Do you people not realise Axl and the band go out to perform for the people INFRONT OF THEM. Not the people sitting behind a screen.

SMG

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you see the band in front of you....you realise they've got something good going on. It's a completely different experience to sitting at home.....watching a the names of songs appear, and determining the fact that the show was rubbish.

Seriously, new material will come, you crying like fucking babies wont make the material come any quicker........

Sit down, shut up, and enjoy what's going on, if not....please......go away and do not return.

FUCK!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Guns N' Roses.....tankin' in 2012.

I will say it again, Seriously, new material will come, you crying like fucking babies wont make the material come any quicker........

Take note sluts.

This is why people shouldn't be drunk and post.

Listen, long time fans of the band are going to want some new material to start being introduced to the show and casual fans are going to want to hear the hits and nothing else.

Is that really true? I'm not so sure.

I think you're either stuck in the past when Axl could start a riot because of a guy with a camera...

If that is true, then Management has not made this point clear to security and the venues.

I've talked to them on several occasions and both parties are very afraid of Axl walking out because people take his picture.

Fans want to document the experience and share it and they're actively discouraged on doing so.

...or you're trying to cope with the reality that your hero (and my hero) is disappointing us by pissing away the momentum he's built and WE've built.

Good point about momentum.

I think fans are asking themselves the same question. "Where is this momentum leading us"? "Why am I paying $125 if 55% of the setlist is the old bands' music?"

In 2006 the momentum was supposedly to leading to a payoff: "Chinese Democracy".

In 2012, they are for all intents and purposes: touring just to tour. (And make money).

There's no ascertainable point or payoff, so they're naturally a little more frustrated and cynical.

When you see the band in front of you....you realise they've got something good going on. It's a completely different experience to sitting at home.....watching a the names of songs appear, and determining the fact that the show was rubbish.

Seriously, new material will come, you crying like fucking babies wont make the material come any quicker........

Sit down, shut up, and enjoy what's going on, if not....please......go away and do not return.

FUCK!!!!!

I will say it again, Seriously, new material will come, you crying like fucking babies wont make the material come any quicker........

Take note sluts.

Best post ever.

I dont moan for new material on tour, but when i see the setlists of recent gigs I know that I've pretty much seen the show a handful of times now, and know that until they shake it up I won't be going to another GNR show if/when it rolls into a city near me. So that annoys me, and quite frankly allows me to judge, as one of my favorite bands I don't have a desire to see again until it becomes less sterile. (enjoy reading about folk that go and have a killer time though).

No one is crying dude, promise.

The fact that people even care about a setlist for a show they're not at, says a lot about the passion that fans have for this band. A band who in the eyes of the general public were amazing about 2 decades ago and is now fronted by a 50 year old guy and replacements for the original members who were the ones who made it great.

Do you communicate with anyone in the real world? If you do, you would know there are many people who actually think Axl and his crew are a farce, right? I have never once heard from anyone "You're a Guns fan! How cool!" I usually get "Oh, they're still around?" or " Yeah, I heard they cam out with some album but it sucked." The fans who come here day in and day out, whether they praise or criticize, are the one who keep this band relevant.

Good response.

Have you noticed that some fans will praise a show they WEREN'T at, while bashing people for complaining about a show they weren't at!!!!! Double standard much?

Anyway, I've been a forum member for over a decade and this inbred is about to be the first person I've actually put on ignore. I love that all the former banned members are back, it has made the board interesting again. But maybe 14 year old girls like this should be banned again! Let the adults talk without the stupid jealous, bitches, sluts, sucks to be you juvenile crap. Who really talks like that?

Edited by Groghan

so small minded, do you realise the people sitting behind a screen are the ones that will buy tickets to future concerts, really your arguement is stupid.

no, he's right. you're wrong. this forum is not representative of the average ticket-buying fan. this is a delusion that, thankfully fewer and fewer around here are willing to convince themselves of. fans of the forum don't represent anything more than the smallest minority of most obsessed super nerd fans. if everyone on the forum decided not to buy a ticket, it'd add up to a maybe five people at each show.

so small minded, do you realise the people sitting behind a screen are the ones that will buy tickets to future concerts, really your arguement is stupid.

no, he's right. you're wrong. this forum is not representative of the average ticket-buying fan. this is a delusion that, thankfully fewer and fewer around here are willing to convince themselves of. fans of the forum don't represent anything more than the smallest minority of most obsessed super nerd fans. if everyone on the forum decided not to buy a ticket, it'd add up to a maybe five people at each show.

i feel like that's why GN'R is perhaps not always as mindful of the internet fanbase as people expect them to be -- to be frank a large majority of the people going to shows are average, casual listeners. some girl i know went to see them and only knows their hits, she pretty much just enjoys going to rock concerts. she did know that slash had left though. :lol: that's the funny thing about it. the fans here are so knowledgeable about the history of guns, but the three things it seems like casual, everyday music listeners know about GN'R is that: they were a great rock band; slash left; axl's an asshole. :lol: i'm not saying that's accurate, but it always seems to be the reactions i hear from "normal" people whenever i bring up the band.

