Axl and the Internet

axlsalinger

I'll try this, cause I am curious to see what people think. The recent thread/post created by "KingMonkey", which was immediately locked, kinda reads like something Axl would write. If the mods have a reason to prevent discussion of this post, I guess you can post an explanation here and lock the thread.

This is not a thread about MSL, or for bashing him or anybody else so save that garbage for another day.

This is a thread about Axl. It was once reported that he did spend time reading GNR message boards. How often do you guys think he lurks here or on other boards (if at all). Was that him? Will Dexter ever return?

Seriously though (and to draw attention away from the possibility that Axl is actually Damn_Smooth), does anyone think that could have been Axl posting? It reads a lot like his writing style. At first I thought it was, now I'm not so sure. I actually think he probably does post from time to time under a different name. I know I would, if I was him.

Seriously though (and to draw attention away from the possibility that Axl is actually Damn_Smooth), does anyone think that could have been Axl posting? It reads a lot like his writing style. At first I thought it was, now I'm not so sure. I actually think he probably does post from time to time under a different name. I know I would, if I was him.

I really don't think that it was because I think that he would have logged in under Dexter and stuck around to argue a bit.

He may have just wanted to vent, and not get drawn into a discussion (which is stated at the very end of the post). I think it was probably written as a post in the original thread, but it was locked by the time he finished writing it, so he created a new thread instead.

guns n' roses and internet don't really work together at all.

this new website took years to come out and still is not that good. there are many fan sites better than gnr.com.

from what i've read, the official forum is dead as well.

the streams thing is the only kinda modern thing gnr has done in the past years.

about axl, i don't know, he must read some stuff here and there.

his way of comunicating with "open letters" is so ridiculous...

he could simply post an update on his website.

open letters are ok for relevant bands, almost nobody cares about what axl has to say nowadays.

it's not his fault or anything, but the world moved on from gnr and rock n' roll in general.

this new website took years to come out and still is not that good. there are many fan sites better than gnr.com.

the streams thing is the only kinda modern thing gnr has done in the past years.

open letters are ok for relevant bands, almost nobody cares about what axl has to say nowadays.

it's not his fault or anything, but the world moved on from gnr and rock n' roll in general.

I've always enjoyed Axl's letters and faxes (other than the HOF one). I do wish he would communicate more frequently, though.

It wasn't Axl. It couldn't have been. He got the date wrong on one of his own references. The Lawsuit said the Axl's notice came August 1995 not December. If it was Axl writing, then why would quote one of his own references and use one of the few publicly known documents already in circulation, and only the sparsely provided words from the reference? link. MSL was the first to identify Axl as the author. I think MSL has Axl's phone number so I don't know why he got excited about it?

This part was quite interesting though:

I would actually like to offer my congratulations because the genius of this trolling and the amount of reactionary, unintelligent responses it has received. From my time lurking I’ve found your posts to be some of the more grounded and least subjective ones in the GN’R community.

I think its pretty clear why the thread was locked. I'm not sure if it was MSL. Warchild is good a mimicking people too.

Edit: Corrected date

Edited by grigori

I've always enjoyed Axl's letters and faxes (other than the HOF one). I do wish he would communicate more frequently, though.

don't get me wrong, i like when axl "talks" to people. but this open letter thing is just not necessary.

like i said, gnr is irrelevant and aside from the HOF, tne band hasn't been in the news for quite some time.

we don't need open letters. just regular posts. but it's axl, i know he always makes things big and dramatic, but he should choose the simple way sometimes.

Did people just forget all of a sudden that Axl posts here as Dexter? Or is this just trolling of epic proportions?

The person created an account just to make that post. I could see Axl doing that, if he didn't want everyone to know it was him and didn't want to create any Dexter hoopla at this time.