl recognized it. He does his thing, we do our thing. If he is getting paid, that is his own business, not ours. We have no right to question a young gentleman that is a super fan that somehow can find a way to travel the world and be able to attend lots of GNR concerts and defend the Band at almost every hour in every time zone in the world on his forum. For all we know is that he inherited a lot of money or is a lottery winner.

Some prefer to swim in the safe waters of Jarmo and Others like to inhabit a huge trash-can called the internet and pretend it is the wild west.

What I am trying to say is don't hate the player, hate the game.

Edited by Billy B

I got a life ban from HTGTH for saying Axl was in the wrong over the Reading Festival debacle.

How did you know Axl was in the wrong?

Was that the gig they turned the power off on him for passing curfew?

If it was, how could it be anyone elses fault but his?

If he knows he has to be off stage by 11 because of curfew (and from what we heard after it was made crystal clear before hand) then going on stage late means that the show is going to necessarily be short. Feigning disgust at enforcing the curfew as if it came out of no where is kind of ridiculous. If he wanted to play the full show, he should have got on stage on time in order to make it happen.

If I want to play an 18 hole round of golf, but drag my feet and don't tee off until 8 PM even though the tee box was open well before that, is it anyone's fault but my own I can't get the round in because of darkness? If I knew what time it gets dark, and don't tee-off accordingly, then there is no way to finish before it gets dark. There would be no one to blame but myself.

The band knew about the curfew and didn't take the stage in time to finish the show. How could it be anyone but Axl in the wrong?

Dude, don't you know that nothing is ever Axl's fault, and that he has never been wrong???

I don't like Jarmo because of a couple interactions I had with him in the past. He seemed like a prick to me.

But it is his website and he can run it however he wants. And he has chosen to make it a place to share positive stories about the band. It isn't a forum, as you aren't allowed to exchange ideas.

And stop with all this jealous talk. Would it be cool to hang out with the band on your? Sure. Would I sell my dignity and respect to do so? Not in a million years. But more power to whomever wants to be a yes man, as an adult, to another adult, just so u can hang out with him.

I must say I've never liked the man. He is ridiculous in the way he runs his site. I left there due to the overwhelming censorship. He simply

doesn't deserve to be "in" with the band. But I do think him & Axl deserve each other. They both have a deep hatred of the orginal GN'R.

For all we know is that he inherited a lot of money or is a lottery winner.

Pretty sure the Belgium lotto jackpot doesn't go above $50 and a year's supply of sausage.

Jarmo pronounced Yarrr-moe, isnt from belgium. He is a born finlander later transplasted to Sweden.

Jarmo's a hard core fan like so many of us. The difference is he took the initiative in the mid/late 90s to establish a GN'R presence on-line when most people didn't give a shit, GN'R was "uncool" and virtually dormant. He's been rewarded for those efforts and rightly so in my eyes...

Finally- if the guy was a total loser- Axl probably would have thanked him for his efforts and then told Beta to "lose" his phone number. The fact that several years later he's still in the extended entourage and hanging out with Dizzy and Dj, etc. demonstrates to me that he must be a fairly chill dude in person...

For all we know is that he inherited a lot of money or is a lottery winner.

Pretty sure the Belgium lotto jackpot doesn't go above $50 and a year's supply of sausage.

Jarmo pronounced Yarrr-moe, isnt from belgium. He is a born finlander later transplasted to Sweden.

Pretty sure the Swedish lotto doesn't go above $25 and a year's supply of meatballs.

He ran a great site right up until the Hammerstein shows of 06. I still have to give the man props for all the GNR articles he's got up on his site. I personally spent hours reading all the articles on there. It's funny, because I actually found mygnr to be too tabloid back then, but then I ended up here after Jarmo changed the format of his forum.

Edited by Randy Lahey

He ran a great site right up until the Hammerstein shows of 06. I still have to give the man props for all the GNR articles he's got up on his site. I personally spent hours reading all the articles on there. It's funny, because I actually found mygnr to be too tabloid back then, but then I ended up here after Jarmo changed the format of his forum.

Yup, pretty much this.

I still have to give the man props for all the GNR articles he's got up on his site. I personally spent hours reading all the articles on there.

A good point to make:

Notice how all the articles on his site include interviews with ex-members up until 2005:

http://htgth.com/articles/index.php

After the Steven Adler interview he posted in April 2005, absolutely nothing about the ex-members or Velvet Revolver.

So that's a good indication as to when exactly Jarmo sold out.

Edited by Freddie Mercury's Ghost

I got a life ban from HTGTH for saying Axl was in the wrong over the Reading Festival debacle. That good enough? :shrugs:

I can't really fault him for running his forum the way he wants to. It's not like he has some obligation to us or that he owes us anything. If he wants to drive away members by having strict rules that he enforces with banning, then that is up to him. The result is that I stay away from that forum, not that I criticise him.

I still have to give the man props for all the GNR articles he's got up on his site. I personally spent hours reading all the articles on there.

A good point to make:

Notice how all the articles on his site include interviews with ex-members up until 2005:

http://htgth.com/articles/index.php

After the Steven Adler interview he posted in April 2005, absolutely nothing about the ex-members or Velvet Revolver.

So that's a good indication as to when exactly Jarmo sold out.

If his site is about Guns N' Roses and Guns N' Roses only, why should he post interviews with ex-members who are not part of GN'R anymore? I do make an effort to follow ex-members and their projects on my own site, but I can understand why a Guns N' Roses fan site would be exclusively for information on Guns N' Roses.

But I guess the problem is not the way he runs his site now, but the fact that people feel he changed things to accommodate Axl Rose. He "sold out". And if you were a member prior to this change and it happened without members being informed of the changes in guidelines, then I understand why ex-members would now feel scorned.