The fact that people even care about a setlist for a show they're not at, says a lot about the passion that fans have for this band. A band who in the eyes of the general public were amazing about 2 decades ago and is now fronted by a 50 year old guy and replacements for the original members who were the ones who made it great.

Do you communicate with anyone in the real world? If you do, you would know there are many people who actually think Axl and his crew are a farce, right? I have never once heard from anyone "You're a Guns fan! How cool!" I usually get "Oh, they're still around?" or " Yeah, I heard they cam out with some album but it sucked." The fans who come here day in and day out, whether they praise or criticize, are the one who keep this band relevant.

Good response.

Have you noticed that some fans will praise a show they WEREN'T at, while bashing people for complaining about a show they weren't at!!!!! Double standard much?

Anyway, I've been a forum member for over a decade and this inbred is about to be the first person I've actually put on ignore. I love that all the former banned members are back, it has made the board interesting again. But maybe 14 year old girls like this should be banned again! Let the adults talk without the stupid jealous, bitches, sluts, sucks to be you juvenile crap. Who really talks like that?

Hey, be careful. I'm a teenage girl. :P

FUCK!!!!!

Take note sluts.

i saw guns n roses in 2002. robin finck. buckethead. tommy. brain. new material wasn't an expectation. but times change. in 2012 new material is expected. whether you're at the show or at home

i feel like that's why GN'R is perhaps not always as mindful of the internet fanbase as people expect them to be -- to be frank a large majority of the people going to shows are average, casual listeners. some girl i know went to see them and only knows their hits, she pretty much just enjoys going to rock concerts. she did know that slash had left though. :lol: that's the funny thing about it. the fans here are so knowledgeable about the history of guns, but the three things it seems like casual, everyday music listeners know about GN'R is that: they were a great rock band; slash left; axl's an asshole. :lol: i'm not saying that's accurate, but it always seems to be the reactions i hear from "normal" people whenever i bring up the band.

the thing that really disappoints me is how it seems like gnr and their "management" aren't really aware of the disparity between ticket-buying fan and obsessed internet fans. if they were, they wouldn't let anything said get to them. in fact, they wouldn't even be aware of this stuff. but axl used to call out forum members on stage. beta and her family routinely pick cupcake wars with fans on forums. they seem to tailor much of their social media to weirdos like us instead of more normal, less viscerally engaged fans who happened to simply "like" gnr on facebook. i can understand why they'd get pissed about stuff people talk about here. but i can't understand why they'd continue to invite it into their lives. but i've heard axl spends plenty of his time and energy on things like that... reading about what people say about him, reading about people he used to work with, reading forums, etc... but a friend of mine was an assistant to another notoriously egotistical and self-destructive rock star. he said he'd do the same thing... reading forums and getting pissed off about what people say. to me, the only thing sadder than a gnr fan like me still reading about axl after all these years is the idea that axl would give a shit. we're such a tiny, insignificant minority of uber fans. it's this way with any band. but especially gnr, where only the craziest of crazies can really muster much sincere enthusiasm for round 3. or round 4. or whatever round we're on now. i can't remember.

FUCK!!!!!

Take note sluts.

Are you retarded??? :sleeper:

Don't you think that if "Chinese Democracy" were properly promoted and toured upon then the average person would maybe consider GN'R to be worth their time and interest?

The band didn't even have a proper website until recently, for fucks sake. It's so absurd.

The general public has no reason to take the new GN'R seriously.

Don't you think that if "Chinese Democracy" were properly promoted and toured upon then the average person would maybe consider GN'R to be worth their time and interest?

no, i really don't. everyone but axl knew this. that's why irving azoff hustled axl and dumped it out there. it's why the record company was happy to send it to best buy purgatory and try to recoup as much of their foolish investment as possible. it's why they didn't really care when axl went AWOL. time moved on. axl didn't. nobody really cared about chinese democracy, despite how much they loved the music his previous band recorded a generation ago.

no, i really don't. everyone but axl knew this. that's why irving azoff hustled axl and dumped it out there. it's why the record company was happy to send it to best buy purgatory and try to recoup as much of their foolish investment as possible. it's why they didn't really care when axl went AWOL. time moved on. axl didn't. nobody really cared about chinese democracy, despite how much they loved the music his previous band recorded a generation ago.

