Guns N' Roses ban fans from wearing Slash t-shirts to their UK gigs

Zint

Alright...

First of all, I'd like to say that if true this is fucking bullshit and fuck whoever is enforcing these "rules". People should be able to wear whatever they want. It's just as ridiculous as Morrissey banning people who eat meat from his shows...fuck him too.

That being said, what is exactly the point in going to a NuGnR show dressed like that :

JamesRevellGunsNRoses010612.jpg

I mean, you have the right and I couldn't care less but why not wear a shirt that explicitely says the message you are trying to pass ?

"Fuck y'all nobodies, bring back Slash"

Lack of balls ?

It took me a good 15 seconds to realize that picture wasn't of Steven Adler. :rofl-lol:

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is getting stupid if Axl/his management is mandating this grow some balls and own up to it. If he/they are not then they should stop it! It's a damn t-shirt surely Axl cannot be this obsessed.

I refuse to believe this.

What do you refuse to believe?

I think it is the security to be honest, they hear the rumours and the stuff from 9-10 years ago "he's in my ass..." etc. and then think they should enforce that stuff.

the security guy from manchester kept telling people off for having a flash on their phones, because 'Axl demanded it" I cant see this, because it didn't bother him when he was on stage.

there was also a guy about 4 rows back wearing a Slash top hat

As I said in the other thread:

Anyone who wears a Slash solo shirt to a NuGNR gig is looking to stir up shit and probably deserves to be kicked out.

An AFD shirt is one thing, but a Slash or VR shirt is just a "fuck you" to the guys onstage.

Do you think Slash or Myles would care if a fan wore an Axl or an DJ shirt to one of their shows? IMHO I doubt it..........Comeone is Axl or his band mates really that insecure they get worked up over someone wearing a Slash or AFD shirt to their concerts?

Edited by classicrawker

This is getting stupid if Axl/his management is mandating this grow some balls and own up to it. If he/they are not then they should stop it! It's a damn t-shirt surely Axl cannot be this obsessed.

"Guns N' Roses ban fans from wearing Slash t-shirts to their UK gigs"

As I said in the other thread:

Anyone who wears a Slash solo shirt to a NuGNR gig is looking to stir up shit and probably deserves to be kicked out.

An AFD shirt is one thing, but a Slash or VR shirt is just a "fuck you" to the guys onstage.

Do you think Slash or Myles would care if a fan wore an Axl or an DJ shirt to one of their shows? IMHO I doubt it..........Comeone is Axl or his band mates really that insecure they get worked up over someone wearing a Slash or AFD shirt to their concerts?

I doubt any of his bandmates would have a problem. The question is what Axl has a problems with?

You can't be serious. If Slash is to have never existed, why not play a whole new set of songs? This kid getting turned away is a disgrace. I don't know what the hell has happened to Axl Rose. Madison got run off from here for reporting this. I believed her story then, and I believe even more now. Axl's hate for Slash is scary. Even if it was just the "GNR Camp" who sent out this decree - it is stil scary.

BTW - May 12, 2006 there was a kid from the forum's dressed like Axl wearing a kilt and he was crows surfing during Paradise City and it was hilarious.

But...did you read my post ?

I don't support banning shirts and turning people away at all !

It's just that I also think that showing up with that shirt is stupid. It should be allowed but it doesn't make it any less stupider than a guy showing up at a Slash show with a "Where is Axl" shirt...

I don't know what the hell has happened to Axl Rose.

There's evidence that this is happening at some shows, but I don't believe this comes from Axl.

He even came to this board denying this, why would he continue doing it if he was lying? Doesn't make any sense.

Will I be called a "cunt" for this?

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/64110?recache=2

i read this stuff but honestly i think the venues are doing w/o the Guns camp requesting it to be done. EVERY show ive been to and ive been to shows in the USA and Canada and attend 2 different shows that happened to fall on Halloween. I have always seen people w/ Slash shirts and dressed up as Slash. So i think this is just something the media runs with or the security people think its what they should do to prevent Axl from getting spooked.

i read this stuff but honestly i think the venues are doing w/o the Guns camp requesting it to be done. EVERY show ive been to and ive been to shows in the USA and Canada and attend 2 different shows that happened to fall on Halloween. I have always seen people w/ Slash shirts and dressed up as Slash. So i think this is just something the media runs with or the security people think its what they should do to prevent Axl from getting spooked.

