Did Slash shred a LITTLE?

Vincent Vega

Shredding is a very broad term when it comes to guitar. Generally it just means to play fast, so I'd say yes, Slash can definitely shred. Sometimes it's used just to describe something that sounds awesome or impressive.

Shredding is a very broad term when it comes to guitar. Generally it just means to play fast, so I'd say yes, Slash can definitely shred. Sometimes it's used just to describe something that sounds awesome or impressive.

yeah i agree with this, i never thought of shredding was due to speed or anything i just thought it was something that sounded kick ass so yeah slash shreds

yeah i agree with this, i never thought of shredding was due to speed or anything i just thought it was something that sounded kick ass so yeah slash shreds

+2 :thumbsup:

Not in the sense like metal guitarists. . he relies heavily on legato for speed. Look at the paradise city outro solo for ex. That mixed with a little wah creates the illusion of "shredding".

Just because he uses his left hand for shredding (playing fast) doesn't mean it's fake. I'd say he's not a slow guitar player at all.

He doesn't use his picking hand like most shredders tho.

+1

Not in the sense like metal guitarists. . he relies heavily on legato for speed. Look at the paradise city outro solo for ex. That mixed with a little wah creates the illusion of "shredding".

Just because he uses his left hand for shredding (playing fast) doesn't mean it's fake. I'd say he's not a slow guitar player at all.

He doesn't use his picking hand like most shredders tho.

Hes not slow but hes not fast and he has admitted it numerous times, he definitely makes up for it though and doesn't need to be fast. If you want to see "fast" or "shredding" then look at Buckethead. But I'd take Slash over Buckethead obv.