I don't know. It remains to be seen.

But I do know that playing 1/3-to-1/2 of your album multiple years prior to is release it's the musical equivalent of blue balls.

No one really cares anymore, they just want it to come. When it does, it's uncomfortable and anti-climatic.

Also I think the "catchy" argument is a little overblown. There are tons of successful songs that have no simple structure or hook to them.

Outside of "Power", Kanye's last record had tons of sampling, guest spots, quote montages, and other weird typically anti-mainstream things and it was considered by most to be a masterpiece.

Edited by Brodie

The band didn't even have a proper website until recently, for fucks sake. It's so absurd.

The general public has no reason to take the new GN'R seriously.

i agree. if axl rose and 2008 gnr management had properly promoted the chinese democracy record in advance of its release.....the average joe would not only want to see guns n roses but they would be stoked to hear a whole bunch new songs from the chinese record and chinese songs in the can

i agree. if axl rose and 2008 gnr management had properly promoted the chinese democracy record in advance of its release.....the average joe would not only want to see guns n roses but they would be stoked to hear a whole bunch new songs from the chinese record and chinese songs in the can

If it's promoted from December 2006, onward and released on March 6th, 2007, yes.

The break killed their momentum, Robin left, etc.

Bad for business.

If it's promoted from December 2006, onward and released on March 6th, 2007, yes.

Bad for business.

the break was a killer. robin being out of the band was big. the band's lead guitarist. both live and on the record. if only axl and management had a handle on stuff. things for chinese democracy would have been different

Good response.

Hey, be careful. I'm a teenage girl. :P

You are an intelligent poster though. You add to every discussion. Even tho u don't always agree with you, I respect you as a poster.

Seriously, who really talks like the OP? There comes a time in all out lives when it stops being "cool" go refer to friends as bitches, sluts, pimps, etc. And I think people stop doing that in their mid-teens?

FUCK!!!!!

Take note sluts.

No, nobody realized that. Everyone thought that Axl was doing everything he did live purely for the sake of those on the forums so we could live the concert experience through one-line text updates. It never occurred to anyone on the forum that the band even KNEW that there were fans in attendance at the shows.

Thank you for pointing that out. The forum is a better place with you here.

Bad for business.

the break was a killer. robin being out of the band was big. the band's lead guitarist. both live and on the record. if only axl and management had a handle on stuff. things for chinese democracy would have been different

it was really fucking nice to see robin play 'better' again with them recently. it's so weird, because i count myself as one of the people years ago who wasn't too keen on robin, but over time i grew more fond of him and as soon as i had really warmed up to him he was gone. it's strange how so many members have left over the years that we're now nostalgic for the original replacement guitarists. :lol: not hating on Ashba but i think robin definitely brought a unique sound to the group, and axl was wise to have hired him initially.

i actually think axl would engender more good will with the general public and generate better press if he publicly promised to never release another new song from the new band. not saying it's what people around here would want necessarily. i just think the public would find it agreeable in much the same way they didn't feel about his Hall of Fame disgrace.

Edited by HisRoyalSweetness

Bad for business.

it was really fucking nice to see robin play 'better' again with them recently. it's so weird, because i count myself as one of the people years ago who wasn't too keen on robin, but over time i grew more fond of him and as soon as i had really warmed up to him he was gone. it's strange how so many members have left over the years that we're now nostalgic for the original replacement guitarists. :lol: not hating on Ashba but i think robin definitely brought a unique sound to the group, and axl was wise to have hired him initially.

it was surreal seeing robin back on the last tour. performing better. it was a highlight.

makes you wish robin had done TIL finally for the first time that night too. can it happen on this tour?

many are gone. robin. buckethead. brain. tobias. freese. they have recorded many songs. many songs axl can choose from 2 play at shows. and put on future chinese democracy releases.

robin was something different for the band. he rocked rio 2001. robin sings too lol robin sings like tommy lol robin had great stage presence. on the youtube video of robin doing better as a one off....you hear a passionate fan yell an emotional gut checking "YEAH" as robin begins the solo on better. made me feel chills

this is what robin brings to guns n roses. i hope we see robin again on tour with guns n roses soon. brain too lol

Edited by finck6