The security people stated they were told to do this so does not sound like it was self directed...And if Axl denies this and sees it is going on why not tell his people to stop the nonsense?

I don't know what the hell has happened to Axl Rose.

There's evidence that this is happening at some shows, but I don't believe this comes from Axl.

He even came to this board denying this, why would he continue doing it if he was lying? Doesn't make any sense.

this.

You can't be serious. If Slash is to have never existed, why not play a whole new set of songs? This kid getting turned away is a disgrace. I don't know what the hell has happened to Axl Rose. Madison got run off from here for reporting this. I believed her story then, and I believe even more now. Axl's hate for Slash is scary. Even if it was just the "GNR Camp" who sent out this decree - it is stil scary.

BTW - May 12, 2006 there was a kid from the forum's dressed like Axl wearing a kilt and he was crows surfing during Paradise City and it was hilarious.

But...did you read my post ?

I don't support banning shirts and turning people away at all !

It's just that I also think that showing up with that shirt is stupid. It should be allowed but it doesn't make it any less stupider than a guy showing up at a Slash show with a "Where is Axl" shirt...

The difference is they would not be told to take the "Where's Axl?" shirt off at a Slash show............

Edited by classicrawker

I have to agree. This happens so inconsistently that I have a hard time believing this comes from anyone involved with the band.

The only reason I could think the management or whatever have said anything for these particular concerts (London shows) would be if they're indeed filming for a video release.

Saw a guy wearing a Slash tee at Birmingham

Please confirm if you saw him inside the venue or outside. There is a thread going on about fans being banned for wearing Slash's tees and I refuse to believe it is true.

i was at the birmingham show and there was a couple at the bar infront of me wearing slash t shirts

I have to agree. This happens so inconsistently that I have a hard time believing this comes from anyone involved with the band.

The only reason I could think the management or whatever have said anything for these particular concerts (London shows) would be if they're indeed filming for a video release.

And someone wearing a Slash shirt would ruin the video?

And someone wearing a Slash shirt would ruin the video?

Not in my mind, no.

Fans have reported during the UCAP shows that they DID see people walking in with AFD/ Slash shirts or top hats and werent stopped. If it was GN'R ordering this, it would be a uniform policy at all shows.

bingo.

it does happen at some shows, but it isn't something the band demands. it's the promoter that sometimes tells security to have people turn their slash shirts inside out. why? i don't know. there could be a few reasons. fear of upsetting axl. fear of increasing expectations amongst casual fans that slash will be there.

but it is not a policy set out by GNR. if it was, it would happen at every show.

Basically this.

"Guns N' Roses ban fans from wearing Slash t-shirts to their UK gigs"

I really do not know wether it is or not. When is was first reported a few years ago I though surely this has to be bullshit. But it keeps coming up and usually where there is this much smoke there is fire. My point was if it is not coming from Axl or his management they need to take steps to stop it from happening. And also let the media know that it is not their policy.

I said it right here last time this was a hot topic.

Instead of his immature rant on Madison, he could have said, "For the record, if you want to wear a Slash shirt at my show, go for it."

That is ALL he had to say.

IF it is someone from his camp talking to security, Axl needs to tell them to stop.

It is ancient history but it is pretty sad how Madison was treated for reporting a story that appears to be true.

It might have something to do with the fact it is being filmed, and Axl don't want Slash in the video.

It might have deeper meaning. Maybe when Axl see's images of Slash his mind is affected in alsorts of unimaginable ways.

(assuming this true) It is ironic the some person who writes a song about democracy in China can't hope with certain t-shirts :rofl-lol:

Edited by vaida

Instead of his immature rant on Madison, he could have said, "For the record, if you want to wear a Slash shirt at my show, go for it."

IF it is someone from his camp talking to security, Axl needs to tell them to stop.

It is ancient history but it is pretty sad how Madison was treated for reporting a story that appears to be true.

This! all Axl has to do is tell his people to tell security that it is not an issue and stop hassling people and the problem solved right?.........

Didn't she report that this came directly from Axl?

That's not proved to be true.