Why do you dislike the members of (New) GN'R?

Vincent Vega

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there's so much shit going on at the same time that you can barely hear Tommy's bass, so I can't judge that.

Have you seen them live at all? The bass is very loud and noticeable when you're there.

Axl - Don't even get me started.

Ashba - I don't really like Ashba because for me, he embodies the fact that the current lineup is a cover band. He's clearly been brought in for the sole reason of emulating Slash. Also, based on his back catalog, I really don't want anything written by him to be on the next record. He's just an average guitarist in general and brings no innovation to the band.

Bumblefoot - Ruined CD with his overdubs, but that's not really his fault. He also doesn't really fit in well with the current band dynamic and is just a poor man's Buckethead. That being said, he's great to the fans and seems to be one of the only guys in the band interested in moving forward.

Fortus - Shitty tone, ruins every solo he plays except his own spot.

Stinson - Seems like an absolute dick. I imagine him being the guy who, when proposed the idea of playing a new song, is like "fuck that I'm not learning Locomotive". He's also the guy who makes security take peoples' cameras away according to that guy who streamed a couple American shows last year. He seems to have appointed himself the second in command after Axl and I don't like it. His solo spots all suck besides Sonic Reducer.

Frank - Horribly average drummer who cannot play Nightrain, Patience or Brownstone.

Dizzy - Seems like a bit of a dick, but meh. Does his job well. No complaints.

Pitman - No complaints.

I agree with this. Which is great because now I don't have to type it out lol. Additions:

Fortus: I don't think he gives a flying fuck.... just in it for the money, experience, etc.

Stinson: He's my favourite member as a person. He has the right attitude, as for his playing... he's good I guess though you can't hear him on Chi Dem and I've not once listened to his solo spots so I can't comment there.

Frank: Just a session guy, like Fortus.

Dizzy: Total sap. Total nut hugger.

Outside of disliking CD, I've sen a good deal of hate and bashing toward the actual members of the band, not toward their abilities but towards them in general--calling them hacks and scabs, mocking them as "The Employees", etc, almost as if the people who dislike them dislike them on a sort of personal level. If you dislike any of the members of GN'R who have been in the band since 1997, why do you dislike them? I mean criticizing a guy's playing or ability is one thing, which comes down to taste, which is totally subjective, but I've never understood the need to hate the band members as people, I mean for example the way people hate Dizzy and Bumblefoot in particular. I mean, I think Bumblefoot's gimmick is cheesy and that he's not as good as Bucket was and may not be good for GN'R (yet to be seen, really) but I don't hate him as a person.

I do not dislike any member of the current band of GnR. My only issue is when fans of the new band try and discredit Slash and the original member's contributions to the band. I've never understood why you cant be fans of all incarnations of the band. Of course I would like to see the originals play together because I never saw it in the past but I still very much enjoy the current band and as long as they stay active I'll be happy.

People dislike the new members cause:

- they're hired hands and not actual band members...

- they're not the original (AFD) and heyday (UYI) members

Agree. This and none of them will say a word in regards to late starts or calling Axl out with regards to writing/recording. Every quote is so damn cryptic. Just say it "we want to write & record but he doesn't". Tell the truth. They have no balls or they are just scared of pissing Axl off.

I don't really HATE any new GNR members. If they didn't sign a contract to be one of Axl's employees, someone else would have. That being said, I never explored any solo material of any new GNR members, never seen them perform solo, etc. I am just not into it. It is almost like your parents get divorced and mom starts dating a nice guy, but you never give him the time of day. Also, I don't think the new material comes close to what the original GNR did, so I don't view these guys as celebrities at all. This applies to all employees 2001-present. I guess if I had to pick a favorite it would be Ashba, because he looks like he might play a bluesey rock song, but I don't really know, nor do I really care much. I don't hate them but these guys are replacements for my all-time favorite musicians. Huge shoes they can never fill for me.

/SOB

Bumblefoot: Puts too many notes in his solo. Looks as if he has a bad case of constipation when playing solos. Just tries too hard to act like he is a cool guy.

I hung out with the guy for a couple of hours 3 years ago at NAMM. Just me and him. Him being cool isn't an act. He really is nice and cool to everyone.

Oh, I think he is a FANTASTIC human being, not just cool as in "rock and roll cool". He is geeky and nerdy and cheesy. Not cool. And I am just talking about my impression from seeing him perform and interact, I don't really know him. Sort of a disclaimer ;)

I don't really HATE any new GNR members. If they didn't sign a contract to be one of Axl's employees, someone else would have. That being said, I never explored any solo material of any new GNR members, never seen them perform solo, etc. I am just not into it. It is almost like your parents get divorced and mom starts dating a nice guy, but you never give him the time of day. Also, I don't think the new material comes close to what the original GNR did, so I don't view these guys as celebrities at all. This applies to all employees 2001-present. I guess if I had to pick a favorite it would be Ashba, because he looks like he might play a bluesey rock song, but I don't really know, nor do I really care much. I don't hate them but these guys are replacements for my all-time favorite musicians. Huge shoes they can never fill for me.

/SOB

tommy's made cool solo cds. buckethead is a machine making cd after cd of his work. robin finck can sing. works with c-lo green. great solo work

I don't dislike any of them. I'd prefer Brain instead of Frank and Bucket in place of Ron but the shows I have seen with this particular lineup were great.

do you prefer robin in place of dj? i'm dreaming of robin playing TIL on this tour!

