What role does Jarmo have in Guns N Roses

spunko12345

I don't post that much anymore in forums, I actually had to log in and create an account to write this because of how nice Jarmo has been to me..Am a big fan but the boards don't run my life as I got tired of fighting with some "know it alls" on another forum..I definitely miss the news, the leaks etc, but I am 42 now and frankly GNR is my favorite band ever and will always be, but they don't exactly dominate my life anymore..I will see every tour that is close and buy a lot of shit, so financially they have me, but I don't rush to the boards to find out if there are leaks, even though I am dying to hear them..

That being said, I met up with Jarmo in Camden in November (we had "met" online like in the 90s and in person once before in Baltimore like 2006 maybe)..I spoke to Jarmo about his role and I hope I am not violating any confidentiality by saying it, but I think Jarmo sells himself a little short when he relays what his role is..

Clearly he isn't being "given tickets" to get into the show..He travels on the bus and has a laminated backstage pass and stays at their hotels, watches every show from the side of the stage as well..That being said, he works before and after the show so it's not like when Axl and the boys are chilling at the hotel Jarmo is pounding Beluga Caviar and doing shots of Patron..

Being that I am old, when I went backstage (he got 3 of my friends to the meet and greet), I am not as in awe of rockers as I was when I was 20, so I spent a good portion of the time just talking to Jarmo..He said he is just a poor student that is a jack of all trades for the band and gets to just see the shows live..I don't know if he is paid or not, if he is, I don't think it is a hundred grand..I get the impression he just doesn't have to spend any money to see the shows, to travel or to eat..

He is living a dream and say what you want about his site, he is a pretty decent fellow to talk to in the times that I have met up with him..

On a side note, there are not 2 rockers I have met in the world (and I have met a lot) as kind as DJ Ashba or Bumblefoot..Each of them came up to us and spoke to us at length as if they knew us for years..VERY impressed..

Good on you for sticking up for him. He sounds like a decent Bloke.

He obviously loves Axl & GnR - absolutely nothing wrong with that. It's like sticking by your favourite football team. You take the good with the bad and stick by them through the good times and the bad. From what you said he sounds like a loyal and hard worker. You don't like his forum - don't go there.

Personally I would give my middle testicle to do his job for GnR ! :)

I still haven't heard any good reasons for dissing Jarmo, could someone write a summary?

I got a life ban from HTGTH for saying Axl was in the wrong over the Reading Festival debacle. That good enough? :shrugs:

I can't really fault him for running his forum the way he wants to. It's not like he has some obligation to us or that he owes us anything. If he wants to drive away members by having strict rules that he enforces with banning, then that is up to him. The result is that I stay away from that forum, not that I criticise him.

I don't really disagree with you as you'd see if you read my earlier post in the thread, I don't go there because of the gestapo style moderation.

And stop with all this jealous talk. Would it be cool to hang out with the band on your? Sure. Would I sell my dignity and respect to do so? Not in a million years. But more power to whomever wants to be a yes man, as an adult, to another adult, just so u can hang out with him.

I don't get the whole "selling your dignity" argument to be honest. It's not like it's a big deal, it's an internet forum. If by moderating the way he does he gets to be part of the band's innner circle then more power to the man. To talk about "dignity" and "selling his soul" is to take the whole thing way too seriously. At the end of the day he doesn't owe anything to anonymous people on the internet, at least not to the extent where it would involve losing all the perks he apparently enjoys right now. I'll say it right here that if it was a choice between travelling the world with my favourite band or pandering a bunch of anonymous users on the web then it's not really a choice at all. :shrugs:

Maybe it's just a pet peeve of mine and something that doesn't bother you?

I've always been annoyed by ass-kissers.

I would rather NOT ever meet or hang out with Axl, than spend a summer touring with him - but having to kiss his ass on a daily basis. To see something going wrong or a bad decision made, but being forced to hold my tongue and not speak freely, and instead having to bow down and kiss ass and be a yes-man.

Basically you are selling your dignity to be able to hang out with a 50-year-old singer. More power to Jarmo if that's what he wants to do with his life, or if he doesn't care about his own personal respect/pride as an adult!

I respect people who are not afraid to stand up for what they believe in, who aren't afraid to speak out if they feel something isn't correct. I really can't stand yes-men, yes-women, people that just kiss ass to try and get ahead in life.

It really doesn't matter to me in the least bit if he does this. It's his life, he can do whatever he wants. I only respond when people start playing the "Oh, the only reason people are bashing Jarmo is because they are jealous of him" card.

