Guns N' Roses ban fans from wearing Slash t-shirts to their UK gigs

Zint

Edit:

There seems to be a glitch.

I didn't start this thread.

First 7 posts were moved here from another thread.

First post (and OP) is post #8

sorry for any confusion..

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Train in 45 minutes! Beer to buy!

Slash shirt? :tongue2:

I bet $20 he won't wear that.

Fucking would if I had one but I'm just stoked to be seeing Uncle Axl again! :D

Someone should try to get in with a Slash shirt while their friend is filming and prove once and fall all who was lying!

That a challenge? I'm meeting a buddy of mine there and I think he has one. Watch this space! ;)

Edited by Dazey

Train in 45 minutes! Beer to buy!

Slash shirt? :tongue2:

I bet $20 he won't wear that.

Fucking would if I had one but I'm just stoked to be seeing Uncle Axl again! :D

Haha! Any bets on me wearing a "Slash is Guns N' Roses" tee at the Mallorca gig? :D

Alright...

First of all, I'd like to say that if true this is fucking bullshit and fuck whoever is enforcing these "rules". People should be able to wear whatever they want. It's just as ridiculous as Morrissey banning people who eat meat from his shows...fuck him too.

That being said, what is exactly the point in going to a NuGnR show dressed like that :

JamesRevellGunsNRoses010612.jpg

I mean, you have the right and I couldn't care less but why not wear a shirt that explicitely says the message you are trying to pass ?

"Fuck y'all nobodies, bring back Slash"

Lack of balls ?

Fans have reported during the UCAP shows that they DID see people walking in with AFD/ Slash shirts or top hats and werent stopped. If it was GN'R ordering this, it would be a uniform policy at all shows.

at one of the UCAP shows, a kid in front of me was wearing an AFD shirt and the security at the door told him he had to take it off or turn it inside out

Doesn't Axl have that image on his arm?

yes he does. Do I think the rule is ridiculous? Yes I do.

While shirts are one thing, I also think its ridiculous to see people dressed up as Slash at current shows.

I have always thought that this whole ban of slash/older guns shirts thing was not Axl, but is either Beta & Co or the promoters. And *if* that is whats going on the only reason why they are doing it is to try to keep any sort of issues with someone in the band getting pissed about it, or people in the crowd fighting over it.

I think alot of this falls back onto Axl because of the whole "gimme that shirt" thing back in the early 2000s.

Funnily enough at the Manchester show I saw a guy wearing a Slash shirt from his 2010 or 2011 tour inside the arena.

However this was before we were allowed to the arena floor so unless a steward had asked him to turn his t-shirt inside out before entering; god knows what happened.

My friend and I thought out loud "That guy's wearing a Slash t-shirt, he's brave...brave."

This is getting stupid if Axl/his management is mandating this grow some balls and own up to it. If he/they are not then they should stop it! It's a damn t-shirt surely Axl cannot be this obsessed.

Alright...

First of all, I'd like to say that if true this is fucking bullshit and fuck whoever is enforcing these "rules". People should be able to wear whatever they want. It's just as ridiculous as Morrissey banning people who eat meat from his shows...fuck him too.

That being said, what is exactly the point in going to a NuGnR show dressed like that :

JamesRevellGunsNRoses010612.jpg

I mean, you have the right and I couldn't care less but why not wear a shirt that explicitely says the message you are trying to pass ?

"Fuck y'all nobodies, bring back Slash"

Lack of balls ?

You can't be serious. If Slash is to have never existed, why not play a whole new set of songs? This kid getting turned away is a disgrace. I don't know what the hell has happened to Axl Rose. Madison got run off from here for reporting this. I believed her story then, and I believe even more now. Axl's hate for Slash is scary. Even if it was just the "GNR Camp" who sent out this decree - it is stil scary.

BTW - May 12, 2006 there was a kid from the forum's dressed like Axl wearing a kilt and he was crows surfing during Paradise City and it was hilarious.

Edited by SONOFABITCH

I think it is the security to be honest, they hear the rumours and the stuff from 9-10 years ago "he's in my ass..." etc. and then think they should enforce that stuff.

the security guy from manchester kept telling people off for having a flash on their phones, because 'Axl demanded it" I cant see this, because it didn't bother him when he was on stage.

there was also a guy about 4 rows back wearing a Slash top hat