Slash - The Cat in the Hat: The Story So Far

auad

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slash ‏@Slash

Btw, the documentary, "The cat in the hat", is not authorized. I have nothing to do w/it. iiii]; P

Not really a surprise. We could tell just by the cover... Slash with an Epiphone? There's nothing wrong with Epiphones but Slash plays with Gibsons.

jimmy fucking page. eric clapton

It was already!

And would like to add Brian May.

good call on Clapton too.

No love for Eddie Van Halen by anybody? How much more Iconic can you get?

I mentioned him earlier, here you go:

van Halen, Hendrix,

And with lots of love as well!

Edited by MBRose

jimmy fucking page. eric clapton

It was already!

And would like to add Brian May.

good call on Clapton too.

No love for Eddie Van Halen by anybody? How much more Iconic can you get?

I mentioned him earlier, here you go:

van Halen, Hendrix,

And with lots of love as well!

Ah sorry missed that earlier thanks

Someone may have put this in the thread already (can't be bothered looking), but Slash has confirmed on Twitter hes had nothing to do with this documentary

LA

Good, started to worry! So he had nothing to do with the chosen words, thank god!!!!

PS, Brian May maybe not be the best, but he sure is very famous, still. Thought 'iconic' kind of similar to famous in this case or that's what I understand out of the chosen words.

so who do we got so far?

Hendrix, VH, Kurt, Clapton, Page

there seems to be some dispute about Jack White, and I don't know about Brian May either.

Damn, shows how much you people know about guitar. Kurt Cobain and jack White Have to go. They don't come close to to guitar icons. Brian may is deffinetly in there.

Myles kennedy is a better guitarist than both of them and he is far from a guitar icon.

Kurt Cobain and jack White Have to go. They don't come close to to guitar icons. Brian may is deffinetly in there.

Myles kennedy is a better guitarist than both of them and he is far from a guitar icon.

But that's the thing, being a better guitarist hasn't got that much to do with it, that's why Rusty Cooley and Chris Impelliteri ain't icons. Players can be trained/taught/made, musicians are a different matter.

Shit, even the guy in the initial text, Keith Richards ain't much of a player, but he's a hell of an icon. I'm sure Myles is a better guitarist than him too.

Add Ritchie Blackmore, Pete Townshend, Tony Ioomi, and Angus Young to that list too.

And lol at people saying Jack White's not an iconic guitar player. Plus, I think Kurt Cobain shouldn't even be mentioned.

You have to include Jeff Beck

maybe not as well known to todays music fans but for me these guys were iconic growing up.........Johnny Winter, Leslie West, Alvin Lee, Joe Perry,

For more modern players how about Randy Rhodes, Joe Satriani or Steve Vai and Yngwie

Edited by classicrawker

Jeff Beck definately, also a hero of mine growing up!

This is probably a generation thing though.

Oh, can I add:

BB KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top that!

Duane Allman

True, but I think again another generation thing, unfortunatelly.

Died so young, not many know him nowadays. One of the best, but not really 'iconic'.

Kurt Cobain and jack White Have to go. They don't come close to to guitar icons. Brian may is deffinetly in there.

But that's the thing, being a better guitarist hasn't got that much to do with it, that's why Rusty Cooley and Chris Impelliteri ain't icons. Players can be trained/taught/made, musicians are a different matter.

Shit, even the guy in the initial text, Keith Richards ain't much of a player, but he's a hell of an icon. I'm sure Myles is a better guitarist than him too.

Kurt and Jack are pop icons not guitar icons because when you think of them you don't associate them with a great solo or unique guitar playing. Keith brought the country and blues feel to rock.

Now about Myles, technically he is a better guitar player than Keith but he is not a better over all guitar player.

Take Gary Clark Jr. for an example. Anyone can play what he plays but just a couple of people can play it the way he is playing it.

Anyone can play what he plays but just a couple of people can play it the way he is playing it.

yeah, those are the guys that stay in people's memory. Kurt and Jack are in that category.

You are probably going to kill me for this, but when I think about Kurt, I think of him more as a singer.

Anyway, can we make a list yet?

As far as image goes Slash is easily the most recognizable guitar player in the past 30 years and then you go with his songs n everyone knows the the beginning of SCOM n Jungle heck even Slither the guy just has a knack for creating memorable riffs and just plain good music