Why do you dislike the members of (New) GN'R?

Vincent Vega

Tommy - He seems to have appointed himself the second in command after Axl and I don't like it.

Well, Axl did name him The General. Apparently Tommy's in charge of leading the rehearsals and what not. So I honestly don't think he appointed himself as second in command. And I've never witnessed him being a jerk at concerts. He seemed really friendly towards me whenever I called his name and took his picture. The guy is also hilarious on stage. I like Tommy a lot.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw him with soul asylum.. Tommy is one of the nicest down to earth people around, he stuck around signed t-shirts ect.. If hes a jerk i sure dont get it....

Tommy - He seems to have appointed himself the second in command after Axl and I don't like it.

Well, Axl did name him The General. Apparently Tommy's in charge of leading the rehearsals and what not. So I honestly don't think he appointed himself as second in command. And I've never witnessed him being a jerk at concerts. He seemed really friendly towards me whenever I called his name and took his picture. The guy is also hilarious on stage. I like Tommy a lot.

Stop what? They werent originals, tracci and Ole were the originals, Slash n Duff, were just considered the classic line up... I dont see how its 'shit' its just a simple fact....

seing is how duff and slash never were originals, they were from the classic lineup but not original

Oh for the love of god stop it, not this shit again.

I like them,and i have gone to 2 shows 2006,2010.But i love the old band,new guns they are not even close to the old band.And i think their time its over,the dont have anything new to show,and after nearly a decade of shows,they are not amazing at all,the worst axl.

"Why do you dislike the members of (New) GN'R?"

I don't.

Wasn't a big fan of the bucket and Finck, but the current band is awesome.

i'm a big fan of robin and bucket lol robin and bucket take guns n roses 2 the next level of rock epicness on the chinese democracy record. they take it higher than slash ever did on the illusions

Bucket, although a brilliant guitarist was just too much of an excentric for a rock band as GnR. Robin Finck was a bit of a weirdo too sometimes and just looked clumsy on stage being that tall...

The current lineup is quite good and balanced and DJ's the first guitarist in nu GnR to fill up a bit of the void of Slash not being there.

Outside of disliking CD, I've sen a good deal of hate and bashing toward the actual members of the band, not toward their abilities but towards them in general--calling them hacks and scabs, mocking them as "The Employees", etc, almost as if the people who dislike them dislike them on a sort of personal level. If you dislike any of the members of GN'R who have been in the band since 1997, why do you dislike them? I mean criticizing a guy's playing or ability is one thing, which comes down to taste, which is totally subjective, but I've never understood the need to hate the band members as people, I mean for example the way people hate Dizzy and Bumblefoot in particular. I mean, I think Bumblefoot's gimmick is cheesy and that he's not as good as Bucket was and may not be good for GN'R (yet to be seen, really) but I don't hate him as a person.

All the fellas are top notch..great people...proficient at doing their jobs. The question is, has been and UNTIL they produce equal or better music on their own as a band will be :Are They GUNS AND ROSES??? No...IMO for the better part of a decade they have been collectively a nostalgia tour band playing music that is 10-26 years old written and performed by the real deal. Replacements of replacements..largely ignored by mainstream outlets that would shed light on them as a band...ideas that they are developing as GNR......as it is ..its stale...cliche and kind of maddening to be involved with a "band" who in no ways bear the iconic association that GNR was when they were the biggest thing on the planet. Its a meal ticket..a steady gig and its ridding in on the coattails of those that clawed their way out of the gutter to get GNR the lasting name recognition it still enjoy today. I see it for what it is... its like a touring broadway production where the tour cast is not the broadway cast but the tickets get sold and the money gets made. Its safe to say that most of us have accepted that it is what it is and chances are there isnt a fire under Axls and cos Ass to stay in the game as players... either way the shows fill the seats and endless touring pays the bills. Otherwise the new music would be out there given the talent that this group has individually. Axl has aid this is a band and many of you take him at his word. We know that Axls word is to be trusted as gospel truth now dont we???????????

Think about it... Fink replaced Slash...and promptly when no where with his career. No world class recognition...no limelight promotions or magazine exposes...nothing that would have made him a superstar sidekick to Axl and GNR as the reigning kings....he came and went still slagged for his participation by many....adored by some. And yet his replacement faithfully attempts to play his contribution YEARS down the road... and the same could be said of Buckethead as well...but i always believed that BH is at his best doing his SOLO act...his contributions were remarkable but in GNR ...his cheesy schtick made a mockery of GNRs image that was o carefully created and honed to perfection by Axl and Slash and duff and Izzy and Steven......

