What's the best New GNR show you've been to?

Randy Lahey

Seen them Edmonton(2006,2010) Calgary(2010) and Vegas(2011), First time seeing them in Edmonton was a dream come true, but the last time in Vegas for the Dec.30 show and hearing Estranged and Civil war for the first time live was amazing, but i can relive that one anytime i want because they streamed it. Hard to say,but either one of those two are my favorites.

I'm a believer that the 2010 canada tour was the best leg of the CD tour by far, probably better than the UYI tour too (post '91). After the first 4 songs or so, you simply didn't know what was coming next, and that was the case pretty well every night. The energy and excitement from both fans and the band have yet to be matched (asia and s america being about even with canada, talking about the fanbase as a whole, not just those at the shows).

As calgary was the second show of that tour, and my first show, it's the best show i've ever been to for sentimental reasons, but in terms of the actual show it's tied with seattle 2011. Seattle was great because of estranged, civil war, and duff, but the band was tighter than in van (especially axl) and the crowd was great too. Also, the dolphin bomb!!

I've seen them four times. Toronto 2002, Toronto 2006, Hamilton 2010 and again in Hamilton in 2011. Without a shadow of a doubt, the show in Hamilton 2011 was my favorite. I know the year before that we heard TWAT but the over all sound was clearer in 2011 and the performance was better.

This is a great thread! :thumbsup:

Although traveling to London,ON for my first GNR show in 10 will always be special, I dont think my 3rd show will ever be topped. I was psyched when the UCAP tour was announced as Ive always fantasized about seeing GNR in a small venue. I fucking love small venues lol. Anyways it was announced to my shock and yet brought me great disappointment... no Detroit. Well a few weeks later that changed and a Detroit show was added out of nowhere.

I got to hang out with Ron (he let me play his guitar, signed shit, pictures, etc), made it to the left barrier in the perfect spot between the center and left, shook Axl's hand multiple times, caught 4 picks (2 from Richard, 1 each from Ron and DJ), killer setlist (my all time favorite, Estranged along with Civil War, You're Crazy, Used to Love Her, Don't Cry, etc), band sounded amazing, Axl sounded amazing, and all the little interactions I had with Axl and the band.

It was like a dream gig haha. All three Guns shows I've seen were mind blowing but that UCAP gig is unmatched, man that tour leg kicked so much ass rock3

What's the best New GNR show you've been to? I've seen them 6 times: Tacoma, 2002; New York (Hammerstein 1), 2006; Everett, 2006; Montreal, 2010; Toronto, 2010; and Vancouver 2011. Montreal was the best by far, although Tacoma was amazing because we had the Buckethead lineup, and Hammerstein was great because we got to hear TWAT, Better and IRS for the first time. Honestly, I really doubt I'll ever see a show as good as Montreal again though. Axl was in another gear that night as you can see in the videos below; he even uses the rasp on November Rain.

my fav guns shows are the ones i went to. the 2002 guns shows

seen them live 4 times, Buenos Aires 2011 was easiliy the best live experience for me, although Rock In Rio had its magic, specially due to Estranged and the surreal atmosphere it created.

Edited by eduardo'GNR

Orlando house of blues this year was the best though I have only seen them twice with the other being Jacksonville in 2006. Orlando was by far the best concert I have ever been to followed by a couple of a7x shows. I would've loved to see them open for gnr a few years ago.

Orlando house of blues this year was the best though I have only seen them twice with the other being Jacksonville in 2006. Orlando was by far the best concert I have ever been to followed by a couple of a7x shows. I would've loved to see them open for gnr a few years ago.