New Admin/Mods appreciation thread.

Peter Shneck

Hi all,

I just wanted to say that so far the new admin/mods have been doing an awesome job. It's starting to feel like a real forum again, where people can voice opinions and do not secretly disappear.

Keep up the great work guys, if this continues I'm sure a lot more people (including myself) will be open to donating $ to help u guys out with expenses.

Cheers!

Hi all,

I just wanted to say that so far the new admin/mods have been doing an awesome job. It's starting to feel like a real forum again, where people can voice opinions and do not secretly disappear.

Keep up the great work guys, if this continues I'm sure a lot more people (including myself) will be open to donating $ to help u guys out with expenses.

Cheers!

If you ignore that fact that AG has at least four abortion threads then I agree.

Hi all,

Cheers!

If you ignore that fact that AG has at least four abortion threads then I agree.

What is AG? I don't know what ur talking about.

Hi all,

Cheers!

Why aren't you using your real account?

Edit: I agree completely with your post. I was just curious.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

Hi all,

Cheers!

To be honest I don't even remember what my old username was. It was some forgettable gibberish. I wasn't a "notable" poster on here anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Hi all,

Cheers!

To be honest I don't even remember what my old username was. It was some forgettable gibberish. I wasn't a "notable" poster on here anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Thanks for the explanation, it just sounded like you had been here for some time.

Hi all,

Cheers!

Thanks for the explanation, it just sounded like you had been here for some time.

Np. Anyway back on topic...

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I completely agree. I hope it continues this way. The forum have been more exciting these two weeks or whatever it's been than it's been for years.

Agreed 100%! All the mods have been great since the takeover and even a couple that I was unsure about have surprised me by being balanced, fair and (sometimes overly) reasonable. It's made such a difference to the atmosphere and activity on the forum!

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Agreed 100%! All the mods have been great since the takeover and even a couple that I was unsure about have surprised me by being balanced, fair and (sometimes overly) reasonable. It's made such a difference to the atmosphere and activity on the forum!

Completely agreed. At the same time, many of the people that were trolling just to annoy the mods have been much cooler since and are posting normal. So I think it's a win-win situation.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

The new admins and mods seem fair and diplomatic :). But I am eager to see how they will react to the blatant trolling that's been going on lately when the new rules and guidelines are up, and although I agree that the activity has increased (not that that is necessarily positive) I also feel the atmosphere has been negatively affected with all the new cupcakes who have come here and the constant fighting which has just increased.

The thing is that I think a lot of the pro Axl lobby see any criticism as trolling. The balance has shifted in a good way IMO.

I think the problem is they hide behind this "cupcake" label. Essentially anybody who gives a differing opinion becomes a "cupcake" and is to be silenced immediately. Well previously anyway..

The thing is that I think a lot of the pro Axl lobby see any criticism as trolling. The balance has shifted in a good way IMO.

Who on this forum do you consider to see ANY criticism of Axl as trolling (except for Volcano, of course)? Please just name a few members from this "pro Axl lobby".

Well MSL for one? Maybe not so much seeing it as trolling but spending ten pages of pointless arguments over the most pedantic shit imaginable maybe?

Edited by Dazey

Well MSL for one? Maybe not so much seeing it as trolling but spending ten pages of pointless arguments over the most pedantic shit imaginable maybe?

I agree about MSL but apart from 3 or 4 other members, I don't really think anyone on the Axl camp is here for the trolling.. There are a few on the Slash camp that also fit into that category.

Who on this forum do you consider to see ANY criticism of Axl as trolling (except for Volcano, of course)? Please just name a few members from this "pro Axl lobby".

Does "The Axl rose Defense force" ring any bells...

I agree about MSL but apart from 3 or 4 other members, I don't really think anyone on the Axl camp is here for the trolling.. There are a few on the Slash camp that also fit into that category.

I think some of the moderate fans look worse than they are in responding to some of the few extremists. I thought Damn Smooth was a fucking cock with some of his Slash bashing until I spoke to the guy. Then I realised that just like me, a lot of what he said was simply retaliating against the blatant cupcakes. Love you now DS! :lol:

Edited by Dazey

So you are saying that MSL didn't fit the description after all. Who else from this "pro Axl lobby" comes to mind and are a better example, then?

So you are saying that MSL didn't fit the description after all. Who else from this "pro Axl lobby" comes to mind and are a better example, then?

Well in that case I'll add you to the list! :lol: You know what I meant so behave! Actually I would say he's trolling in that case. Arguing for three pages over whether Axl was to blame for the Reading clusterfuck is just ridiculous to anybody with even a slight knowledge of history or the situation.

Edit: How about iftheworld?

Edited by Dazey

Well in that case I'll add you to the list! :lol: You know what I meant so behave! Actually I would say he's trolling in that case. Arguing for three pages over whether Axl was to blame for the Reading clusterfuck is just ridiculous to anybody with even a slight knowledge of history or the situation.

Edit: How about iftheworld?

I am not saying MSL isn't trolling, just that I don't believe he considers any criticism of Axl as trolling...

Oh, I definitely consider a lot of Axl criticism for warranted, just annoyed that it pops up repeatedly with the sole intent of derailing threads and riling members up. You will see my criticism of Axl pretty soon. Especially if they don't focus on a new record after the ongoing tour.

Perhaps iftheworld and perhaps volcano, and perhaps some members who are not here anymore. I just don't believe there is a huge lobby of fanatical Axl supporters who can't stand criticism.

Ok since you want to get me involved here we go...People can criticise but when all they do is come here daily and criticise everything the band is doing it is indeed trolling.