band delay three hours and 60% of the public walks away

auad

Did the band go on three hours after the last opening band finished? How long was it after the opening band finished?

I agree that Axl shouldn't be late, but if he was only on an hour-ish after the opening band finished, I really don't see anything wrong with that.

Thin Lizzy finished just before 10:10 and the house lights wen down for GnR at about 11:05

the thing people fail to mention is that THE STAGE HANDS AND ROADIES WERE STILL BUILDING GNRS STAGE AT 10:55!

Then they weren't late. End of story.

I never excuse Axl's lateness, but he didn't go on stage lately. Fact. Maybe 60% walked away because they were there to see Thin Lizzy, not Guns N' Roses.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

axl should know that public transportation works in a different way in europe and show up earlier so the fans can watch the show without worrying about how they will go home. it's about being respectful, really.

axl isn't and has never been.

henry+rollins+stage+sign.jpeg

Henry. He's a dude :D

Maybe 60% walked away because they were there to see Thin Lizzy, not Guns N' Roses.

Now that would be fucking funny! :lol:

In this weeks Kerrang! Magazine they say good things about the Thin Lizzy show. They were impressed.

:rofl-lol: Genius!

Please tell me this was put somewhere near where Axl could see it.

One thing I wonder.... you know how people throw shit, boo, and leave early because he's late? I wonder do people yell shit like

"get on stage on time mother fucker!"

and the like and does he hear it? I just imagine when people throw shit he makes no connection whatsoever that it's because he just made them stand around in their own, and others, piss and sweat for two more hours than they needed.

1338399743_axlrose.jpg

The GNR is notorious for climbing on stage later, from the time the band was Guns N 'Roses, but the patience of the fans was tested last night [May 29] when the group took the stage not to after 11 pm - three hours later than advertised.

The band performed at Manchester's Arena, and according to the organizers, the show should have closed at 11pm. The band hit the stage at 23:15, played a set of 33 songs for three hours, and ended his performance at 2:15 in the morning. At the end of the show, only 6000 people persisted at the site - 10,000 less than they had entered.

Many who attended the concert enervaram up and protested via Twitter. Alison Parker tweeted: "I'm a bitch. Guns N 'Roses? No, Goons and Losers [something like 'stupid and losers']. I had to leave to catch the last train before they agraciassem us with their presence. Disgusted. "An audience member also allegedly showed his anger by playing a brooch in Axl Rose, who struck during 'Welcome To The Jungle'.

http://playadelnacho.wordpress.com/2012/05/30/gnr-mkvii-banda-atrasa-tres-horas-e-60-do-publico-vai-embora/

Aud ,did u have tickets or are you simply being a negative twat? The most casual of fans knows that GNR runs on GNR time,so cry if u must,but be aware it won't change a thing.

crybaby.jpg

hi bro.

not a question of being negative.

hugs.

Awesome sign.

Now watch the fanboys say how they've always thought Henry was overrated and is no good.

Nah,Black Flag/Rollins band ruled in the day but Rollins needs to keep his nose in his own business,not someone else's.

He ain't coming on before 10:30, it's just not going to happen, and sometimes it might be midnight. This is not major news, nor has it been since 1991 at the latest.

He came on at 10:20 in Worcester.

Regardless, people have to realize Axl has not changed and will not change. He has the same issues at age 50 that he had at age 25. Right or wrong, it's silly for anyone to complain about start times. If you buy tickets, prepare for a midnight start time and be happy if they take the stage any sooner. If you can't handle standing in the pit that long, buy a reserved seat ticket. If you can't stay up late the night before a workday, go to a weekend show or take the next day off from work. If none of those things are options, stay home.

He ain't coming on before 10:30, it's just not going to happen, and sometimes it might be midnight. This is not major news, nor has it been since 1991 at the latest.

Regardless, people have to realize Axl has not changed and will not change. He has the same issues at age 50 that he had at age 25. Right or wrong, it's silly for anyone to complain about start times. If you buy tickets, prepare for a midnight start time and be happy if they take the stage any sooner. If you can't handle standing in the pit that long, buy a reserved seat ticket. If you can't stay up late the night before a workday, go to a weekend show or take the next day off from work. If none of those things are options, stay home.

I have to disagree. It's not silly to complain about it. Just because someone does something over and over again doesn't make a wrong right. Being late is wrong. It deserves to be called out. Every time. The end.

I have to disagree. It's not silly to complain about it. Just because someone does something over and over again doesn't make a wrong right. Being late is wrong. It deserves to be called out. Every time. The end.

Axl is the performer, he gets to decide when he starts performing. There's nothing wrong about it. If the tickets had a specified end time printed on them, THEN fans would have a right to complain. Since nothing and nobody promised the fans that the show would be over by a certain time, there is no basis for claims of false advertising or broken promises.

figures an article such as this would show up, (they did this with the LA show/daily fail) they will simply not leave them/Axl alone even if their accomplishment of no one paying attention them (the band) already works by their standards

btw some of these "fans" (mainly some of the "returned") around here, go back to gunsnfn.com, so the nasty, funky smell can at least disappear from around these parts

Edited by Nicc

Axl is the performer, he gets to decide when he starts performing. There's nothing wrong about it. If the tickets had a specified end time printed on them, THEN fans would have a right to complain. Since nothing and nobody promised the fans that the show would be over by a certain time, there is no basis for claims of false advertising or broken promises.

If it was a free performance than yes, Axl could decide whenever he felt like showing up. But people are paying for this. He has an obligation to get his butt on stage in a timely manner.

Awesome sign.

Now watch the fanboys say how they've always thought Henry was overrated and is no good.

Nah,Black Flag/Rollins band ruled in the day but Rollins needs to keep his nose in his own business,not someone else's.

Serious question - not being sarcastic.

Why is it when a reviewer or another singer or celebrity says something positive about Axl, then a group on this forum will load tons of praise on that person. But when a reviewer or singer/celeb says something negative about Axl, then that person needs to shut the f*ck up and mind their own business?

If Rollins had said that Axl was the greatest rock singer of all time, do you think ANYBODY would be posting that he needs to mind his own business?

Awesome sign.

Serious question - not being sarcastic.

Why is it when a reviewer or another singer or celebrity says something positive about Axl, then a group on this forum will load tons of praise on that person. But when a reviewer or singer/celeb says something negative about Axl, then that person needs to shut the f*ck up and mind their own business?

If Rollins had said that Axl was the greatest rock singer of all time, do you think ANYBODY would be posting that he needs to mind his own business?

Honestly and truthfully I am going to be on GNRs side, I don't deny it nor do I understand your abrupt change of policy/preferance that seemed to occur overnight.

It honestly makes me question your alligience and motives,you ate using arguements that other members used on you when you were Pro -GNR.

So Apollo,Groghan,whatever - I always question someone's loyalty that can be bought,or changed at a moments notice.

I'm in for the long haul,Gunner Since 1988.