band delay three hours and 60% of the public walks away

auad

It's obvious they should mark the more probable start times on the tickets, but due to the fact they're breaking a curfew and not supposed to be going on at that time anyway, maybe that's why they can't? It'd be the venue pretty much openly admitting the curfew meant fuck all in advance, rather than giving GN'R a slap on the wrist in the aftermath as is usually the case.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I´m not going to justify the late start/delay but if you go to a GNR show you already know the late start goes in the package. It is not new and it´s been this way since the old days. I know waiting sucks and that people have their own lives and all but man, this is what it is, you take it or leave it.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I´m not going to justify the late start/delay but if you go to a GNR show you already know the late start goes in the package. It is not new and it´s been this way since the old days

Not all people know this though. People don't seem to understand that not everyone are hardcore fans like us that knows everything there is to know about the band. Half of the people that attend these shows probably can't even name any more band members than Slash and Axl. Something to think about when you make arguments like this.

Think of it this way, how many of the bands you've seen live do you know all the facts about? How many of them can you name every member of? I know there isn't many that I can do that with. The normal thing is that bands go on stage when they are supposed to. People on these boards are morons when they say that people should expect it and somehow even tries to justify it sometimes.

I´m not going to justify the late start/delay but if you go to a GNR show you already know the late start goes in the package. It is not new and it´s been this way since the old days

Not all people know this though. People don't seem to understand that not everyone are hardcore fans like us that knows everything there is to know about the band. Half of the people that attend these shows probably can't even name any more band members than Slash and Axl. Something to think about when you make arguments like this.

Think of it this way, how many of the bands you've seen live do you know all the facts about? How many of them can you name every member of? I know there isn't many that I can do that with. The normal thing is that bands go on stage when they are supposed to. People on these boards are morons when they say that people should expect it and somehow even tries to justify it sometimes.

This ^^^^^ Cheers for saving me repeating myself again!

Yep, I don't see the point of talkin' about lateness though, it will never change. :shrugs:

Yep, I don't see the point of talkin' about lateness though, it will never change. :shrugs:

What the dumbass GnR management could do is warn people about possible lateness in the tickets, or just simply schedule show start for 11:30... That'd help in a way, I guess.

What the dumbass GnR management could do is warn people about possible lateness in the tickets, or just simply schedule show start for 11:30... That'd help in a way, I guess.

How can a band be late to their own shows? If people haven't realised when Guns usually go on, and they still buy tickets and go just to bitch afterwards about the time, they're dumb. Also, I believe it's the venue promoter that's responsible for informing ticket holders of possible late starts, not the band.

Edited by iftheworld

If you've been to see the band before then you get used to waiting.

They hit the stage approximately 90 minutes after Thin Lizzy in Liverpool and maybe 70 minutes after in Newcastle.

Regarding Manchester if I'm not mistaken Thin Lizzy finished their set at 10:05pm and Guns started at 11:15pm.

Last night surprised me because Thin Lizzy started later than usual. Did they start at 8:45pm?

The doors to arena floor opened an hour after the venue's doors opened which I thought was strange.

Regardless of all that I had a great time at the three shows I went to.

1338399743_axlrose.jpg

The GNR is notorious for climbing on stage later, from the time the band was Guns N 'Roses, but the patience of the fans was tested last night [May 29] when the group took the stage not to after 11 pm - three hours later than advertised.

The band performed at Manchester's Arena, and according to the organizers, the show should have closed at 11pm. The band hit the stage at 23:15, played a set of 33 songs for three hours, and ended his performance at 2:15 in the morning. At the end of the show, only 6000 people persisted at the site - 10,000 less than they had entered.

Many who attended the concert enervaram up and protested via Twitter. Alison Parker tweeted: "I'm a bitch. Guns N 'Roses? No, Goons and Losers [something like 'stupid and losers']. I had to leave to catch the last train before they agraciassem us with their presence. Disgusted. "An audience member also allegedly showed his anger by playing a brooch in Axl Rose, who struck during 'Welcome To The Jungle'.

http://playadelnacho.wordpress.com/2012/05/30/gnr-mkvii-banda-atrasa-tres-horas-e-60-do-publico-vai-embora/

Great Picture. Axl Snarls. Goons N' Losers LOL what'll the fans come up with next? LOL Guns N' Fuckin' Roses !!!

