"In my opinion, fans would rather have us put out music than tour" - BBF

The Glow Inc.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That doesn't seem unreasonable to me at all.

If that doesn't seem unreasonable to you, there's no sense in continuing this argument. I can't make it any more obvious than I've already done.

Why is two years of touring for your new album unreasonable?

Every tour has been labeled the 'Chinese Democracy' Tour.

There was no your called the 'comeback' tour. All of them were promoted as the Chinese Democracy Tour.

They're been touring this album for a decade. It IS ridiculous and you ARE wrong. Simple as that.

Why is two years of touring for your new album unreasonable?

I'm not going to get into this with you. I've made it blatantly obvious and we both know it isn't two years. Bye.

Edited by username

The funny thing is that the new music we want was already recorded with the Buckethead lineup. Ron will probably have to wait till that's toured before Axl considers going back in the studio to write and record with him and Frank.

Edited by Randy Lahey

The funny thing is that the new music we want was already recorded with the Buckethead lineup. Ron will probably have to wait till that's toured before Axl considers going back in the studio to write and record with him and Frank.

Truly new music isn't gonna happen anytime soon. Unreleased CD tunes probably at some time.

Normal Guns -

Most of the touring before the album was released was labeled CHINESE DEMOCRACY, while most of the touring since the album was released has not been labeled CHINESE DEMOCRACY.

So no, every tour has not been labeled 'Chinese Democracy' Tour. When promoters thought it was advantageous, they used the moniker. When they thought it wasn't advantageous, they stopped.

Unfortunately, simple minded people are often not going to be able to think beyond simple concepts. So, "The t-shirt said Chinese Democracy tour!" is a line of thinking that will be dominant, even though the facts clearly paint a very different picture.

Typically, a tour named after an album would be the tour for that album. However, every rule has an exception, and GNR has a long history of being the exception to the rule.

Furthermore, most comeback tours are not called the 'comeback' tour.

You say they've been touring the album for a decade, but what were they doing from 2002-2006? That's 40% of a decade right there and they were not touring. Out of the last ten years, maybe four years or so were spent touring.

It's very sad how difficult it is for some fans to objectively view the facts. If it makes you feel better to convince yourself that there's been a ten year tour for the new album, who am I to interfere? You're wrong. The facts don't support your premise. But if you get some sort of emotional release from the negativity, you're certainly entitled to be misinformed.

Username -

The album came out at the end of 2008. The tour started at the end of 2009. It stopped at the end of 2010. It restarted at the end of 2011 and appears it may run until the end of 2012. That is two years of touring for the release of the album. It's certainly unorthodox to have a year off in the middle, not to mention starting a year after the release of the record, but the fact remains that it'll end up being two years of touring for the record.

If you are unhappy with your life and need to criticize the band to feel better about your own circumstances, I can understand the need to lie to yourself and pretend the band has been touring for ten years straight promoting their new album. Don't let the facts get in the way of whatever will make you feel best. I support you.

Randy Lahey & Original -

If Axl just spent most of a decade in the studio making multiple records, I see no reason for him to rush into making even more records if he has another one he still wants to release. Ron, DJ can put their fingerprints on the material, but I see no reason for the next album to be scrapped just because the lineup has changed a bit. GNR is Axl Rose and whoever he chooses to play with. He spent considerable time working on multiple records and I hope he takes the time to work each of them for a reasonable amount of time.

I'd love to hear the CD session stuff. I'm just saying if people are waiting for this current line up to sit down and spend time together writing/recording it's gonna be years.

Unfortunately, simple minded people are often not going to be able to think beyond simple concepts.

It's very sad how difficult it is for some fans to objectively view the facts. If it makes you feel better to convince yourself that there's been a ten year tour for the new album, who am I to interfere?

But if you get some sort of emotional release from the negativity, you're certainly entitled to be misinformed.

If you are unhappy with your life and need to criticize the band to feel better about your own circumstances, I can understand the need to lie to yourself and pretend the band has been touring for ten years straight promoting their new album. Don't let the facts get in the way of whatever will make you feel best. I support you.

In another thread, don't remember which one as you seem to be fighting with people in a lot of them, you say that you rarely ever insult other posters. Look at your comments just from ONE post.

So people that have a different opinion than yours are simple minded, they can't view things objectively, they are misinformed, they need an emotional release from the negativity, they lie, and they are unhappy in life.

I know my opinion means nothing to you, nor should it. But what the heck happened to you? You used to be one of the best posters on here. You are a highly intelligent guy, you know a ton about GnR - but the last few months you've turned into one of the biggest pricks on here. Anytime somebody disagrees with you the condenscending insults imediately start coming from you. In some other post you said you've changed because you now are attacking the negative peopel............but dude, you've become one of those people. Instead of educating those who are wrong, or challenging their viewpoints (that you think are wrong) you always go into the "you must hate your life" bullsh*t just because the poster likes Slash or because they aren't worshipping Axl's every move. You are just as rude and full of negativity as the people you say you are trying to educate......which doesn't make the forum a better place, you are just adding to all the constant negativity.

This guy is the most annoying cupcake I've ever seen

Is there a way to block posts where people quote him as well as his posts alone? The guy's a complete tool seriously! :rolleyes:

Is there a way to block posts where people quote him as well as his posts alone? The guy's a complete tool seriously! :rolleyes:

I wonder if anyone has me blocked. Besides iftheworld, he probably has the whole forum blocked by now.

