Vocal experts: Is it possible for Axl to get his 2010 voice back again?

Randy Lahey

Would you object to the use of performance enhancing drugs, specifically injecting HGH into his vocal chords?

Of course not. Drugs are a part of rock and roll.

Whatever it takes. Apparently they are working on something to restore vocal chords. I read about it in Rolling Stone, I believe. Axl should do that before CD II. It's time to kill Mickey.

You gotta be kidding. His 2011 voice was nowhere near his 2010 voice. I'm just glad I managed to see him twice in 2010.

its just from the shows ive seen, dude. he was killer at all 3.

obviously RIR IV sucked and a few gigs after were rocky, and his voice is higher nowadays so i guess overall the 2010 voice was better.

but he does have his stand outs in 11-12 too

at any rate im glad i saw him all three years

I loved the gigs I went to at the O2 this year, but he was undoubtedly much better at the O2 gigs in 2010. I listen to the bootleg of the Duff gig constantly, his voice is just unbelievable on that. Rasp on YCBM! It was funny seeing him wear a Mickey Mouse t-shirt during YCBM last night :P

Singing with his trademark rasp I imagine is similar to all the new breed of metal screamers; it's not shouting because that would destroy the vocal chords in a few minutes.

I had a friend in a metal band saying the screaming was a technique that if you did right, doesn't injure the vocal chords or cause pain, so with Axl I guess it's whether he works on his technique or not. So to sort of answer your question - it depends on how much work he puts in, but obviously fatigue does come into it after a while as with many singers!

only in forumland: fans speculate about whether or not axl can recapture the magic... of 2010.

It was really that good. Not everything about the last 18 years of GNR history has been catastrophic - can you get your head around that?

Are you insane? you are a cupcake! Axl is singing better than ever! look how clean is his voice ( IRONIC MODE ON).

Axl is singing horrible since 2011 and is getting closer to his TOP FORM in 2001-2002. For me,the set list is ok,the new guns are ok,but Axl himself is really bad,is horrible to see the videos and hear that voice.

I really hope he gets back to his 2010.For the 2010 voice lovers and for the people that love the old songs singed like were used to be singed here is the show Bucharest 2010,the best show of GNR since 1992

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=841F8620A0EB4627

only in forumland: fans speculate about whether or not axl can recapture the magic... of 2010.

It was really that good. Not everything about the last 18 years of GNR history has been catastrophic - can you get your head around that?

oh, try and keep it together, would you? i didn't say everything's been catastrophic. just that nobody outside of forumland would ever pine for 2010 gnr vs. 2012 gnr. if you think i'm wrong, go ask 1000 random strangers who don't live on a gnr forum when the band was really cooking. i'll bet not a single one of them mentions 2010.

but it's fine that you guys are into 2010 so much. absolutely no reason you can't. i just think it's funny when there are these heated, specific forum discussions about something that's a completely laughable non-issue outside of forumland. to me, this thread isn't much different than one about what kind of shoes axl will be wearing.

oh, try and keep it together, would you? i didn't say everything's been catastrophic. just that nobody outside of forumland would ever pine for 2010 gnr vs. 2012 gnr. if you think i'm wrong, go ask 1000 random strangers who don't live on a gnr forum when the band was really cooking. i'll bet not a single one of them mentions 2010.

but it's fine that you guys are into 2010 so much. absolutely no reason you can't. i just think it's funny when there are these heated, specific forum discussions about something that's a completely laughable non-issue outside of forumland. to me, this thread isn't much different than one about what kind of shoes axl will be wearing.

Forums pertaining to bands are always more specific/meticulous/concentrated than the general public. Do you think the general public really cared about the shitty mixing of Metallica's Death Magnetic? You do know you are on a forum yes?

In all fairness, this is a forum. A forum for any other band would have just as many asinine discussions because forums are places to go to discuss the finer points that the general population would have no interest in discussing with you.

It's fine if you just want to come here to laugh at people that are interested in conversing about these things though, we all need a way to spend our time.