band delay three hours and 60% of the public walks away

auad

Everything is fine for me when I walk in at 10 PM. No way I am getting there early and turning it into a 6-7 hour ordeal. F that.

I've thought about going later but always got this feeling that I'd walk in and they'd be playing Paradise City.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How come Frank, Thal, Tommy etc....never say a word about late starts? Oh, that's right.....Axl would fire their ass! Nice "band".

Ron complains about the late starts... I don't think Axl gives a fuck, really. I don't know if he gives a fuck about anything at all <_<

Tell Ron nobody asked.

How come Frank, Thal, Tommy etc....never say a word about late starts? Oh, that's right.....Axl would fire their ass! Nice "band".

Ron complains about the late starts... I don't think Axl gives a fuck, really. I don't know if he gives a fuck about anything at all <_<

Tell Ron nobody asked. (I wouldn't know this phrase if not for Axl using it on tv! Yay!)

Ah

So let me get this straight: 60% of the audience = 10k people didn't know that GN'R never eeeeeeeeeever go on stage before 10pm? And 10pm would be early. And besides: They play a 3-hour-set (every fan knows that), so these people would have missed their trains or would have had to leave early anyway! What these people should be complaining about is their very own ignorance. There's no other way to put this, really. <_<

I´m not going to justify the late start/delay but if you go to a GNR show you already know the late start goes in the package. It is not new and it´s been this way since the old days. I know waiting sucks and that people have their own lives and all but man, this is what it is, you take it or leave it.

we know that but not all peopale spend every dany on gnr forums like we do....trust me 60-70% of the people do not know that they will have to waite for 2 or 3 hours....

A more relevant question is: How slow are some fans at ascending the learning curve of figuring out Axl is not going to be on time? It's not rocket science. Play tetris for an hour on your smartphone and get over it.

An even more relevant question is : why do you think casual fans, people who have mostly just heard the Greatest Hits album, know about the actual start times at all ?

And the best question : why do tickets say 9:00pm instead of a more realistic 10:30pm-11:00pm ?

We all know the answer to the second question...

Well maybe Axl would come on stage at 12 or 1 if the ticket would say 10:30 :)

Playing a 3 hour set is all well and good, but it starts too late for most people to catch the bulk, or even any of it. If it started on time maybe non-hardcore GN'R could see all of it and be blown away and GN'R would make new fans instead of pissing people off all the time and constantly getting bad press.

i was on the front barrier, right in front of bumble on the left with my girlfriend and when i looked at the stands during Paradise City, it looked pretty full to me, there were even kidds that looked no older than 11 or 12 close to the front jumping and dancing around at that point.

looking at me ticket now, it does not mention band times, only that doors open at 6:30

How did people expect GnR to be on at 9 when Thin Lizzy didn't finish until 10:08 by my watch?

Did the band go on three hours after the last opening band finished? How long was it after the opening band finished?

I agree that Axl shouldn't be late, but if he was only on an hour-ish after the opening band finished, I really don't see anything wrong with that.

Thin Lizzy finished just before 10:10 and the house lights wen down for GnR at about 11:05

the thing people fail to mention is that THE STAGE HANDS AND ROADIES WERE STILL BUILDING GNRS STAGE AT 10:55!

looking at me ticket now, it does not mention band times, only that doors open at 6:30

Mine says that too for London on Friday. Oh how I'm glad I'm not going to be spending nearly 8 hours in the O2 Arena! £4.50 a pint apparently, according to what I've read. 8 cans on the train and a hipflask for the night it seems!

Cut the instrumental jams and solo's and you get what? A 1 hour 45 minute set?

Can somebody with the livestream tonight please get a stopwatch and time how much of the set is actual songs please?

Personally, i don't care about late starts. I've been there, done that, and worked the next day. I'm just curious as to how they keep selling all those tickets in Europe if 25 to 40% of the crowd consistently walks out due to the band being "late." This is not their first go round over there, not by a long shot. What are these people thinking? "Aw gee maybe he'll be on time this time!" I don't think so folks. He ain't coming on before 10:30, it's just not going to happen, and sometimes it might be midnight. This is not major news, nor has it been since 1991 at the latest.

henry+rollins+stage+sign.jpeg

That is awesome. They should do this every show.

Henry Rollins should stick to his "Sons of anarchy" gig,and keep his fucking Black Flag Trap shut.

Besides,he's a big red Liar. (Watch people not get this)

How cool would it be if someday, for some reason, the band just started playing on time when they are ready, without Axl ?

Would take some huge balls...

Hold your breath until that happens.

People are supposed to assume GNR will go on stage so late? Some of you must still be juveniles the rest of you are just plain ignorant. What happens if GNR is only ten minutes late or thirty minutes late (which has happened)? Should these same fans anticipate the possibility of missing the start of the show? Why does Axl insist on being such a loathsome character? It's really not funny anymore. At this point I feel like I watching a train wreck. I just can't stop looking...?

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

People are supposed to assume GNR will go on stage so late? Some of you must still be juveniles the rest of you are just plain ignorant. What happens if GNR is only ten minutes late or thirty minutes late (which has happened)? Should these same fans anticipate the possibility of missing the start of the show? Why does Axl insist on being such a loathsome character? It's really not funny anymore. At this point I feel like I watching a train wreck. I just can't stop looking...?

Well said.