What role does Jarmo have in Guns N Roses

spunko12345

I got a life ban from HTGTH for saying Axl was in the wrong over the Reading Festival debacle.

How did you know Axl was in the wrong?

See this is why nobody takes you seriously anymore. The promotor made a point of saying that he wasn't willing to put his licence at risk with late start and finish and he made it clear the show couldn't go past curfew if Axl was late. Well what do you know, he was late as usual and the plug was pulled on the show which screwed the people who were there to see GnR out of the full show they were there to see. Now if this was a one off then I might be inclined to draw other conclusions but you know as well as I do that Axl has a habit of doing this so yes, I think it's pretty safe to conclude that he was in the wrong.

I still haven't heard any good reasons for dissing Jarmo, could someone write a summary?

I got a life ban from HTGTH for saying Axl was in the wrong over the Reading Festival debacle. That good enough? :shrugs:

I can't really fault him for running his forum the way he wants to. It's not like he has some obligation to us or that he owes us anything. If he wants to drive away members by having strict rules that he enforces with banning, then that is up to him. The result is that I stay away from that forum, not that I criticise him.

I don't really disagree with you as you'd see if you read my earlier post in the thread, I don't go there because of the gestapo style moderation.

And stop with all this jealous talk. Would it be cool to hang out with the band on your? Sure. Would I sell my dignity and respect to do so? Not in a million years. But more power to whomever wants to be a yes man, as an adult, to another adult, just so u can hang out with him.

I don't get the whole "selling your dignity" argument to be honest. It's not like it's a big deal, it's an internet forum. If by moderating the way he does he gets to be part of the band's innner circle then more power to the man. To talk about "dignity" and "selling his soul" is to take the whole thing way too seriously. At the end of the day he doesn't owe anything to anonymous people on the internet, at least not to the extent where it would involve losing all the perks he apparently enjoys right now. I'll say it right here that if it was a choice between travelling the world with my favourite band or pandering a bunch of anonymous users on the web then it's not really a choice at all. :shrugs:

Now if this was a one off then I might be inclined to draw other conclusions but you know as well as I do that Axl has a habit of doing this so yes, I think it's pretty safe to conclude that he was in the wrong.

thank you for now admitting it was merely your assumption.

I don't see the word assumption anywhere in that post. Conclusion based on 20 years of seeing this kinda thing pulled night after night. If you really think it's always somebody else's fault then more fool you. :shrugs: Like I said there's a reason nobody takes you seriously anymore. :rolleyes:

To save myself typing it all out again I'll just quote this post which gets it pretty much bang on the money! :thumbsup:

Was that the gig they turned the power off on him for passing curfew?

If it was, how could it be anyone elses fault but his?

If he knows he has to be off stage by 11 because of curfew (and from what we heard after it was made crystal clear before hand) then going on stage late means that the show is going to necessarily be short. Feigning disgust at enforcing the curfew as if it came out of no where is kind of ridiculous. If he wanted to play the full show, he should have got on stage on time in order to make it happen.

If I want to play an 18 hole round of golf, but drag my feet and don't tee off until 8 PM even though the tee box was open well before that, is it anyone's fault but my own I can't get the round in because of darkness? If I knew what time it gets dark, and don't tee-off accordingly, then there is no way to finish before it gets dark. There would be no one to blame but myself.

The band knew about the curfew and didn't take the stage in time to finish the show. How could it be anyone but Axl in the wrong?

Even if I don't agree with the way he runs his site, I do wish I were in his place touring with the band, and even if he's not getting paid, I sure wish I had the money and the authorization to tour with the band like that :D

he obviously isn't buying tickets to get into the shows and i wouldn't be shocked if he travels with the band or gets comp'd a place to stay, but he isn't being paid and does not work for the band. he's just a big fan that is friends with the band. u mad bro?

Shit, I thought I read "you fat bro?" and I was like... What. The. Fuck? :rofl-lol:

Now if this was a one off then I might be inclined to draw other conclusions but you know as well as I do that Axl has a habit of doing this so yes, I think it's pretty safe to conclude that he was in the wrong.

MSL - your transition from "cupcake who falsely claims to possess unreleased GNR material" to "cupcake who defends the band to try and get in with them" is amusing.

I liked you better as the former. What happened, man?

Wow. You're starting to get really annoying. You're becoming a Jarmo 2.0

You start a discussion about a post Dazy made back then, which he only posted here to show that he got banned over nothing.

That discussion has nothing to do with the fact that he got banned, which is what Dazey meant to say with his post.

Seriously man, what do you want from Axl. To collaborate on your album? To let you be the opener of the next tour?

No offense but you seem really obsessed with the guy.

Edited by UcudBmine

I don't know the specifics of Dazey's banning and can't comment on whether I think he deserved it.

