"In my opinion, fans would rather have us put out music than tour" - BBF

The Glow Inc.

Guest Len B'stard

ill seeya back on negative boulevard in 73 hours then :xmassrudolph:

Fuck you Skippy! :P

back to the warm beer ya pom :tongue2:

Hey, he's one of your ancestors-------- one of the non criminal kind that is .

One of the ones that was so bad they made him walk the plank before they even left the dock :lol:

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I'd rather see Axl live than hear another album by him if it will be as boring as CD was.

133825723690.jpg

Ooops! :lol:

Anyway, I'd prefer to hear new music at a live show. Since when did touring and releasing music have to be mutually exclusive? I mean how long does it take to write and record an album these days?

Guest Len B'stard
First Skippy, now our Beer !!! Pommy Bastards. You know we are coming to take our Ashes back soon...

Proper turned you over, didn't we? :lol: Bell got a century, Prior...one other too, can't fuckin remember. Honestly, i've not seen so many convicts running in so many different directions since the Maze Escape. It was like the Olympics at Alcatraz!

First Skippy, now our Beer !!! Pommy Bastards. You know we are coming to take our Ashes back soon...

Proper turned you over, didn't we? :lol: Bell got a century, Prior...one other too, can't fuckin remember. Honestly, i've not seen so many convicts running in so many different directions since the Maze Escape. It was like the Olympics at Alcatraz!

More like Abu Ghraib! :P

Guest Gunns

I appologise for derailing the thread, had to set those poms straight though, it's part of an Aussies duty

On topic, Another reason why I love bumble, he's his own person and doesn't say bullshit to get fans hopes up

As much as BH was cool, and he fucking was. The guy was a creepy bastard. It would not be shocking to hear on the news " former GnR guitarist goes apeshit with an axe in a middle school while having an orgy with sock puppets "

Edited by GET OFF AXLS BACK

Yes he is. Second only to Ron on my list of favorite GN'R guitarists.

I tend to compare them on their solo work whether rightly or wrongly and to me it's Bucket all the way in that respect.

As far as Guns are concerned I'd rate them.

Slash>Bucket>Ron>DJ>Robin but that's another thread.

As much as BH was cool, and he fucking was. The guy was a creepy bastard. It would not be shocking to hear on the news " former GnR guitarist goes apeshit with an axe in a middle school while having an orgy with sock puppets "

Is it wrong that I like that about him? :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Buckethead strikes me as someone who needs the framework of a band to shine in. His stuff with Guns and The Deli Creeps was my favorite shit of his. On his own he's just too...like...scattered. He has brilliant ideas but a brilliant musical idea and a brilliant song are two different things.

I tend to compare them on their solo work whether rightly or wrongly and to me it's Bucket all the way in that respect.

Is it wrong that I like that about him? :lol:

Slightly but you are not alone :lol:

Rio makes me sad because I watch him and think the band really missed out.

What sucks most is that all of them, judging by their interviews, seem to want to release music and yet it doesn't happen...

Thy are young and hungry, Axl is less...young and hungry. He can wait and just enjoying touring, the band members have yet to make a name for themselves....

Same basis because I haven't heard any GN'R songs that Ron has written, it goes Ron>Bucket>Slash>Richard>Robin>DJ. That's based on solo work though. Slash scores higher when Guns is thrown in to the equation.

You're probably right that it is a discussion for another thread, but this isn't even the first time today that a thread has been hijacked. :lol:

Edited by Damn_Smooth

I mean how long does it take to write and record an album these days?

These days, with Axl having access to pro-tools and other electronic toys that allows him to put an indefinite amount of time into making a song finitely more complex, the answer to that question would be 'as long as he wants to spend'.

He's not saying it's just Axl, he's saying the whole band needs to work on songs when they're in rehearsal. He knows it's coming up on 4 years and he's been able to put his own songs out in that time. I'm sure it's frustrating for them, but they get enough breathing space to do their own projects. I don't think Axl is THAT rigid with the setlist, that the band has no say. He has to feel like doing the song, but I can't see how he's not burned out on doing the hits.

My prediction - once they have the record company stuff straightened out, whether they self-release it or sign with a major, it'll be a mix of what Axl has and songs yet to be recorded. I don't think Axl's going to pull a Kubrick this time around, and it'll come together pretty fast. And when Ron's talking about going to these countries, they're not big money makers and just trying to take the show to as many places as possible. This was also mentioned by Axl last year.