Wouldn't it be more productive to present an opposing viewpoint rather than personally insulting me? If I'm a complete tool, shouldn't it be very easy to counter my argument?

Oh and can I add to that, blocking messages when you quote me? The thing is that even when you're (frequently) wrong you'll just keep spamming replies anyway so you're a waste of everybody's time to even bother engaging with. <_< You've admitted you're just trolling so this is the last acknowledgement you're going to get from me. :rolleyes:

Edited by Dazey

Dude you don't get to talk. You are MSL

Well, thankfully somebody has finally been honest about what the real issue is here.

It has nothing to do with facts, logic or reason. Because I am the one saying it, it's a problem. Because I'm the one saying it, it's okay for people to derail any thread I post in.

But, if you are anti-leaks and that's why you don't like me, I am anti-leaks as well and haven't leaked anything in several years. So what's the problem?

If you enjoyed the leaks, then why would you hate on someone who brought you so much joy?

You can't have it both ways.

My honest opinion is that I think that people are mad that you didn't leak more. There are a few that might be anti-leaking, but I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of us downloaded them as soon as you leaked them. The forums around that time tend to back me up based on the amount of discussion that they garnered.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

Damn Smooth -

I agree with you completely. But we're dealing with a lot of people who struggle to be honest with themselves about where their anger comes from. That is obvious from how they post about GNR, so I wouldn't expect it to be any different when it comes to me. The bottom line is that a lot of people loved me because when I was sent rare shit, I would share it with everyone. When I decided I didn't want to do that anymore, then I became the enemy. I get it. I understand. I just wish more people would be honest.

Well, I appreciated the leaks, and they didn't stop me from buying the album on record and CD, but I can completely understand not wanting legal trouble by releasing whatever was on the hard drive.

It wouldn't be worth it to me either.

I wouldn't go see nu GNR again out of principal.

1. Maybe if fans stop going they'll be encouraged to do more exciting things, switch up the set list, record an album, do promotion. Right now everyone is giving Axl a free pass to be lazy by giving him money every night.

2. I already pretty much saw the show in 2006 with a cooler Axl, minus a DJ, plus a Finck and minus many jams.

You really think that if fans just decided not to go, that's going to push them to go in the studio? They'd just scrap the tour, Axl licenses out WTTJ to 10 action movies, maybe do a couple of private gigs, and he's prob. off to parts unknown, the rest of the guys work on their own thing, maybe get together and work on new songs, but odds are DJ, Tommy and Ron would be back to working on their own projects. I'm sure they'll discuss working on new music when they're hanging back stage, but they don't seem to be all that motivated while they're on the road.

And assuming Axl does go back in the studio next year, people are going to be complaining about no live shows.

Nah, I don't really think that, exactly. The tours are just endless. He will do this until he retires there's no doubt about it.

I wonder if anyone has me blocked. Besides iftheworld, he probably has the whole forum blocked by now.

I disagree with a large chunk of what you say but at least you say your opinion and I get where you're coming from. You're nice enough about it, too. We can all be pricks. MSL is just on constant mega prick mode and an insult commonly shot out by our good friend volcano.... he's a cupcake. He cupcakes hard and he gets me lately. I've blocked him now but like someone else said I wish I could even block quotes with his replies in them.

The bottom line is that a lot of people loved me because when I was sent rare shit, I would share it with everyone. When I decided I didn't want to do that anymore, then I became the enemy. I get it. I understand. I just wish more people would be honest.

people don't hate you for not sharing leaks, people hate you because you act like an arrogant dickhead. :shrugs:

Dude you don't get to talk. You are MSL

Well, thankfully somebody has finally been honest about what the real issue is here.

It has nothing to do with facts, logic or reason. Because I am the one saying it, it's a problem. Because I'm the one saying it, it's okay for people to derail any thread I post in.

But, if you are anti-leaks and that's why you don't like me, I am anti-leaks as well and haven't leaked anything in several years. So what's the problem?

If you enjoyed the leaks, then why would you hate on someone who brought you so much joy?

You can't have it both ways.

My honest opinion is that I think that people are mad that you didn't leak more. There are a few that might be anti-leaking, but I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of us downloaded them as soon as you leaked them. The forums around that time tend to back me up based on the amount of discussion that they garnered.

That's not it at all honestly dude. I didn't even notice the guy as particularly one sided, loud and if I do say so conceited/smug until very recently and I'm around all the time. The leaks thing ( I just heard about recently ) just makes it all the more worse. lol.

That's not it at all honestly dude. I didn't even notice the guy as particularly one sided, loud and if I do say so conceited/smug until very recently and I'm around all the time. The leaks thing ( I just heard about recently ) just makes it all the more worse. lol.

This. It was only within the last couple of weeks that MSL became such an annoying bitch. I used to enjoy reading his (very) occasional posts, but now i'm 2 seconds from putting him on ignore - and I don't have anyone on ignore!

EDIT: I don't know if he's trying to protest against recent forum changes or what, but it's getting old, fast.

Edited by nambis

Bumblefoot raises an interesting point, but I think his perspective could be a bit skewed. The type of fans who would contact him (or even know who the fuck he was) are the type of fans that obviously would prefer a new record ASAP, even if it meant less touring.

And I'm certainly one of those fans.

BUT, I believe the vast majority of GNR fans do not care about new material and would prefer to see the band live and hear the classics.

And 99.99% of those fans would rather see the classic GNR lineup playing those songs.