Outside of disliking CD, I've sen a good deal of hate and bashing toward the actual members of the band, not toward their abilities but towards them in general--calling them hacks and scabs, mocking them as "The Employees", etc, almost as if the people who dislike them dislike them on a sort of personal level. If you dislike any of the members of GN'R who have been in the band since 1997, why do you dislike them? I mean criticizing a guy's playing or ability is one thing, which comes down to taste, which is totally subjective, but I've never understood the need to hate the band members as people, I mean for example the way people hate Dizzy and Bumblefoot in particular. I mean, I think Bumblefoot's gimmick is cheesy and that he's not as good as Bucket was and may not be good for GN'R (yet to be seen, really) but I don't hate him as a person.

All the fellas are top notch..great people...proficient at doing their jobs. The question is, has been and UNTIL they produce equal or better music on their own as a band will be :Are They GUNS AND ROSES??? No...IMO for the better part of a decade they have been collectively a nostalgia tour band playing music that is 10-26 years old written and performed by the real deal. Replacements of replacements..largely ignored by mainstream outlets that would shed light on them as a band...ideas that they are developing as GNR......as it is ..its stale...cliche and kind of maddening to be involved with a "band" who in no ways bear the iconic association that GNR was when they were the biggest thing on the planet. Its a meal ticket..a steady gig and its ridding in on the coattails of those that clawed their way out of the gutter to get GNR the lasting name recognition it still enjoy today. I see it for what it is... its like a touring broadway production where the tour cast is not the broadway cast but the tickets get sold and the money gets made. Its safe to say that most of us have accepted that it is what it is and chances are there isnt a fire under Axls and cos Ass to stay in the game as players... either way the shows fill the seats and endless touring pays the bills. Otherwise the new music would be out there given the talent that this group has individually. Axl has aid this is a band and many of you take him at his word. We know that Axls word is to be trusted as gospel truth now dont we???????????

Think about it... Fink replaced Slash...and promptly when no where with his career. No world class recognition...no limelight promotions or magazine exposes...nothing that would have made him a superstar sidekick to Axl and GNR as the reigning kings....he came and went still slagged for his participation by many....adored by some. And yet his replacement faithfully attempts to play his contribution YEARS down the road... and the same could be said of Buckethead as well...but i always believed that BH is at his best doing his SOLO act...his contributions were remarkable but in GNR ...his cheesy schtick made a mockery of GNRs image that was o carefully created and honed to perfection by Axl and Slash and duff and Izzy and Steven......

robin was great in guns n roses. mtv vma 2002. live shows in 2002. 2006 live shows. robin's epic solos and riffs on better, twat, sod, and til. the mystery surrounding his departure. and his historic one off return with better on the last tour. robin rocks. maybe axl brings robin back lol

Stop what? They werent originals, tracci and Ole were the originals, Slash n Duff, were just considered the classic line up... I dont see how its 'shit' its just a simple fact....

seing is how duff and slash never were originals, they were from the classic lineup but not original

Oh for the love of god stop it, not this shit again.

It's shit because that point is irrelevant by now. No one cares about Ole Beich or Tracci as far as Gn'R. Bringing them up is pointless.

I don't hate anyone in the band.

However, I can't stand how some people fawn all over these guys (except Axl) like they're the best thing since sliced bread. If ANY of these current "band members" left tomorrow, you wouldn't give two shits about their solo albums or what they're up to, much like Robin, Buckethead, Brain, Tobias etc. (I know, I know - there will be always be the one guy on here who'll say "I CARE!!") Whatever. They just don't have the personality or chemistry that Duff, Slash and Izzy had.

At this point, they're all replaceable. I can't stand the phony love some people have on here for them. Oh, and before you slam me for being a hater, I've seen this current lineup probably 5 times, but it's for Axl, not the neverending solos, or because I enjoy hearing Bumble play the Pink Panther theme, or Stinson singing Motivation.

Um....wrong on all counts. I love Buckethead's solo material, and being in GNR did a TON to boost his solo fanbase. GNR and NIN have a tremendous overlap in fanbase, including Axl and Trent being mutual fans, so Robin goes without saying. Tobias was nobody when he joined GNR, and he's still nobody.

As for the current guys, most except for Ashba who had solo careers before/during their time in GNR have built a fanbase out of their GNR tenure. Bucket and Tommy are both doing solo songs during GNR shows at this point, and most people who could name the whole lineup are getting to know their back catalogs. I guess Dj is the one exception, as people have mixed reactions to his Sixx:AM and Beautiful Creatures work. I, for one, was already a huge Ashba fan before he joined, and was thrilled when he was added. I'd be crushed if he left.

Basically, lots of people - not "that one guy" - will care. Most people who actually follow this band and know anything about the current line-up would be sad to see lots of the current line-up walk away. You're wrong.

I disagree. Tobias was a nobody, but Buckethead is a nobody to me too. Let him wear his mask and do his weird performance art someplace else. That's not Guns n Roses to me. And like someone else said, when this band I see onstage every night finally goes into the studio and records an album TOGETHER, then maybe I'll believe that there's some true chemistry outside of playing live. And I'm willing to be that lots of people won't be crushed if and when any or all of these guys leave. They'll just defend whatever replacement musician comes in to take over, and all except the die-hard fans of their solo works (like in this instance - you with Ashba or Bucket) will forget that any of these guys ever existed.

robin was great in guns n roses. mtv vma 2002. live shows in 2002. 2006 live shows. robin's epic solos and riffs on better, twat, sod, and til. the mystery surrounding his departure. and his historic one off return with better on the last tour. robin rocks. maybe axl brings robin back lol

Robin has his moments..his cat in the hat sox though on the 2002 and his NIN persona was pure silly..plus he fucked up solos all the time...but that wasnt my point about Robin...it actually was in sympathy for a guitarist that burned 10 plus years in GNR and we got...1 1/4 tours and zero albums in that period of time...and very very few people knew(or cared) he was a gun slinger in Axls redone Guns and Roses. He came and went and for all purposes is a footnote in the history of GNR. No way no how did he get a run at really truly being able to fill Slashes shoes. Slashes music with GNR is played everywhere still and people know it as Slash...play anything off of CD and 90% go who is this???

Again no one really relates to this band as a band...some of you do and thats cool..but to me as a musician...i just dont feel the chemistry there....Ask yourself this simple question... would this band spontaneously have come together on its own?? would this combination of people have happened at the street level .....is this a contrived studio band ..like most of pop music is today? there more to being a "band" than playing your instrument well...there is a x factor in there....im saying im not sure this "band" has it because i have yet to hear anything original from them...all they play at the moment are covers.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

lol

so many additions to my ignore list.

I'm sure we're all equally thrilled to see who's on your ignore list. Please do share.

lol

so many additions to my ignore list.

I'm sure we're all equally thrilled to see who's on your ignore list. Please do share.

Carne_asaDA

Returned 9870 Yes Yes Remove

moreblack

Members 27093 Yes Yes Remove

sofine11

Members 3510 Yes Yes Remove

droezle

Members 6868 Yes Yes Remove

Naupis

Members 2201 Yes Yes Remove

SONOFABITCH

Returned 2180 Yes Yes Remove

saulhudson88

Members 1880 Yes Yes Remove

xGNRxSTARx

Members 5060 Yes Yes Remove

gnr-dave

Returned 1719 Yes Yes Remove

Original GNR

Members 300 Yes Yes Remove

GeorgeGlass

Members 1382 Yes Yes Remove

arnold layne

Returned 5608 Yes Yes Remove

bringbackadler

Returned 1069 Yes Yes Remove

31illusions

Members 1184 Yes Yes Remove

SunnyDRE

Members 12702 Yes Yes Remove

axlfan88

Members 2236 Yes Yes Remove

Snowmass

Returned 931 Yes Yes Remove

star

Returned 2184 Yes Yes Remove

bacardimayne

Returned 4376 Yes Yes Remove

sourdeezl

Returned 64 Yes Yes Remove

auad

Members 644 Yes Yes Remove

pi2loc

Supporters 2138 Yes Yes Remove

vaida

Members 748 Yes Yes Remove

The_Universal_Sigh

Members 261 Yes Yes Remove

Appetite for Original

Returned 17 Yes Yes Remove

lol

Guest Len B'stard

why on earth would anyone ignore moreblack? He's like the straightest shooting kiddy on this whole forum.