London 1/06/12

gibbinson

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry its taken a few days, have had a hectic weekend since.

Here are the pics of Axl's microphone that I got from the 01/06/12 London O2 show!

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/6261/016ey.jpg

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/3428/017jyq.jpg

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/8391/018npf.jpg

Great gig, great night :thumbsup:

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/6918/105yo.jpg

Edited by CAFC Nick

I saw it in another thread, I think it was literallly entitled 'So who has caught Axl's mic'

I basically copied exactly what the guy said...

I went to the 31st May show with my brother, and I walked backwards from the front during Paradise City to see if I could catch it. It went just over my head, too high to even jump to catch. I then looked around for any notable bits of the arena so I could measure where I was standing and try and amend it for the next night.

The next night I went with my girlfriend and we did the same, but I said we needed to go back slightly further and I told her that I wanted to try and catch it and when Paradise City was coming to an end I told her to get ready to try and get it, was hoping that two of us would have a better chance! (shes like 5'1" but I thought she could try) and then Axl threw it basically into the exact same place as the night before. I managed to grab my hand on it straight away; right into the palm of my hand and I didn't fumble at all. Much respect to the other GN'R fans around me who literally asked if I got it and then bascially said congratulations.

I then put it right under my shirt and tucked it into my belt so that no-one else would try to grab it off me and run. Put it there and then made a pretty quick exit to be honest!

What an experience. Honestly not sure if I would *ever* sell it. The sentimental value of it eclipses any monetary gain. Such a huge GN'R fan and my 6th show and my best memory of a gig EVER.

EDIT: Edited slightly as I just noticed how shocking the grammar was!

Edited by CAFC Nick

That is awesome that you planned it like that, and actually catched it! Congratulation, happy for you!!! I happened to meed the one that catched the mic in Allborg, Denmark in 2010. I god to hold the mic and take a picture with it. Almost got starstruk, haha! You are supr lucky!! :thumbsup:

I saw it in another thread, I think it was literallly entitled 'So who has caught Axl's mic'

I went to the 31st May show with my brother, and I walked backwards from the front during Paradise City to see if I could catch it. It went just over my head, too high to even jump to catch. I then looked around for any notable bits of the arena so I could measure where I was standing and try and amend it for the next night.

The next night I went with my girlfriend and we did the same, but I said we needed to go back slightly further and I told her that I wanted to try and catch it and when Paradise City was coming to an end I told her to get ready to try and get it, was hoping that two of us would have a better chance! (shes like 5'1" but I thought she could try) and then Axl threw it basically into the exact same place as the night before. I managed to grab my hand on it straight away; right into the palm of my hand and I didn't fumble at all. Much respect to the other GN'R fans around me who literally asked if I got it and then bascially said congratulations.

I then put it right under my shirt and tucked it into my belt so that no-one else would try to grab it off me and run. Put it there and then made a pretty quick exit to be honest!

What an experience. Honestly not sure if I would *ever* sell it. The sentimental value of it eclipses any monetary gain. Such a huge GN'R fan and my 6th show and my best memory of a gig EVER.

When you switch it on does it say channel 6 9 ? ;)

I was stood at the back, wanted to see where the mic was going to be thrown and to see if there was an epic fight for it, wasn't bothered about getting it myself (caught one before). But it was surreal, he through it and with all the flashing it was like it vanished, I never saw any scuffle for it, must have been a good catch.

Managed to nab some free standing tix for the 31/05 show - got there during the first song. Was great seeing Izzy! As we got there pretty late we just kinda chilled out near the back/middle. I was wearing ginormous platforms so could see. My feet were freakin' killing me though.

Bumped into a veerrryyy intoxicated Binge_and_Slash as we were exiting the arena (does he still post here??). Sorry we couldn't see you home safely dude :P

We then had seated tix for the 1/06 gig. Our seats were quite crap, so, we made our way to the better seats - stage right, right down the front. Stayed there the whole night.

I enjoyed this night more, largely due to the fact that we were sitting and had copious amounts of chocolate with us this time around.

Talk about it being slag central in the photographers pit though - there must've been, like, 30-odd girls down there at one point. This guy with a pony tail and goatee seemed to be orchestrating it all - where they stood, who stood where, even when they should leave.

At one point Ashba came down towards the front of the stage - slightly off the stage, towards the crowd. This one brunette chick in a black dress turned around, and attempted to kinda 'grind' on his guitar'....even though he was about 5ft away from her. Hilarious.

Edited by drops_of_jupiter

Talk about it being slag central in the photographers pit though - there must've been, like, 30-odd girls down there at one point. This guy with a pony tail and goatee seemed to be orchestrating it all - where they stood, who stood where, even when they should leave.

At one point Ashba came down towards the front of the stage - slightly off the stage, towards the crowd. This one brunette chick in a black dress turned around, and attempted to kinda 'grind' on his guitar'....even though he was about 5ft away from her. Hilarious.

That was Fernando, I think :P He acknowledged me at one point, as did Del.

There weren't that many - but there were certainly enough to make it surreal... he was literally scoping them out and bringing them in. Fair play!

When you switch it on does it say channel 6 9 ? ;)

I was stood at the back, wanted to see where the mic was going to be thrown and to see if there was an epic fight for it, wasn't bothered about getting it myself (caught one before). But it was surreal, he through it and with all the flashing it was like it vanished, I never saw any scuffle for it, must have been a good catch.

Yeh, channel 6 - 9. Didn't want to press any buttons other than switch it to off after I got a chance to look at it. Pretty cool that it says 'bye' when you turn it off haha.

And yeh was a clean catch! Can't really remember how, just remember him launching it, me jumping and sticking out my hand and the next thing i know, straight in my palm :thumbsup: