Guns N' Roses ban fans from wearing Slash t-shirts to their UK gigs

Zint

I said it right here last time this was a hot topic.

Instead of his immature rant on Madison, he could have said, "For the record, if you want to wear a Slash shirt at my show, go for it."

That is ALL he had to say.

IF it is someone from his camp talking to security, Axl needs to tell them to stop.

It is ancient history but it is pretty sad how Madison was treated for reporting a story that appears to be true.

The Madison rant was the most vile thing I have read in years. She was cast adrift by friends and fucked over by a hero.

I still find it sickening.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of his immature rant on Madison, he could have said, "For the record, if you want to wear a Slash shirt at my show, go for it."

IF it is someone from his camp talking to security, Axl needs to tell them to stop.

It is ancient history but it is pretty sad how Madison was treated for reporting a story that appears to be true.

Didn't she report that this came directly from Axl?

That's not proved to be true.

She reported she was told it and she believed her source. It's not proved to be untrue either

The Madison rant was the most vile thing I have read in years. She was cast adrift by friends and fucked over by a hero.

Excuse me? She had no proof to backup her big mouth. She got what she deserved.

She reported she was told it and she believed her source. It's not proved to be untrue either

Axl's got a strange way of enforcing his 'rule' then, picking out select cities where you can't wear your Slash shirt.

Excuse me? She had no proof to backup her big mouth. She got what she deserved.

She believed what she believed.

I stand by my comment.

This is getting stupid if Axl/his management is mandating this grow some balls and own up to it. If he/they are not then they should stop it! It's a damn t-shirt surely Axl cannot be this obsessed.

I believe this is a pre-emptive security measure. I have seen Slash shirts at GN'R shows, and even someone dressed as Slash at a GN'R show in December. If it was a GN'R mandate, I think it would be more evenly applied.

Ali

This is true it was never resolved one way or the other.

This is getting stupid if Axl/his management is mandating this grow some balls and own up to it. If he/they are not then they should stop it! It's a damn t-shirt surely Axl cannot be this obsessed.

I believe this is a pre-emptive security measure. I have seen Slash shirts at GN'R shows, and even someone dressed as Slash at a GN'R show in December. If it was a GN'R mandate, I think it would be more evenly applied.

Ali

So if this is not coming from Axl why not have management tell the promoter that it does not bother him and to make sure security stops hassling his fans? Would be a nice jesture on Axl's part yes?

And when I asked Madison whether or not her source had heard this directly from Axl or from someone who acted as though they were speaking on his behalf she said she didn't know. Poor reporting job there by not asking an important follow-up question.

For those that believe that security would not act on their own, outside of what GN'R management would want, ask Powerage5 what he witnessed at one of the NYC UCAP shows.

Ali

And when I asked Madison whether or not her source had heard this directly from Axl or from someone who acted as though they were speaking on his behalf she said she didn't know. Poor reporting job there by not asking an important follow-up question.

For those that believe that security would not act on their own, outside of what GN'R management would want, ask Powerage5 what he witnessed at one of the NYC UCAP shows.

Ali

Maybe so Ali but then Guns management should advise security at the venues to stop hassling their fans over something as trivial as tee shirt

Edited by classicrawker

At.the secc last week there was a girl with a slash t shirt on and she was told.to.take it off security.told her too. I was right next to her a was having a fag outside the doors my dad thought it was strange why they had asked her to take it off couldn't be assed explaining it all to him.lol

Ali

You could be correct hopefully you are. But at this point Axl's management should take measures to correct what is starting to look like a common practice. It is sad that the band arranges a special guest for a concert like Izzy and we still have to hear about the t-shirt issue.

Ali

So if this is not coming from Axl why not have management tell the promoter that it does not bother him and to make sure security stops hassling his fans? Would be a nice jesture on Axl's part yes?

Again, I would refer you to Powerage5's account of what happened before a NYC UCAP show.

In summary, someone was taking pictures (I think another forum member or someone Powerage5 knew or was standing close to), and security ordered the person to stop. Fernando, part of GN'R's management team, told the security staff member that it was o.k., to let the person take pictures. Security said "no" that they would not allow pictures to be taken.

So, if you think that it's as simple as management giving security direction and security following suit, you are mistaken as evidenced by example I'm referring to.

Ali

Edited by Ali

Someone here should show up at O2 tonight wearing a Slash t-shirt and see what happens.

If it don't say anything on the ticket about choice of cloths, they can't refuse entry.

If Security insist, then demand a reason, preferably in writing, as to why a GNR fan cannot wear a Slash t-shirt to a GNR gig :D

Edited by vaida

Ali

Again, I would refer you to Powerage5's account of what happened before a NYC UCAP show.

In summary, someone was taking pictures (I think another forum member or someone Powerage5 knew or was standing close to), and security ordered the person to stop. Fernando, part of GN'R's management team, told the security staff member that it was o.k., to let the person take pictures. Security said "no" that they would not allow pictures to be taken.

So, if you think that it's as simple as management giving security direction and security following suit, you are mistaken as evidenced by example I'm referring to.

Ali

So you think that if Axl demanded that security stop hassling people over wearing a Slash tee shirt they would tell him to go pound sand? I highly doubt it............. :rolleyes:

As I said in the other thread:

Anyone who wears a Slash solo shirt to a NuGNR gig is looking to stir up shit and probably deserves to be kicked out.

An AFD shirt is one thing, but a Slash or VR shirt is just a "fuck you" to the guys onstage.

Are you serious, dude? What about more casual rock or Guns fans that don't geek out on forums like this? People that just want to have a good time and aren't even remotely close enough for the band to see them...(?) How is wearing a T-shirt a "fuck you" to "the guys on stage"? I don't think they mind (apart from Ax, maybe) and if they really do they should man the fuck up and be professionals. Just my 2c.

Ali

Ali

So you think that if Axl demanded that security stop hassling people over wearing a Slash tee shirt they would tell him to go pound sand? I highly doubt it............. :rolleyes:

I have given you a clear example of an instance where GN'R management gave security a direction and it was flatly ignored. Send Powerage5 a PM if you don't believe me. It happened and it shows that a solution may not be as simple as you think.

Ali

As I said in the other thread:

Anyone who wears a Slash solo shirt to a NuGNR gig is looking to stir up shit and probably deserves to be kicked out.

An AFD shirt is one thing, but a Slash or VR shirt is just a "fuck you" to the guys onstage.

This is your logic reversed:

A Slash solo or former members additions is just a "fuck you" to the guys who wrote the music...

Not to mention the members who played their own solo songs at a GNR show

Anyway, kickin' somebody out because of the clothes is ridicoulous and pathetic as hell

if you agree with this decision you're a clown nevertheless.

I'msure Axl himself doesn't give a flying fuck of this or ordered this nowadays...

Edited by Crash Diet