:rolleyes:

I got a life ban from HTGTH for saying Axl was in the wrong over the Reading Festival debacle.

Specific enough for you? But I think I figured out how your mind works.

When a post says:

This is what you'll read:

Axl was in the wrong over the Reading Festival debacle.

But w/e. Good luck with this stuff.

The situation is that Jarmo gets rid of anyone who has something bad to say about Axl.

I got banned for asking stuff about that supposed Blood in the Water ''leak''. Not that I really care since I made about 20 posts in the 4 years I was a member there.

Edited by UcudBmine

I still have to give the man props for all the GNR articles he's got up on his site. I personally spent hours reading all the articles on there.

A good point to make:

Notice how all the articles on his site include interviews with ex-members up until 2005:

http://htgth.com/articles/index.php

After the Steven Adler interview he posted in April 2005, absolutely nothing about the ex-members or Velvet Revolver.

So that's a good indication as to when exactly Jarmo sold out.

If his site is about Guns N' Roses and Guns N' Roses only, why should he post interviews with ex-members who are not part of GN'R anymore? I do make an effort to follow ex-members and their projects on my own site, but I can understand why a Guns N' Roses fan site would be exclusively for information on Guns N' Roses.

Ok, but why did Jarmo comprehensively document everything happening with the ex-members...but then stop in 2005?

Why did they suddenly not matter at that point? What/who influenced Jarmo to make that decision?

I still have to give the man props for all the GNR articles he's got up on his site. I personally spent hours reading all the articles on there.

A good point to make:

Notice how all the articles on his site include interviews with ex-members up until 2005:

http://htgth.com/articles/index.php

After the Steven Adler interview he posted in April 2005, absolutely nothing about the ex-members or Velvet Revolver.

So that's a good indication as to when exactly Jarmo sold out.

If his site is about Guns N' Roses and Guns N' Roses only, why should he post interviews with ex-members who are not part of GN'R anymore? I do make an effort to follow ex-members and their projects on my own site, but I can understand why a Guns N' Roses fan site would be exclusively for information on Guns N' Roses.

Ok, but why did Jarmo comprehensively document everything happening with the ex-members...but then stop in 2005?

Why did they suddenly not matter at that point? What/who influenced Jarmo to make that decision?

He probably wanted to stay in with the new lineup. Nothing wrong in that. Again, as an admin he can do whatever he wants with his site and it doesn't make him a bad person (unless he breaks promises with his members).

The situation is that Jarmo gets rid of anyone who has something bad to say about Axl.

I got banned for asking stuff about that supposed Blood in the Water ''leak''. Not that I really care since I made about 20 posts in the 4 years I was a member there.

the blood in the water leak sounds real 2 my ears

I still haven't heard any good reasons for dissing Jarmo, could someone write a summary?

I got a life ban from HTGTH for saying Axl was in the wrong over the Reading Festival debacle. That good enough? :shrugs:

I can't really fault him for running his forum the way he wants to. It's not like he has some obligation to us or that he owes us anything. If he wants to drive away members by having strict rules that he enforces with banning, then that is up to him. The result is that I stay away from that forum, not that I criticise him.

I don't really disagree with you as you'd see if you read my earlier post in the thread, I don't go there because of the gestapo style moderation.

And stop with all this jealous talk. Would it be cool to hang out with the band on your? Sure. Would I sell my dignity and respect to do so? Not in a million years. But more power to whomever wants to be a yes man, as an adult, to another adult, just so u can hang out with him.

I don't get the whole "selling your dignity" argument to be honest. It's not like it's a big deal, it's an internet forum. If by moderating the way he does he gets to be part of the band's innner circle then more power to the man. To talk about "dignity" and "selling his soul" is to take the whole thing way too seriously. At the end of the day he doesn't owe anything to anonymous people on the internet, at least not to the extent where it would involve losing all the perks he apparently enjoys right now. I'll say it right here that if it was a choice between travelling the world with my favourite band or pandering a bunch of anonymous users on the web then it's not really a choice at all. :shrugs:

Maybe it's just a pet peeve of mine and something that doesn't bother you?

I've always been annoyed by ass-kissers.

I would rather NOT ever meet or hang out with Axl, than spend a summer touring with him - but having to kiss his ass on a daily basis. To see something going wrong or a bad decision made, but being forced to hold my tongue and not speak freely, and instead having to bow down and kiss ass and be a yes-man.

Basically you are selling your dignity to be able to hang out with a 50-year-old singer. More power to Jarmo if that's what he wants to do with his life, or if he doesn't care about his own personal respect/pride as an adult!

I respect people who are not afraid to stand up for what they believe in, who aren't afraid to speak out if they feel something isn't correct. I really can't stand yes-men, yes-women, people that just kiss ass to try and get ahead in life.

