Why do you support New GNR as Guns N' Roses?

Vincent Vega

For all who do: Why do you support and/or accept post 1997 Guns N' Roses as being "Guns N' Roses"? I mean besides the legal technicality aspect of it. Is it the same band to you, if so, why?

Why do you support a band which has only released one 14 song album in the 15 years of it's existence, which has toured the same album for over 10 years now?

How is this band Guns N' Roses, to you, if the only holdovers from the AFD/UYI era GN'R are Axl and Dizzy?

Why do you continue to praise a band who seems to have no intentions of releasing a new album any time soon?

For those who feel New GN'R is "better" than Old GN'R, would you explain why you feel New GN'R is superior to the old?

Opponents of New GN'R have made their stance very clear time and time again and have explained why they don't feel "Nu GN'R" is "Guns N' Roses", and have given their reasons as to why they "bash" New GN'R. But I don't recall ever seeing new band fans giving clear responses to these sorts of questions.

Edited by Indigo Miser

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they aren't really Guns N' Roses I mean the new band is good and all but still I can't see how people like the New GNR better than the old GNR. Yeah people say it's Axl 's vision but he changed it like 4-5 times. Also I think CD is a very good album but some of the songs are just :thumbsdown: and some are :rofl-lol: but I can't see how people like it better than AFD which got them big in the first place

For all who do: Why do you support and/or accept post 1997 Guns N' Roses as being "Guns N' Roses"? I mean besides the legal technicality aspect of it. Is it the same band to you, if so, why?

Why do you support a band which has only released one 14 song album in the 15 years of it's existence, which has toured the same album for over 10 years now?

How is this band Guns N' Roses, to you, if the only holdovers from the AFD/UYI era GN'R are Axl and Dizzy?

Why do you continue to praise a band who seems to have no intentions of releasing a new album any time soon?

For those who feel New GN'R is "better" than Old GN'R, would you explain why you feel New GN'R is superior to the old?

I dont know if I think the new gnr are better than the old one. Well, the new line up kicks ass live, the sound is way better than the old one but the old band has delivered more good songs.

But I would like to know. People who dont like the new line-up. Why do you waste your time here on the earth on a forum about a band that you dont even like? Thats like I would sit and write crap on a Jay-Z-forum and just write shit about how i dont like him. Why would I waste my time like that? Well the asnwer is: I wouldnt!

I dont know if I think the new gnr are better than the old one. Well, the new line up kicks ass live, the sound is way better than the old one but the old band has delivered more good songs.

But I would like to know. People who dont like the new line-up. Why do you waste your time here on the earth on a forum about a band that you dont even like? Thats like I would sit and write crap on a Jay-Z-forum and just write shit about how i dont like him. Why would I waste my time like that? Well the asnwer is: I wouldnt!

yeah i always wondered it as well

Bands evolve. Van Halen, Deep Purple, Fleetwood Mac, Pink Floyd, The Misfits.

When Matt Sorum joined the band, I was bitter about it... when I was 12 years old. Then I got over it. And through all the other lineup changes, I accepted them (except Gilby, he's a toolbox), and accepted the band.

It's really not that complicated nor difficult to understand. Some people will just never let go of the past.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

the new line up kicks ass live, the sound is way better than the old

This is one of the worst things I've ever read on this board.

yeah i always wondered it as well

Because this is a Guns N Roses Forum not just a NuGuns N Roses forum and many of us, who don't see the current band as the real Guns, are still waiting for Axl to release some new music which does his continued use of the name justice....

I don't support them "as Guns N' Roses"

But Axl Rose is my favorite singer of all time, he's written some of my all time favorite songs, and overall I just think he's an awesome human being. He is a human being though, he has his flaws, but he wouldn't be such an interesting character without them. I'll support whatever he's doing, but I don't buy this band as Guns N' Roses at all. This is a completely different band that means something completely different to me than the guys who put out AFD, Lies, and the Illusions. I just kinda play along I guess...

Because this is a Guns N Roses Forum not just a NuGuns N Roses forum and many of us, who don't see the current band as the real Guns, are still waiting for Axl to release some new music which does his continued use of the name justice....

Well perhaps you should actually read the section headings. Because there is clearly a forum for OLD Guns' lineups and EX Gunners. This is for discussion of CURRENT happenings and CURRENT Guns. You're just mad because this section is busier than pre-94, which is dead as a door nail.

When Matt Sorum joined the band, I was bitter about it... when I was 12 years old. Then I got over it. And through all the other lineup changes, I accepted them (except Gilby, he's a toolbox), and accepted the band.

It's really not that complicated nor difficult to understand. Some people will just never let go of the past.

yeah i have also said this its like talking to a wall though :tongue2:

black sabbath,deep purple,candlemass,iron maiden, venom, mercyful fate etc have had members come and go it happens people quit and are replaced , other bands fans have gotten over it, some fans of this band have this obsession where they just cant let go

Well perhaps you should actually read the section headings. Because there is clearly a forum for OLD Guns' lineups and EX Gunners. This is for discussion of CURRENT happenings and CURRENT Guns. You're just mad because this section is busier than pre-94, which is dead as a door nail.

oh come on, we're all interested in what Axl and his band are doing these days whether we like it or not, this section would be boring as hell without opposing view points.

Well perhaps you should actually read the section headings. Because there is clearly a forum for OLD Guns' lineups and EX Gunners. This is for discussion of CURRENT happenings and CURRENT Guns.

Sorry I did not realize you had to be a Axl cultist to post in this section......... :rolleyes:

You're just mad because this section is busier than pre-94, which is dead as a door nail.

Yeah good work Sherlock you figured me out...Yeah I am mad, that's it.......... :rofl-lol:

Edited by classicrawker

the old band had hits.

Well perhaps you should actually read the section headings. Because there is clearly a forum for OLD Guns' lineups and EX Gunners. This is for discussion of CURRENT happenings and CURRENT Guns.

Sorry I did not realize you had to be a Axl cultist to post in this section......... :rolleyes:

You're just mad because this section is busier than pre-94, which is dead as a door nail.

Yeah good work Sherlocke you figured me out...Yeah I am mad, that's it.......... :rofl-lol:

Sherlock

yeah i have also said this its like talking to a wall though :tongue2:

black sabbath,deep purple,candlemass,iron maiden, venom, mercyful fate etc have had members come and go it happens people quit and are replaced , other bands fans have gotten over it, some fans of this band have this obsession where they just cant let go

There's one very big difference between all those bands you listed and GNR, and that's output. These bands kept being productive, they consistently released material through their lineup changes, GNR have not. That makes it a bit more difficult to see the lineup changes as positive thing

Yeah good work Sherlocke you figured me out...Yeah I am mad, that's it.......... :rofl-lol:

Sherlock

Thanks already fixed it mate...... ;)

Sherlock

Thanks already fixed it mate...... ;)

I wasn't trying to be a smart ass....you would know if I was :tongue2: