Will we ever get a new official live album?

Cosmo

It seems Axl isn't really interested in releasing the new studio album we all wish they did. Seems like he's interested in touring non-stop for now, so... Why not release a live album? I know some of you are thinking "his voice is not in shape to make a live album right now" but why not do it like Live Era and take good performances of each song and release a tour-live album? We have bootlegs and live stream but I think an actual live album would make a lot different. Do you guys think we'll ever get a new live album? How would you want it?

Live ERA 2001-2011

That'd be ideal but I don't know if they have quality recordings of good past performances from this period, and I don't think Axl would be up for it, I imagine him wanting to make something with this particular line-up.

Live ERA 2001-2011

That'd be ideal but I don't know if they have quality recordings of good past performances from this period, and I don't think Axl would be up for it, I imagine him wanting to make something with this particular line-up.

Well The Blues and Madagascar sounded much better in 2001-2002. Other than that they can add performances from 2006, 2009, 2010 and 2011 . (especially those kick ass Canadian shows!)

Additional musicians: Buckethead, Brain and Robin Finck :tongue2:

Live ERA 2001-2011

Well The Blues and Madagascar sounded much better in 2001-2002. Other than that they can add performances from 2006, 2009, 2010 and 2011 . (especially those kick ass Canadian shows!)

Sailing should be the new It's Alright.

Live ERA 2001-2011

Exactly! Now I hope this happens just to keep us happy until the new album comes out. Seriously if Axl releases this he can buy himself 2 years to work on the next album.

Guest Gunns

Live ERA 2001-2011

Exactly! Now I hope this happens just to keep us happy until the new album comes out. Seriously if Axl releases this he can buy himself 2 years to work on the next album.

"buys himself 2 years"?

Thi is Axl he can shut up shop tomorrow and go on hiatus for 2 Years without any word, standard logic doesn't apply.

I'd like to see GnR put out a live 86-93 on DVD, and a whole other project where it's a documentary and live clips of the Chinese Democracy songs, and a full length live show, where Chinese Democracy was reissued as a limited Deluxe edition, something exclusively through the website and for the "mom and pop" music stores. That's something that would be when they're off the road for a long time, though.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

No. No record company would want to give out a live album with the new band and Axl won't release one with the old band.

It seems Axl isn't really interested in releasing the new studio album we all wish they did. Seems like he's interested in touring non-stop for now

Axl has expressed interest in releasing a new album on multiple occassions, but said some issues needed to be worked out with the record label.

He's been touring since October. How is that nonstop?

You guys dream up completely false premises and then create these ridiculous threads.

Who knows if his old label wants to even deal with him anymore. They have to have some sort of relationship just for the back catalog.

But I'm thinking back to when Van Morrison self-released "Live at the Hollywood Bowl", he did put the live CD out as a way to put money into it. So if Axl was going to do his own thing and self-release, it prob would be a live CD/DVD. But where the record company takes a hit and they aren't affected, if Axl's putting his own money up for a release and it breaks even, he's kind of screwed.

But if GnR put a 4 song download out the way ZZ Top are, it would get radio play and wouldn't cost a lot of money out of his pocket, then follow it up with a live CD/DVD of the tour, and just see how pre-release sales & orders go. I don't even know how effective a major label could be in promoting the new music vs GnR just booking live gigs. If they wrote the cost of the 4 track EP into the tickets, (5.00 more, and those who don't go, just pay the 5 bucks) where concertgoers would have a "free" download, Axl would easily have the money to record a full length CD and not have it take a bite out of his wallet. He can make money just licensing songs out and private gigs, but this gives fans new music of what he has, and there's no guarantee all the songs would be on there.

GnR's put EPs out in the past, it would be following tradition.

And then when they're in the studio working on the rest of the new songs, could put the live stuff out, pretty much giving the people who went to see them over the past decade their "souvenir" of the tour. Estimated sales - prob. around 2 million worldwide (10,000 in the US, the demand would be higher in other countries), all without the help of a major label, and not even counting what VH1 or Palladia would pay for the rights to air an "edited for TV" version.

NO!

A live album would only delay a new album even more. Axl would re-do his vocals in the studio, along with the guitar players re-doing some or most of their parts. Thats what live albums are, for the most part, they are not live.

Live ERA 2001-2011

Come on mate nobody other than the geeks on the forums care if Axl ever releases another album................

And on topic I don't think we ever get any live materal old Guns or NuGuns unless Axl passes on and his estate cashs in........

Edited by classicrawker