An honest appeal...

Guest GHS

I just want to make, if I may, an honest appeal to those fans of the old lineup (those who doesn't like the new GnR) who clearly prefer to fight with fans of the new lineup instead of debating about music: instead of wasting your time with useless bullshit and fucking nonsense (like Slash vs. Axl threads, Who's the guilty one threads, Hot rumours of a reunion threads etc.), why do we not start using the space devoted to us? I'm talking about the Pre 1994 GNR section (http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/forum/8-pre-1994-gnr/). The place is almost abandonned to the moths, and there's a plenty of interesting things to talk about, like... MUSIC, dammit! Like sharing information about the best bootlegs, the best live performances recorded, or the worst, the most peculiar etc.

People here clearly prefer talking more about persons than things, like a bunch of gossipers. So...? Hehehe.

Edited by GHS

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

No, that section is dead, so there's no reason to use it. I'd rather talk about GNR in the D&N section.

No, that section is dead, so there's no reason to use it. I'd rather talk about GNR in the D&N section.

Yeah, but what I mean is, every discussion of the old band that starts here, sooner or later, will end up in the old old GnR vs. new GnR matter. The section is only dead because people prefer this old ladies clamours instead of just talking about music. It's a shame...

Edited by GHS

Unfortunately GHS, many of the posters who discuss old guns on this section of the forum do it because they are trolling, not because they really care about Guns n Roses, new or old.

I've tried many times to participate in that section and be a part of its discussions, because I can dig the old and the new. But somehow, it would seem that the so-called fans of the old band would rather come to this forum to discuss the new band. Why? Because they want attention drawn to their dislike of the new band, or they want to make sure everyone knows that they disapprove of xyz about the new band. Sorry, but that's just the truth.

To me, there are many fascinating things to discuss about the old band. So maybe you should ask the "gunsnfnroses" contingent why they spend so much time in this section?

Edited by Popcorn's Snare

IMO all the sections should be merged. The old band gets ignored too much because of the sheer prominence of this section and I think it may be hard to start some paradigm shift towards the Pre 94 section.

That being said, if all you can do is start fights with new band fans for no reason you need to get a life. Vice versa for the new band guys too. GN'R to me is the guys in my avatar, but I love the new band too, even if I don't personally consider them GN'R I still rate them and I respect that people have the right to be fans of them.

Edited by Johnny Drama

As a fan of Axl and his band, I will feel freely to say that I love having these *Whatever you want to call them* around. I would never have any of them banned or banished to a different section, because I love the discussions with them. Even if it gets a little heated, I hold no ill will and I respect their opinions.

I personally think that the sections should be merged.

Just my opinion.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

Pre-94, former gunners, reunion, and the Velvet Revolver sections should be combined to form a good counterpart to this section.

Or this. As long as it doesn't result in factions that hate each other's guts and tear this place in two.

But then BBA couldn't start any topics...

I support this idea. I like the banter between the two groups who are pro and against the new band, however, that section is there for that reason; to keep the conversation separate.

It's sad that people here are so split or feel as though they need to pick a side to support. Every time someone has an opinion, either pro or against the new band, they get called out. What a weird situation...

As a fan of Axl and his band, I will feel freely to say that I love having these *Whatever you want to call them* around. I would never have any of them banned or banished to a different section, because I love the discussions with them. Even if it gets a little heated, I hold no ill will and I respect their opinions.

Just my opinion.

Yes, see, me and you probably disagree with a lot of things involving GNR, but it ain't personal, and I want you to know the feeling is mutual man. You're one of the more level headed people on here I've debated and discussed with.

I guess at this point, I'd just like to explain to everybody my deal here. Believe it or not, I've never intended to come here solely just to get a rise out of people, specifically fans of the nu band. It's no secret I'm not the biggest fan of what Axl and his nu guys are doing. And in all honesty, to me, GNR are basically a thing of the past. I know legally they exist, but in essence they put out their last album of new material in 1991 for most. I specifically come here because most of my friends in the real world aren't nearly into GNR in depth like I am. Most tap their foot to SCOM and shit, but none of them really care beyond that. I come here to chit chat with those that are as in to them, in depth, like I am. I still think Axl's incredible from a performance perspective, I just don't agree with A LOT of what he's been doing since the mid to late 90s. But still I like to keep track of what has become of my favorite band in terms of what Axl and Slash and co are up to these days. And discuss it with those who care as much as I do, one way or the other :thumbsup:

Edited by Bobbo

Just my opinion.