I don't dislike any of them. I'd prefer Brain instead of Frank and Bucket in place of Ron but the shows I have seen with this particular lineup were great.

do you prefer robin in place of dj? i'm dreaming of robin playing TIL on this tour!

I would prefer Robin over DJ. I'll keep Ron over Bucket though. I don't really care about who drums.

I would prefer Robin over DJ. I'll keep Ron over Bucket though. I don't really care about who drums.

i'd prefer robin too. cause of TIL. better too. street of dreams. the chinese democracy title track. basically because of the record i'd prefer robin live. robin knows the record. robin recorded the record. it be cool seeing robin perform the record live in 2012. especially TIL. would robin put a different spin on the solo? like dj does? or would robin play it perfect or better live than he did recording TIL in the studio? what would Robin do with TIL live?

i'd prefer robin too. cause of TIL. better too. street of dreams. the chinese democracy title track. basically because of the record i'd prefer robin live. robin knows the record. robin recorded the record. it be cool seeing robin perform the record live in 2012. especially TIL. would robin put a different spin on the solo? like dj does? or would robin play it perfect or better live than he did recording TIL in the studio? what would Robin do with TIL live?

I think that he would keep it close to the album. It would be nice to see him play it.

Axl - Don't even get me started.

Ashba - I don't really like Ashba because for me, he embodies the fact that the current lineup is a cover band. He's clearly been brought in for the sole reason of emulating Slash. Also, based on his back catalog, I really don't want anything written by him to be on the next record. He's just an average guitarist in general and brings no innovation to the band.

Bumblefoot - Ruined CD with his overdubs, but that's not really his fault. He also doesn't really fit in well with the current band dynamic and is just a poor man's Buckethead. That being said, he's great to the fans and seems to be one of the only guys in the band interested in moving forward.

Fortus - Shitty tone, ruins every solo he plays except his own spot.

Stinson - Seems like an absolute dick. I imagine him being the guy who, when proposed the idea of playing a new song, is like "fuck that I'm not learning Locomotive". He's also the guy who makes security take peoples' cameras away according to that guy who streamed a couple American shows last year. He seems to have appointed himself the second in command after Axl and I don't like it. His solo spots all suck besides Sonic Reducer.

Frank - Horribly average drummer who cannot play Nightrain, Patience or Brownstone.

Dizzy - Seems like a bit of a dick, but meh. Does his job well. No complaints.

Pitman - No complaints.

I met Dizzy in Greenville, SC... i was in town working so i was able to catch their show. I was driving down the road and saw him walking on the sidewalk. i couldnt believe it, if GNR werent in town he would have looked like some borderline homeless guy. i pulled a u-turn thinking i would say hi... he was hangin out under a tree in the local mall parking lot. the guy was a total flake and kind of a dick. i ended up not getting out of my car because he seemed like such an idiot. i was like fuck it, i dont even want this guy's autograph.

/SOB

pretty spot on... I honestly think the only current member of the band that really wants to move the band forward is Ashba. the other guys just do it because it pays well... with Ashba i get the feeling he really aspires to leave a mark on this band, he'll never do it but at least he's motivated

Ron's playing just doesn't make sense with this band. I'm really starting to miss Fink. I wouldn't miss DJ Ashba™ either. If he was only as creative as he appears to try and make us believe with his scrubs and persona. Though I'm not buying it.....

I think that he would keep it close to the album. It would be nice to see him play it.

i'm praying we see robin finally perform TIL live on the current tour. i can see robin use the same passion and energy on TIL like he did on Better with the one off on the previous tour. it was a big highlight and tour stealer moment

i'm praying we see robin finally perform TIL live on the current tour. i can see robin use the same passion and energy on TIL like he did on Better with the one off on the previous tour. it was a big highlight and tour stealer moment

That would be a nice surprise.

DJ ASHBA

Nothing against the guy. He seems like a quality guy who is just likes to play the guitar. Yeah I think he looks ridiculous, but whatever.

BUMBLEFOOT

I remember when he came on here and trashed a lot of fans. I wasn't impressed. Additionally I don't care for his music.

TOMMY STINSON

Someone above said they got the impression that Tommy thinks he's second in command. I can believe that. I haven't gone to a GNR show so I can't say much.

RICHARD FORTUS

He's my favorite member in GN'R. I like his style and I like what he can do.

DIZZY REED

He plays a mean keyboard.

CHRIS PITMAN

I like him. Silkworms is my favorite New GN'R song. The introduction (by Chris Pitman) was ridiculously cool in 2001 and I wish I could hear it on an album. Brilliant stuff.

FRANK FERRER

Did I spell his name right, I don't know. He's the drummer. Who gives a shit.

AXL ROSE

By far my least favorite member of GNR. He is apathetic and miserable. Rock in Rio was embarrassing. Anyone who forgets their own lyrics should do some serious thinking about their career. He also shows no regard to his fans; he shows up late, out of shape, out of tune, and unrehearsed. I have really nothing favorable to say about him besides the fact I like his contribution to very few writing credits.

i think that was a fair post nate.

i dont dislike anyone except stinson who apparently had it out for buckethead, which is unacceptable.

bumble displays balls from time to time, i like that.

Edited by Jackie Moon