It really doesn't matter to me in the least bit if he does this. It's his life, he can do whatever he wants. I only respond when people start playing the "Oh, the only reason people are bashing Jarmo is because they are jealous of him" card.

I don't post that much anymore in forums, I actually had to log in and create an account to write this because of how nice Jarmo has been to me..Am a big fan but the boards don't run my life as I got tired of fighting with some "know it alls" on another forum..I definitely miss the news, the leaks etc, but I am 42 now and frankly GNR is my favorite band ever and will always be, but they don't exactly dominate my life anymore..I will see every tour that is close and buy a lot of shit, so financially they have me, but I don't rush to the boards to find out if there are leaks, even though I am dying to hear them..

That being said, I met up with Jarmo in Camden in November (we had "met" online like in the 90s and in person once before in Baltimore like 2006 maybe)..I spoke to Jarmo about his role and I hope I am not violating any confidentiality by saying it, but I think Jarmo sells himself a little short when he relays what his role is..

Clearly he isn't being "given tickets" to get into the show..He travels on the bus and has a laminated backstage pass and stays at their hotels, watches every show from the side of the stage as well..That being said, he works before and after the show so it's not like when Axl and the boys are chilling at the hotel Jarmo is pounding Beluga Caviar and doing shots of Patron..

Being that I am old, when I went backstage (he got 3 of my friends to the meet and greet), I am not as in awe of rockers as I was when I was 20, so I spent a good portion of the time just talking to Jarmo..He said he is just a poor student that is a jack of all trades for the band and gets to just see the shows live..I don't know if he is paid or not, if he is, I don't think it is a hundred grand..I get the impression he just doesn't have to spend any money to see the shows, to travel or to eat..

He is living a dream and say what you want about his site, he is a pretty decent fellow to talk to in the times that I have met up with him..

On a side note, there are not 2 rockers I have met in the world (and I have met a lot) as kind as DJ Ashba or Bumblefoot..Each of them came up to us and spoke to us at length as if they knew us for years..VERY impressed..

I don't post that much anymore in forums, I actually had to log in and create an account to write this because of how nice Jarmo has been to me..Am a big fan but the boards don't run my life as I got tired of fighting with some "know it alls" on another forum..I definitely miss the news, the leaks etc, but I am 42 now and frankly GNR is my favorite band ever and will always be, but they don't exactly dominate my life anymore..I will see every tour that is close and buy a lot of shit, so financially they have me, but I don't rush to the boards to find out if there are leaks, even though I am dying to hear them..

That being said, I met up with Jarmo in Camden in November (we had "met" online like in the 90s and in person once before in Baltimore like 2006 maybe)..I spoke to Jarmo about his role and I hope I am not violating any confidentiality by saying it, but I think Jarmo sells himself a little short when he relays what his role is..

Clearly he isn't being "given tickets" to get into the show..He travels on the bus and has a laminated backstage pass and stays at their hotels, watches every show from the side of the stage as well..That being said, he works before and after the show so it's not like when Axl and the boys are chilling at the hotel Jarmo is pounding Beluga Caviar and doing shots of Patron..

Being that I am old, when I went backstage (he got 3 of my friends to the meet and greet), I am not as in awe of rockers as I was when I was 20, so I spent a good portion of the time just talking to Jarmo..He said he is just a poor student that is a jack of all trades for the band and gets to just see the shows live..I don't know if he is paid or not, if he is, I don't think it is a hundred grand..I get the impression he just doesn't have to spend any money to see the shows, to travel or to eat..

He is living a dream and say what you want about his site, he is a pretty decent fellow to talk to in the times that I have met up with him..

On a side note, there are not 2 rockers I have met in the world (and I have met a lot) as kind as DJ Ashba or Bumblefoot..Each of them came up to us and spoke to us at length as if they knew us for years..VERY impressed..

I had quite the same experience. Even though I didn't want to discuss about his job or whatever, me and my wife kept talking to him and Caram Constanzo a lot untill DJ and Bumble were able to actually talk to us. He is a nice guy in person, no doubt about it.

Jarmo got it made!

I hate his forum, but have to admit he is one lucky guy!

I so would kiss Axl's ass, to be able to travel from city to city from country to country ( well it least when I was younger). Travel the world for free, that's a dream come true!

By the way, to some of you, you really think you don't have to kiss ass with any other band? You think you can speak totally freely when traveling with Metallica or U2 for example? When touring they don't want somebody with a big mouth, they just want you to do as told. Do your job and shut up, something like that. With newGnR it is maybe worse, but not that different.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I don't really understand the constant complaining about Jarmo. Sure his site sucks, but big deal. Just don't go there. It's not as if it's in any way is an significant board that you can't avoid to read.