Do you people not realise Axl and the band go out to perform for the people INFRONT OF THEM. Not the people sitting behind a screen.

SMG

When you see the band in front of you....you realise they've got something good going on. It's a completely different experience to sitting at home.....watching a the names of songs appear, and determining the fact that the show was rubbish.

Seriously, new material will come, you crying like fucking babies wont make the material come any quicker........

Sit down, shut up, and enjoy what's going on, if not....please......go away and do not return.

FUCK!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Guns N' Roses.....tankin' in 2012.

I will say it again, Seriously, new material will come, you crying like fucking babies wont make the material come any quicker........

Take note sluts.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so small minded, do you realise the people sitting behind a screen are the ones that will buy tickets to future concerts, really your arguement is stupid. I bought both nights at o2 but because of the same shit , i have now sold my 1st june tickets, that's the impact of lazy touring, btw his voice does sound great tho !

Bitches be crying because i'm 100% right...

If you don't like it, don't go....

But let's be honest, the people who like what he's doing as of now/going to see him....they're pretty much getting the better half of the deal.

SO...what we've picked up on here.....people like the band......but don't like what they're currently doing? Out on the road, playing gigs? With a rock solid setlist.....sucks to be you!

When you see the band in front of you....you realise they've got something good going on. It's a completely different experience to sitting at home.....watching a the names of songs appear, and determining the fact that the show was rubbish.

Seriously, new material will come, you crying like fucking babies wont make the material come any quicker........

Sit down, shut up, and enjoy what's going on, if not....please......go away and do not return.

FUCK!!!!!

I will say it again, Seriously, new material will come, you crying like fucking babies wont make the material come any quicker........

Take note sluts.

I know certain language isn't a problem on these forums but I object to your last sentence. Be more respectful of the women on here, none of them deserve a tag like this. :anger:

I got pretty bored at one show because it was the same damn setlist as the two shows I saw a couple months earlier.

Terminal 5, I presume? To be fair, it was a boring setlist. There's serious issues when the biggest surprises are Chinese Democracy and Street Of Dreams :lol:

On topic, I can see the argument on both sides of the fence. On one hand, I can see why people are starting to get bored...it has been largely the same setlist since 2009. On the other hand, they are an absolutely incredible live band, and I don't think it's worth skipping them because the show will be similar to last time.

I got pretty bored at one show because it was the same damn setlist as the two shows I saw a couple months earlier.

Terminal 5, I presume? To be fair, it was a boring setlist. There's serious issues when the biggest surprises are Chinese Democracy and Street Of Dreams :lol:

On topic, I can see the argument on both sides of the fence. On one hand, I can see why people are starting to get bored...it has been largely the same setlist since 2009. On the other hand, they are an absolutely incredible live band, and I don't think it's worth skipping them because the show will be similar to last time.

Amen, my hat is off to you good sir.

No one is crying dude, promise.

The fact that people even care about a setlist for a show they're not at, says a lot about the passion that fans have for this band. A band who in the eyes of the general public were amazing about 2 decades ago and is now fronted by a 50 year old guy and replacements for the original members who were the ones who made it great.

Do you communicate with anyone in the real world? If you do, you would know there are many people who actually think Axl and his crew are a farce, right? I have never once heard from anyone "You're a Guns fan! How cool!" I usually get "Oh, they're still around?" or " Yeah, I heard they cam out with some album but it sucked." The fans who come here day in and day out, whether they praise or criticize, are the one who keep this band relevant.

I agree that saying a show sucks is a bit far, but I feel that people have every right to voice their opinions on the setlists in general.

I agree.

Listen, long time fans of the band are going to want some new material to start being introduced to the show and casual fans are going to want to hear the hits and nothing else. The fact is, that bar one or two additions/amendments the setlists have been incredibly static for a long time now. Introducing two or three new songs (as they did in 2001/2002) isn't going to prevent them from still playing the hits and keeps the loyal fanbase happy, as it indicates a new record is on the way. That's what most bands who still consider themselves an ongoing creative force do, so why not GN'R?

You'll always get sycophants who defend everything Axl does and cupcakes who critique everything he does. The reality is probably somewhere in the middle. If the same setlist over and over again is cool with you then fine, if it isn't, then that's fine too. That's the whole point of message boards, to offer your own take on things.

As for me, I saw the London O2 show with Duff in 2010 and that's enough to tide me over until a new album arrives and enters the setlist!

FUCK!!!!!

Take note sluts.

Fuck off.

Sorry dude but the burden of proof is on you. Internet is a reality. Didnt Ron just say he wanted to see some song on youtube tomorrow? Isnt there a thread just below yours saying that Jarmo is more and more prominent? Dont Ron and DJ and the guys have facebook pages? One thing about celebrities is that they're fixated on their appearance, so of course they care about what people are saying about them. Axl of all people, who we know to be neurotic and perfectionistic, is probably the clearest example of this we can imagine.

I think you're either stuck in the past when Axl could start a riot because of a guy with a camera, or you're trying to cope with the reality that your hero (and my hero) is disappointing us by pissing away the momentum he's built and WE've built. Look at the buildup he's created over almost 20 fucking years, and here we are watching the same setlist of AFD songs and a few UYI songs we managed to pressure him into playing (which was done thanks to folks like us on the internet, in some way presumably).

We want him to succeed, we want GNR to rule, the guys in GNR want them to rule, and the idea of Slash and Mediocre Myles Kennedy being in the same sentence as Axl Rose is something Axl himself has allowed to happen by not kicking major fucking ass. I'd love to go to a future GNR show but I wont because I've already seen there's nothing new to see. Times are tough and it takes a lot to get a dollar, sorry. Maybe Axl should perform for the people watching at home a little more, eh?

Edited by Eu4ic

i agree with what some have said on here that the people who are on these forums are the ones that go to the concerts, buy the live streams, buy the new merch etc. alot of people have gone to a lot of concerts over the years and iam sure some of them are getting bored by the same setlist. i really dont complain about the setlists but im not going to bitch at people who do, they have every right to.

OP comes off as the crying baby. You're complaining about people complaining. Brilliant.

I wanna complain that your complaining that the OP is complaining. That's my complaint. And seriously- unless you are at every show it's basically a brand new fresh set list for the crowds they play before each night.