band delay three hours and 60% of the public walks away

auad

1338399743_axlrose.jpg

The GNR is notorious for climbing on stage later, from the time the band was Guns N 'Roses, but the patience of the fans was tested last night [May 29] when the group took the stage not to after 11 pm - three hours later than advertised.

The band performed at Manchester's Arena, and according to the organizers, the show should have closed at 11pm. The band hit the stage at 23:15, played a set of 33 songs for three hours, and ended his performance at 2:15 in the morning. At the end of the show, only 6000 people persisted at the site - 10,000 less than they had entered.

Many who attended the concert enervaram up and protested via Twitter. Alison Parker tweeted: "I'm a bitch. Guns N 'Roses? No, Goons and Losers [something like 'stupid and losers']. I had to leave to catch the last train before they agraciassem us with their presence. Disgusted. "An audience member also allegedly showed his anger by playing a brooch in Axl Rose, who struck during 'Welcome To The Jungle'.

http://playadelnacho.wordpress.com/2012/05/30/gnr-mkvii-banda-atrasa-tres-horas-e-60-do-publico-vai-embora/

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So much wrong with this article. But if 6K of 10K were still there then only 40% walk away. They can't even get basic math right...

Edit:

Egg on my face. I thought it read that 10K was total....

Wow, the fact (it must be fact if it is in the article) that they sold 16K tickets for a Tuesday night show is pretty good!

Edited by Coma16

So much wrong with this article. But if 6K of 10K were still there then only 40% walk away. They can't even get basic math right...

If you are going to make shit up at least get some facts straight (not htread op but the news place)

I think they were talking about 6,000 out of the 16,000 capacity venue which is 37.5% remaining.

I think they were talking about 6,000 out of the 16,000 capacity venue which is 37.5% remaining.

Which gives you "10,000 less than...", exactly the words I read. Who's the idiot now? Hello Coma16 :D.

Which gives you "10,000 less than...", exactly the words I read. Who's the idiot now? Hello Coma16 :D.

Egg on my face. I thought it read that 10K was total....

Wow, the fact (it must be fact if it is in the article) that they sold 16K tickets for a Tuesday night show is pretty good!

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I was just about to say that. :lol:

The issue isn't how accurate the news report is.

The issue is the band performing at a time (whatever time that was) that ended up with almost half the crowd leaving before the end of the show.

I would never leave a GnR show early. But I can understand why fans do.

I was waiting on someone to give them a math lesson

thats the way I read it too

but everyone knows the drill beforehand, he's coming on around 11, thats just the way it is

but the bottom line is Axl should knock that shit off

The issue isn't how accurate the news report is.

The issue is the band performing at a time (whatever time that was) that ended up with almost half the crowd leaving before the end of the show.

I would never leave a GnR show early. But I can understand why fans do.

exactly.and it doesn't matter if 40 or 60 percent or whatever.What Axl is doing is in general disrespectful and not right.