I get what you are saying Groghan but who are you to dictate how much Axl and GNR means to Jarmo and others like myself? Do you ever think Jarmo doesn't even think Axl is making wrong decisions? I mean besides lack of new music I believe Axl is doing awesome and I am satisfied as a fan.

Does that make me a blind follower/ass kisser or is that just my opinion?

EDIT: Also you and I both know there is a lot of haters that talk shit but in reality they would take Jarmo's spot to tour with the band in a heartbeat. Most of them ARE jealous and bitter.

Edited by volcano62

EDIT: Also you and I both know there is a lot of haters that talk shit but in reality they would take Jarmo's spot to tour with the band in a heartbeat. Most of them ARE jealous and bitter.

This basically sums it up. Haters gonna gate and bitches be mad....

/Thread

I don't dislike Jarmo or HTGTH at all. While I would never go on HTGTH myself, I understand why other people do. They just want to talk about NuGNR without having to argue with fans of the old band. I completely respect that. Personally, I'd find it boring.

The only problem with Jarmo's site is a problem that this site also shares: labelling itself as a Guns N' Roses site while disallowing discussion of classic Guns N' Roses in the main section.

I don't dislike Jarmo or HTGTH at all. While I would never go on HTGTH myself, I understand why other people do. They just want to talk about NuGNR without having to argue with fans of the old band. I completely respect that. Personally, I'd find it boring.

The only problem with Jarmo's site is a problem that this site also shares: labelling itself as a Guns N' Roses site while disallowing discussion of classic Guns N' Roses in the main section.

The problem is that you can't criticize the new band at all. I'm not even talking about old vs new. Start a topic about how Rocket Queen sounded amazing in 2010 compared to 2011 (or 2012) and see how long it stays up for...

This basically sums it up. Haters gonna gate and bitches be mad....

/Thread

Good for Jarmo, whatever it is about him that got him where he is.

I have visited HTGTH a total of maybe, 5-6 times. 3-4 of those were during the Axl chats to see if Axl was posting there.

Why would anyone passionate about Guns go to HTGTH or gunsnfnroses, when mygnrforum is the real battleground for the hearts and souls of gnr fandom?

• 4 weeks later...

I am just going to ask this because I am curious.

He has attended a lot of GNR shows.

If it were me, I'd kind of be tired of these shows by now considering they are pretty predictable.

I have to applaud him for not getting bored.

How many GNR shows can you see that are the same without being tired of the same repetiviness?

Axl is obviously obsessed with what is said about him on the internet,

He's Axl Rose i'm sure he can take shit from random internet folks, I can't see him curling up and crying in the corner cause someone had a tantrum and called him a tosser for not wanting to make songs with slash.

Riiiight.

What was the name of the guy on GNROnline that Axl trashed in a rant?

He's Axl Rose i'm sure he can take shit from random internet folks, I can't see him curling up and crying in the corner cause someone had a tantrum and called him a tosser for not wanting to make songs with slash.

Riiiight.

Here is excerpt from Axl Rose:

"I used to go on the internet. But the internet seems to be like a big garbage can. So I don't read the things that they say on the internet anymore. And that goes for your comments too Renato (brazilian music critic), and Xozy (female fan running the now defunct website www.axl-rose.net), and anyone else who likes to think that they know what's going on but have no idea."

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=34783.0;wap2

and let's not forget how Axl tore Madison a new one

Edited by Tabitha27

Riiiight.

"I used to go on the internet. But the internet seems to be like a big garbage can. So I don't read the things that they say on the internet anymore. And that goes for your comments too Renato (brazilian music critic), and Xozy (female fan running the now defunct website www.axl-rose.net), and anyone else who likes to think that they know what's going on but have no idea."

http://www.heretoday...ic=34783.0;wap2

Yeah. That's them. Thank you.

The madison rant was disgusting and as much as she deserved someone to cut her down to size, the way he went about it was pathetic.

Riiiight.

http://www.heretoday...ic=34783.0;wap2

Yeah. That's them. Thank you.

The madison rant was disgusting and as much as she deserved someone to cut her down to size, the way he went about it was pathetic.

I agree she deserved to be cut down to size.

But I also agree the way he went about it proved to everyone that Axl Rose indeed lies because he obviously still reads what is being said on the internet because if he didn't read it and didn't care then why bother to react the way he did about it.

