How is the gunsnroses.com Official Forum?

KetchupNotMayo

I've been looking at the two packages lately and weighing up the pros of getting one of em.

Of course the forum and the Nightrain club as a whole would be awesome to be a part of, but I would like to know a few things before I could seriously consider paying for a subscription..

- How busy is the forum? Is there constant activity, daily activity, how often to the bandmembers pay a visit etc?

- What's the vibe like? Is there actual discussion and debate from different viewpoints, or is it all just one big train of how awesome and fluffy everything is in the GN'R universe with no, even constructive, criticism whatsoever?

- Roughly how many people post on the forum on a regular basis?

- What different sections are there to the forum?

- The 'contests' section of the club; have their been any thus far, and if so what has been won and what kind of questions and stuff have been asked?

Thanks if anyone could help, I think it'd be really cool if GN'R offered a trial period or something just to let people see what they'd be paying for, as it's kinda hard to justify the money for something when I don't even know what it looks like, let alone how much I can expect to get from the forum etc.

Edited by KetchupNotMayo

It sucks.

Also they did give people a trial if they purchased the Chicago stream.

This.

I got the impression everyone on it assumed every post would be read by Axl and it's just a terrible "forum", if you can even call it that. Shame.

it's disappointing to say the least

No, it is what anyone with half a brain thought it would be. Anyone who has been around these boards for more than a few years knew it would be half assed and a quick money grab for the band. Only the blind or naive should be disappointed because we all knew this is what it would be.

Guest Gunns

it's disappointing to say the least

No, it is what anyone with half a brain thought it would be. Anyone who has been around these boards for more than a few years knew it would be half assed and a quick money grab for the band. Only the blind or naive should be disappointed because we all knew this is what it would be.

its not just the forum, its the stuff up with the merch, the stuff up with the signed poster giveaway, it seems ground ctrl can't do anything right.