How long before one of Bumblefoot , Fortus ,Djashba leave the band?

billie

Who will be first to leave?  

138 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guns n roses have a history of guitarists leaving recently. How long do you think it will be before one of the current members leaves?. There may come a time where they will be fed up playing a never ending "Chinese Democracy tour" and songs that someone else wrote 20- 25 years ago

These guys are flamboyant and amazing guitarists in their own right, whom are being paid well for their services I know... but I also know that they are very creative and talented people itching to write their own material...Something has to give

Edited by billie

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fortus seems to be thoroughly enjoying himself every night. I can't see him leaving any time soon.

Ashba also seems to enjoy himself, but he's really been pushing for a new album. If it doesn't start happening soon, he might leave.

Ron seems to enjoy himself the least of the three, and also wants an album really bad. He also most likely doesn't make nearly as much money as DJ. I can see him leaving really soon.

Fortus seems to be thoroughly enjoying himself every night. I can't see him leaving any time soon.

Ashba also seems to enjoy himself, but he's really been pushing for a new album. If it doesn't start happening soon, he might leave.

Ron seems to enjoy himself the least of the three, and also wants an album really bad. He also most likely doesn't make nearly as much money as DJ. I can see him leaving really soon.

This and as for RIchard its also worth mentioning the guy has been in the band for a decade, so it's unlikely he'd get bored of playing those same songs now

That is the big worry, of course.

The longer Axl takes to release new music - especially new music created by this version of the band - the more likely that another member will leave. Which seems like, from past history, would delay the potential release of new music even longer.

Dean why are threads like this worthless? Are you aware of the history of GnR? How many players have come and gone over the past 25 years? Losing a key member now is something that we all should be somewhat nervous about.

You insult the original poster........but then YOU respond to his thread. So apparently you have nothing better to do as well?

Edited by Groghan

Hopefully this line-up sticks and no-one leaves again. That would be the best case scenario as far as I'm concerned... Having hung around with them all, seen the way they interact as people etc. I think anyone who says they're not a band is at best misguided and at worst just lying.

i think bumble would be the first to go IMO, there is going to come a point where if no new music is worked on or released someone is going to get fed up and leave. i think that is bumble unfortunetly

Threads like these are pathetic. Nothing better to do?

Oh fuck off it's a legitimate discussion.

It's the same repetitive un-needed bashing of when the band is productive.

That is the big worry, of course.

The longer Axl takes to release new music - especially new music created by this version of the band - the more likely that another member will leave. Which seems like, from past history, would delay the potential release of new music even longer.

Dean why are threads like this worthless? Are you aware of the history of GnR? How many players have come and gone over the past 25 years? Losing a key member now is something that we all should be somewhat nervous about.

You insult the original poster........but then YOU respond to his thread. So apparently you have nothing better to do as well?

I come on the forum to read what is currently happening with the band, yet it's usually filled with threads like these that continuously bash the band when they are productive, touring/activity being something that many of us wanted throughout the silent days. Enjoy it while it lasts, no point in the ridiculous 'what if' 'how long' threads.

Edited by DeanoR

What is that even supposed to mean? The OP is bashing a period of time that the band is productive during? Well he's not. He's simply pointing out that over the past 10 years, a fair amount of guitarists have left the band, and aside from a bit of touring, there's no indication that GNR will be doing anything any time soon, so it's possible that some band members might get fed up with it and leave.

What is that even supposed to mean? The OP is bashing a period of time that the band is productive during? Well he's not. He's simply pointing out that over the past 10 years, a fair amount of guitarists have left the band, and aside from a bit of touring, there's no indication that GNR will be doing anything any time soon, so it's possible that some band members might get fed up with it and leave.

It's just pointless negativity. There has been no signs of any friction between the band members. Axl mentioned that he'll sit down with the Label and try and get new material out after the tour and Ashba seems optimistic that they'll get back in the studio at some point also. They seem happy touring for the fans, thus making threads like these pathetic and boring.

well i voted for bumblefoot becasue of his health problems....but i think if they do not start recording soon DJ will say goodbye just like KFC guy did :D

oh and they need to release new music 2 or DJ will walk out...

Edited by smakci

It's just pointless negativity. There has been no signs of any friction between the band members. Axl mentioned that he'll sit down with the Label and try and get new material out after the tour and Ashba seems optimistic that they'll get back in the studio at some point also. They seem happy touring for the fans, thus making threads like these pathetic and boring.

You see pointless negativity, I see valid criticism. While there may not be any 100% proof, there certainly has been signs of friction between bandmembers. Particularily Ron's unhappiness with the lack of new material on the horizon.

I hate to say this since it pisses me off when people say it to everyone who defends Axl/NuGNR in any way, but if you want a place where criticism is banned, go to HTGTH.

Edited by bacardimayne

Fortus will never leave the band. He's a session musician, a hired hand : he can tour with Rihanna or Christina Aguilera, he doesn't care about music as long as he gets paid.

Ashba will not leave either : he has no talent, being in "GNR" (*cough*) is the job of his life.

Bumblefuck is the only one who has real artistic aspirations, so maybe he'll quit this joke. But he's kind of greedy, so maybe he'll stay.

Edited by Roky

It's obvious that some people on here just want some of the members to walk out cause they want to see what they consider the "fake" GN'R to fail. Is it because you think it'll bring on a reunion? Cause if that's the case then it's just stupid.

Edited by RocketQueen1985

It's obvious that some people on here just want some of the members to walk out cause they want to see what they consider the "fake" GN'R to fail. Is it because you think it'll bring on a reunion? Cause if that's the case then it's just stupid.

Yes, exactly. Lots of Alices here are stuck so far down the reunionhole that they can't climb back out.

Bumblefuck is the only one who has real artistic aspirations, so maybe he'll quit this joke. But he's kind of greedy, so maybe he'll stay.

Such Bile. Such bitterness. For Bumble. You're sad.violin.gif

Controversy breeds discussion.

If this bothers you, then by all means enlighten us with your own threads. :thumbsup: