GN'R Plan Late Shows In Advance

Obvious Slashite is obvious.

An obvious Slashiste who hates Axl so much he's just dropped nearly $350 on this?

33c15f0a.jpg

That's before expenses too! I bet your brain's about to explode right now innit?

"Aarrrrgghhhhhh, does, not compute! Doesn't, hate, Slash, but, buys, Guns, ticket!!!!!"

Head_explodes.gif

I was responding to the guy who said Slash and Izzy would never put up with Axl's behavior. Read the thread.

The guy who was referring to Axl's behaviour in reference to late starts which all of the old members have cited as being one of the things they hated dealing with in the past!

Edited by Dazey

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

concerts usually start around 7. axl gets on stage at 9. and hits the bus around 11 LOL

The doors usually open around seven, the opener is on stage around nine, Axl heads to the venue for eleven, sits in the limo feeling fine.

what does axl do in the limo? hmmm. where's my limo? LOL

concerts usually start around 7. axl gets on stage at 9. and hits the bus around 11 LOL

The doors usually open around seven, the opener is on stage around nine, Axl heads to the venue for eleven, sits in the limo feeling fine.

Actually Axl stays at the hotel then he leaves. I don't believe he stays in the limo for a long period of time.

Actually Axl stays at the hotel then he leaves. I don't believe he stays in the limo for a long period of time.

lets' got to the hotel and hang with axl

Honestly, as surprising as it is, there aren't nearly as many late-start complaint articles in the US as there are from Europe. I wonder why that is?

Essentially, British do not party or socialize as late as Americans do and hence suffer greater irritation when Axl decides to start shows later than what they're normally accustomed.

Andrew

Where are you getting this from? Show me some articles or some personal experience of this. And please, don't tell me to watch american pie.

Honestly, as surprising as it is, there aren't nearly as many late-start complaint articles in the US as there are from Europe. I wonder why that is?

Essentially, British do not party or socialize as late as Americans do and hence suffer greater irritation when Axl decides to start shows later than what they're normally accustomed.

Andrew

Where are you getting this from? Show me some articles or some personal experience of this. And please, don't tell me to watch american pie.

Not going to repeat myself, see my response above...

I'm not talking about being late I'm talking about behavior in general dumbass.

In that case take it to the "Slash and Izzy are Big Old Meanies" thread cos it's got nothing to do with the topic being discussed in here! :thumbsup:

This sounds to me like the band and GnR camp is doing a courtesy to the road / show crews. I bet they don't KNOW the show will start late, but the fact is 99.99% of GnR shows DO start late. From what I read, this is GnR informing the crew of when to packup the stage when the show is over??? So instead of telling the crew to be ready at 10:30 to take the stage apart, they tell them don't show up until 1:30, because 99.99% of the time that's when the teardown happens, and they don't want them sticking aruond for 3 hours for nothing and waste their time.

I don't get the controversy, more made up stuff that makes no difference to anything.

They regularly keep audiences waiting for two hours or more – and when Rose finally appears he’s been known to stop songs and threatens to walk off if the crowd don’t stop expressing their upset.

See this is just what absolutely irks me. The way he handles it. He does wrong, for absolutely no apparent reason, and gets mad at the people getting upset by it. "Why how dare you question me you crowd of insignificant peasants, for I am the Great Axl Rose!!" Mind-fuckin'-boggling.The crowd shouldn't throw shit, I agree with that much, but there does seem to be a correlation between Axl being late just cause he feels like it, and the audience throwing shit. It's a catch 22. Disrespect that leads to more disrespect, and Axl's always throwing the first swing. And being disrespected is not something the audience should just have to cope with.

The least he can do is apologize, or politely address the situation in some manner instead of acting like a spoiled prima donna. The audience does have a right to feel upset for this crap.

smokin doobies drinking wine.......

Source: http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/guns-nroses-late-show-was-planned-13-hours-in-advance/

----

The previous month, responding to criticism after being two hours late for their Rock in Rio show, a post on GnR’s Facebook page said: “Treat yourself don’t cheat yourself thinking you’re gonna go to school or work or whatever you ‘normally’ do the next day. This is Guns n’Roses and when the time is right the stage will ignite.”

I don't know why people can't figure this out / understand it. It's a rock show. If you're planning on a quiet night and an early evening to be bright eyed and busy tailed for work the next day - don't go! Instead don't buy a ticket, look at yourself in the mirror, and ask yourself when you became so LAME you can't spare a few hours in your life once in a while for yourself, as you're waking up the next morning at 6am to scoot off to work or school or whatever else you've been conditioned to do.

Because it is not that easy for some people mate..I passed on the NuGuns show here recently because I did not want the babysitter to have to wait until 3am for us to get home, I have a job where not being on top of my game is an option and I can't afford to waste a day off to see a concert the night before...

And amazingly just about every other concert I go to, and I go to a fair amount, the headliner gets on stage at a reasonable time so people can enjoy the show and not worry about getting home late....imagine that?..............

Source: http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/guns-nroses-late-show-was-planned-13-hours-in-advance/

----

The previous month, responding to criticism after being two hours late for their Rock in Rio show, a post on GnR’s Facebook page said: “Treat yourself don’t cheat yourself thinking you’re gonna go to school or work or whatever you ‘normally’ do the next day. This is Guns n’Roses and when the time is right the stage will ignite.”

I don't know why people can't figure this out / understand it. It's a rock show. If you're planning on a quiet night and an early evening to be bright eyed and busy tailed for work the next day - don't go! Instead don't buy a ticket, look at yourself in the mirror, and ask yourself when you became so LAME you can't spare a few hours in your life once in a while for yourself, as you're waking up the next morning at 6am to scoot off to work or school or whatever else you've been conditioned to do.

Because it is not that easy for some people mate..I passed on the NuGuns show here recently because I did not want the babysitter to have to wait until 3am for us to get home, I have a job where not being on top of my game is an option and I can't afford to waste a day off to see a concert the night before...

And amazingly just about every other concert I go to, and I go to a fair amount, the headliner gets on stage at a reasonable time so people can enjoy the show and not worry about getting home late....imagine that?..............

Then go see the other bands, don't compain and have someone change to accomodate you.

You obviously aren't willing to change your schedule to accomodate what is likely a once every 2 or 3 year Guns n Roses apperance in your area.

Yet you want one of the last remaining legitimate Rock n Roll bands to change, to accomodate your normal everyday 9-5 lifestyle, so you can enjoy a Rock N roll show? Pot calling the kettle black - imagine that?

You should also change your handle, so something like "Retired can't stay up past my bedime anymore, over the hill classicrawker".

Training wheels aren't cool - whether it's to protect you when you're learning to ride a bike when you're young, or when you're too old to keep your balance and try to ride a bike when you get too old. Maybe a reality check is in order, or you can buy a sportscar instead of complaining about a rock concert being late, to help with that midlife crisis.

Edited by kbirdie76

Then go see the other bands, don't compain and have someone change to accomodate you.

You obviously aren't willing to change your schedule to accomodate what is likely a once every 2 or 3 year Guns n Roses apperance in your area.

Yet you want one of the last remaining legitimate Rock n Roll bands to change, to accomodate your normal everyday 9-5 lifestyle, so you can enjoy a Rock N roll show? Pot calling the kettle black - imagine that?

You should also change your handle, so something like "Retired can't stay up past my bedime anymore, over the hill classicrawker".

Training wheels aren't cool - whether it's to protect you when you're learning to ride a bike when you're young, or when you're too old to keep your balance and try to ride a bike when you get too old. Maybe a reality check is in order, or you can buy a sportscar instead of complaining about a rock concert being late, to help with that midlife crisis.

I don't think I've ever read a bigger load of bollocks in all my life! :lol:

I don't think I've ever read a bigger load of bollocks in all my life! :lol:

dog's bollocks

I was think it's the time difference. He was pretty early in Asia.

----

Wow. You really are a rock n roll bad ass, aren't ya.

Going on late doesn't make you a legitimate rock star, it means you are an inconsiderate prick. A legitimate rock star cares about the fans that made him a millionaire. The fans that made him famous.

And just because education isn't something that is important to you, you love making burritos at Taco Bell, and your parents aren't charging you rent yet, doesn't mean older fans are lame because we attended college, have real jobs that pay us ten times more than what you make, and we have families to take care. A lot of us have been fans for longer than you have been alive, and have attended more concerts than your age.

Go ahead and make fun of older fans. While you and your boys eat dominos pizza, play video games and top off the night by fighting over who will be the center receiver in the group circle jerk....the older fans are living in nice houses, driving new cars and have bank accounts with more than $18 in them.

It's well known that Axl is nocturnal. Coming on at 11:00pm for him is like somebody else coming on at 5:00 or 6:00. It is what it is, I really don't understand why people continue to make such a big deal about it.

The one issue that I do understand is getting home afterwards. In certain cities like Toronto, New York, London, there is 24-hour public transit so it's not a big deal. In some cities, however, trains or buses home stop at a certain time so people can be stranded. However, they can always take the car or get into a taxi.

Tickets should say start time 9:00pm. The opener comes on around 9 or 9:15, plays for an hour, GNR comes on around 11. Sippin a drink and feeling fine.

In London, even though we have 24 hour buses it is still a nightmare. The underground and overground rail services end before 1am, and so having to get buses home takes a very very long time. My route tonight for instance:

-40 minutes to get to the O2 (overground, and then a tube line)

-2 buses which will take between 2.5-3 hours.

Considering I'm a huge GNR fan and I have nothing to do tomorrow, I don't mind, but I can understand why some people would be put out by it.

In London, even though we have 24 hour buses it is still a nightmare. The underground and overground rail services end before 1am, and so having to get buses home takes a very very long time. My route tonight for instance:

Considering I'm a huge GNR fan and I have nothing to do tomorrow, I don't mind, but I can understand why some people would be put out by it.

Where are you travelling from man? I'm working in Hull until 5pm tomorrow then heading straight to the O2 as soon as I'm done. It's about 4-5 hours total travel time!

----

Wow. You really are a rock n roll bad ass, aren't ya.

Going on late doesn't make you a legitimate rock star, it means you are an inconsiderate prick. A legitimate rock star cares about the fans that made him a millionaire. The fans that made him famous.

And just because education isn't something that is important to you, you love making burritos at Taco Bell, and your parents aren't charging you rent yet, doesn't mean older fans are lame because we attended college, have real jobs that pay us ten times more than what you make, and we have families to take care. A lot of us have been fans for longer than you have been alive, and have attended more concerts than your age.

Go ahead and make fun of older fans. While you and your boys eat dominos pizza, play video games and top off the night by fighting over who will be the center receiver in the group circle jerk....the older fans are living in nice houses, driving new cars and have bank accounts with more than $18 in them.

Jesus Christ. I agree with your main sentiment and think the post you quoted is as ridiculous as you do but man half the shit you're saying in this post.....

I like you Groghan but you get too worked up about immature posts and end up saying immature conceded shit back. I can't stand people bragging about "new cars", "nice houses".... I have a pretty good car, nice apartment, etc. but who fucking cares, I don't give a hot fuck whether my car is nicer than anyone elses or not and to people who do, and brag about it - get over yourselves.

It's obvious to anyone who thinks even the slightest bit independently from Axl's brain case that what he is doing here is clearly wrong, childish, and probably stems from mental issues. His pathological lying to explain himself and his determined need to place blame elsewhere point in that direction too. He knows it's wrong and unjustifiable as he lies about it to place blame elsewhere and isn't a complete idiot, in some way he knows, but through an act of doublethink he simultaneously believes it's perfectly okay and completely justified. That's a problem upstairs, man.

Edited by The_Universal_Sigh

It's very simple. In America if you head to a bar that has 2 or 3 bands on a Friday or Saturday night, the headliner starts around 11:30 and plays until 2am (about the time of last-call). Axl likes this schedule. I'm not an Axl appologist by any means. I went to the RnR HOF Ceremony and I think it was a dick-move for him to not attend. But Axl doesn't care that your priorities have changed over time. He doesn't care that you got a baby-sitter. He doesn't care that you haven't thought about how you are getting home after the metro shuts down. He doesn't care that you have a meeting at 8am. It's not an accident that the show goes late. He wants to give his best performance and obviously he thinks that by keeping to this schedule, he can do just that.

I do however think the opener's start time as well as headliner's start time should be advertised and noted on the ticket stub.

Where are you travelling from man? I'm working in Hull until 5pm tomorrow then heading straight to the O2 as soon as I'm done. It's about 4-5 hours total travel time!

I'm travelling from South London, Surbiton to be more precise.