Edited by Tabitha27

I don't post that much anymore in forums, I actually had to log in and create an account to write this because of how nice Jarmo has been to me..Am a big fan but the boards don't run my life as I got tired of fighting with some "know it alls" on another forum..I definitely miss the news, the leaks etc, but I am 42 now and frankly GNR is my favorite band ever and will always be, but they don't exactly dominate my life anymore..I will see every tour that is close and buy a lot of shit, so financially they have me, but I don't rush to the boards to find out if there are leaks, even though I am dying to hear them..

That being said, I met up with Jarmo in Camden in November (we had "met" online like in the 90s and in person once before in Baltimore like 2006 maybe)..I spoke to Jarmo about his role and I hope I am not violating any confidentiality by saying it, but I think Jarmo sells himself a little short when he relays what his role is..

Clearly he isn't being "given tickets" to get into the show..He travels on the bus and has a laminated backstage pass and stays at their hotels, watches every show from the side of the stage as well..That being said, he works before and after the show so it's not like when Axl and the boys are chilling at the hotel Jarmo is pounding Beluga Caviar and doing shots of Patron..

Being that I am old, when I went backstage (he got 3 of my friends to the meet and greet), I am not as in awe of rockers as I was when I was 20, so I spent a good portion of the time just talking to Jarmo..He said he is just a poor student that is a jack of all trades for the band and gets to just see the shows live..I don't know if he is paid or not, if he is, I don't think it is a hundred grand..I get the impression he just doesn't have to spend any money to see the shows, to travel or to eat..

He is living a dream and say what you want about his site, he is a pretty decent fellow to talk to in the times that I have met up with him..

On a side note, there are not 2 rockers I have met in the world (and I have met a lot) as kind as DJ Ashba or Bumblefoot..Each of them came up to us and spoke to us at length as if they knew us for years..VERY impressed..

He prob. gets per diem, and does what past friends (and family) of Axl's had done, but he prob. knows when to stay out of band business, and prob. seen as a "street team" leader for the band. Does he carry cases and set stuff up at the shows? Doesn't seem like it, but he's prob. the guy that'll go pick stuff up for them out in town if they're just there for the night and on to the next city.

Is it living the dream? Maybe, but it's prob like any unpaid or minimally paid internship doing something cool. It's not always fun, but it's an experience you'll always remember.

The down side is when someone has access and they put together a fansite, you're going to be biased. It's like what Penn said about Jerry Lewis, one minute he's talking about how much of an asshole Jerry is, then Jerry walks in the room, and he's kissing his ass for the next hour, crying and gushing over how great he is. It happens.

I think if he wanted to work in the entertainment industry, it's a great way to learn all of that, hopefully that's part of why he's there, too. Not a lot of people have that kind of access to see how that all operates.

He seems to be very much part of the Guns N Roses inner circle now, he appears in a high percentage photos of the band in an informal setting and I wondered if he has an official title.

I have my own opinions of the man based on my experiences of his fan forum but I wont get into that here as Im interested in his role in GNR more than my own personal opinion. What do you guys think his involvement in GNR is?

Its unusual for an apparently average joe to be able to afford to tour the world with a rock band for months unless he is employed by them. And its on every tour.

Imagine starting a fan board and then becoming a fully paid up cheerleader as part of the entourage.

What exactly does this guy do?

Axl's personal ass wiperr/kisser

He seems to be very much part of the Guns N Roses inner circle now, he appears in a high percentage photos of the band in an informal setting and I wondered if he has an official title.

I have my own opinions of the man based on my experiences of his fan forum but I wont get into that here as Im interested in his role in GNR more than my own personal opinion. What do you guys think his involvement in GNR is?

Its unusual for an apparently average joe to be able to afford to tour the world with a rock band for months unless he is employed by them. And its on every tour.

Imagine starting a fan board and then becoming a fully paid up cheerleader as part of the entourage.

wow! First hand info?

He does a lot more than you think. Leave it at that.

I complete agree

Whatever people think, Jarmo has helped bring the band, and it's entourage, to the fan forums over the years, and I hope he is having the time of his life right now.

He does a lot more than you think. Leave it at that.

I complete agree

Whatever people think, Jarmo has helped bring the band, and it's entourage, to the fan forums over the years, and I hope he is having the time of his life right now.

I don't. I think he hurts the image of the band. Rewarding someone for censoring the fans is an embarrasment. I think it is time for the band to move in a different direction and send Jarmo home. He needs to get a real job and contribute something to society.

Oh that is why he always has that shit eating grin on his face.

Oh that is why he always has that shit eating grin on his face.

Yup.

Edited by pi2loc

Shall I vomit now, or later??