Yes, see, me and you probably disagree with a lot of things involving GNR, but it ain't personal, and I want you to know the feeling is mutual man. You're one of the more level headed people on here I've debated and discussed with.

I guess at this point, I'd just like to explain to everybody my deal here. Believe it or not, I've never intended to come here solely just to get a rise out of people, specifically fans of the nu band. It's no secret I'm not the biggest fan of what Axl and his nu guys are doing. And in all honesty, to me, GNR are basically a thing of the past. I know legally they exist, but in essence they put out their last album of new material in 1991 for most. I specifically come here because most of my friends in the real world aren't nearly into GNR in depth like I am. Most tap their foot to SCOM and shit, but none of them really care beyond that. I come here to chit chat with those that are as in to them, in depth, like I am. I still think Axl's incredible from a performance perspective, I just don't agree with A LOT of what he's been doing since the mid to late 90s. But still I like to keep track of what has become of my favorite band in terms of what Axl and Slash and co are up to these days. And discuss it with those who care as much as I do, one way or the other :thumbsup:

I have never took anything that you said personally and I truly hope that you don't take anything I say personally either. Any insults that I would ever throw your way are in jest, and definitely not meant to offend.

I will agree that we do disagree on a lot of things considering GN'R, but that is just a small fragment of the lives of everyone here. If I ever met anyone from this forum, I definitely wouldn't refuse to have a drink.

I believe that deep down, every one of us loves every member of the band past or present. Even DJ, but he still sucks. We wouldn't be here if we didn't. It's just easy to develope a character and stick with it on a forum.

The wars are half of the fun though, I don't think that anybody can deny that.

I just want to make, if I may, an honest appeal to those fans of the old lineup (those who doesn't like the new GnR) who clearly prefer to fight with fans of the new lineup

I don't express my opinions soley to start a fight with someone. I do it simply because stating opinions is what a forum is for, even if those opinions differ from others. Correct me if I'm wrong...

If the new admin and mod team decide that Discussion & News should be used soley for talk on the current band, and anyone who mentions the word Slash or Bucket or Finnck or Duff or Izzy or Steven or Brain may be warned or banned for doing so in the "wrong" section, then I assume people will start abiding by those new rules.

I'd rather get the classic "wrong section" reply tbh :P

I love when the "board police" try and pull that "wrong section". Gee thanks. Let's let the mods handle things....they seem to know what to move and when. Pretty sure they can handle it.

But then BBA couldn't start any topics...

I support this idea. I like the banter between the two groups who are pro and against the new band, however, that section is there for that reason; to keep the conversation separate.

It's sad that people here are so split or feel as though they need to pick a side to support. Every time someone has an opinion, either pro or against the new band, they get called out. What a weird situation...

the problem is alot of the people here are fans of all the lineups of gnr both old and new, i personally love the original gnr always will but i am burned out from talking about the old band, they broke up 20 years ago. i would rather talk about the things going on now and when you do that some label you a certain way etc

the problem is alot of the people here are fans of all the lineups of gnr both old and new, i personally love the original gnr always will but i am burned out from talking about the old band, they broke up 20 years ago. i would rather talk about the things going on now and when you do that some label you a certain way etc

Indeed. I guess most people don't even know I barely like Chinese Democracy and think today's GN'R far inferior to the band in 1988. My support of the current band throws them off, I guess. It's not like I don't like talking about the old band, it's just that it's been 20 years now and I just find it much more interesting to discuss the future than reminisce about the far past in perpetuum, even when I consider the future rather bleak compared to the past. It is what it is.

I just want to make, if I may, an honest appeal to those fans of the old lineup (those who doesn't like the new GnR) who clearly prefer to fight with fans of the new lineup instead of debating about music: instead of wasting your time with useless bullshit and fucking nonsense (like Slash vs. Axl threads, Who's the guilty one threads, Hot rumours of a reunion threads etc.), why do we not start using the space devoted to us? I'm talking about the Pre 1994 GNR section (http://www.mygnrforu...8-pre-1994-gnr/). The place is almost abandonned to the moths, and there's a plenty of interesting things to talk about, like... MUSIC, dammit! Like sharing information about the best bootlegs, the best live performances recorded, or the worst, the most peculiar etc.

People here clearly prefer talking more about persons than things, like a bunch of gossipers. So...? Hehehe.

This is the most sensible thing I've heard from a reunionist's mouth. Use your own section.