Edited by finck6

Simply wow. I can't believe that there are morons on these forums, who after such an incident that half the crowd walked out of a concert they paid with their hard earned money due to time, transport etc restrictions, they just justify this kind of behavior.

This is asshole behavior to the fans, period. If you had to catch the last train home and couldn't see the show, you'd probably feel that this is not how you wanted the night to end.

Not all people are familiar with those delays nor are they willing to deal with that shit. I think that fans should receive their money back for this bullcrap.

Edited by izzydoezit

Simply wow. I can't believe that there are morons on these forums, who after such an incident that half the crowd walked out of a concert they paid with their hard earned money due to time, transport etc restrictions, they just justify this kind of behavior.

This is asshole behavior to the fans, period. If you had to catch the last train home and couldn't see the show, you'd probably feel that this is not how you wanted the night to end.

Not all people are familiar with those delays nor are they willing to deal with that shit. I think that fans should receive their money back for this bullcrap.

I think that fans should receive their money back for this bullcrap[2]

i dont often post over here i spend most of my time at HTGTH, i posted a video of paradise city i filmed and i posted it in the manchester thread over at HTGTH.

3mins into the video i turned the camera around so you can see the crowd, the camera never lies and the arena is still pretty full. some fans did leave but not too many. the upper tier was closed and everyone who bought a ticket for upstairs got moved downstairs... and i met Axl at 4.30am : )

if anyone wants to copy the vid link and post on here then thats fine

I think that fans should receive their money back for this bullcrap[2]

lol wut?

They played a 2 hour plus show and you think they should get their money back?

LOL

Edited by iftheworld

How can a band be late to their own shows? If people haven't realised when Guns usually go on, and they still buy tickets and go just to bitch afterwards about the time, they're dumb. Also, I believe it's the venue promoter that's responsible for informing ticket holders of possible late starts, not the band.

I am guessing Axl lost few fans that night who will not be attending any future shows.......At some point it will reach the point of diminishing returns and he will be playing smaller and smaller venues...but most likely he does not care... :shrugs:

Well, that sums it. Nothing, absolutely nothing can justify Axl being late after over 20 years. It's on purpose. Either to show people he doesn't give a fuck about anyone, not even the fans, or he's trying to keep his image as the always-polemic frontman of the full-of-controvery GnR, but that's getting old.

If the walkout percentage is accurate 10,000 out of 16,000 people leaving the concert can never really be a positive.

Well at that point it's all positive. They can leave when they want to. The true GNR fans stayed and Axl got money from 16,000 people.

Edited by iftheworld

Well, that sums it. Nothing, absolutely nothing can justify Axl being late after over 20 years. It's on purpose. Either to show people he doesn't give a fuck about anyone, not even the fans, or he's trying to keep his image as the always-polemic frontman of the full-of-controvery GnR, but that's getting old.

Nothing, absolutely nothing can justify Axl being late after over 20 years[2]

Bottom line is, whether you admit it or not, MOST people are casual music fans who lile PC and SCOM, and have no idea about the Axl late starts. I cant beleive that this is even an argument.

!. Many cities have a certain time where , if you are in that said city past a that certain time, YOU WILL BE LEFT THERE, with no ride home, because all of the public transportation to the rural areas are shut down.

2. Axl, the band and the venues know this.

3. When it approaches that time people HAVE to leave so they can maintain their jobs and family life and FUCKIN NOT BE HOMELESS for a night.

Look, if Axl has some mental problems to work out before he goes onstage, FINE!

But if he delibratley makes the fans wait, that is selfish, immature, unprofession, and he is a gigantic douche.

I don't know, there was still a hell of a lot of people when the show finished, and the waiting time seemed a lot less than when I've seen them before...

But I'm not really that bothered, because I had an awesome time!

Edited by pobin123

They paid for a 3 hour show? This changes everything.....

See, this is how it works in the real world! If you pay for something and you don't get what you pay for you're entitled to a refund! To most people that makes sense!

You're the reason that a lot of perfectly reasonable people on here get labelled cupcakes!

Edited by Dazey