Prostitute

wasted

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the things I like about Prostitute is how it ends.

As the song begins to fade out you feel like you have come to the end of a journey.

For me it's the definite album closer; surpassing Rocket Queen and Coma.

Having said that because the song ends the way it does a part of believes that we won't hear anything new from the band again.

It would be a dream of mine to see the band play Democracy in its entirety.

Musically it's beautiful. I prefer to listen to it without the vocals.

???????

What? I don't mean it in a negative way, I just prefer it without vocals so I can focus on the musical arrangement. The lyrics are good (lyrics are usually the most important part of a song to me) and helps set the mood/scene of the song in my mind but I was never entirely happy about the vocals on it. Then I started listening to the instrumental version form rock band because I was working out how to play it on the piano and realised that I preferred it that way. Maybe I'm just weird like that... :shrugs:

Here is one instrumental mix made by someone...

Wow, that was beautiful. Thanks for posting.

For me, the first bridge on the song is the best part on CD, it's really strong.

Prostitute is the only song that could potentially dethrone TWAT as my favorite CD. A spectacular tune. I especially love the, "I told you when I found you, if there were doubts, you should be careful and unafraid..." section. One of the most magical GN'R moments ever.

It's the second best song GNR have ever done in my opinion, I love it to bits. I just wish they'd put the work in on replicating it live properly (i.e. playing the outro for starters) also, Axl would have to put a hell of a lot of work in!

Maddy, twat and prostitue should alternate in the encore slot.

However, they will get no reaction, i stood further back last night and saw everyone jump of there seats for sweet child o mine, now that bores me. Twat is twice the song sweet child o mine is. Most under rated song in gnr.

robin finck and buckethead make twat twice the song sweet child is

Yes, love it. The outro is so epic. Pitman did an amazing job.

But live, it's terrible

omg is that for real ?

..sounds dire.

-

As for the album mix. It is one of all few CD songs that sounds complete, balanced, well mixed. If The World is the only other track to equal it.

Edited by vaida

Has the best instrumental on the album, it's a shame that some of its highlights are a bit buried in the mix. Also, I dislike the production on Axl's voice at times. The song isn't ruined but it could be a 10/10 for me with better mixing.

Everytime I hear it again, it sounds like the greatest song on CD. I feel like if they could reproduce it live it would be epic. The "Ask yourself" part is high on my list of GNR highlights.

It is my favourite song off CD, right now anyway.

Good Lord people posting that TWAT is twice the song SCOM is. I can only assume they meant quantitatively.

Prostitute is a great song, thanks for posting the instrumental it sounds better that way. Why cant Axl perform one show of Chinese Democracy the album with a string section, at the necessary venue, etc? Cant we get it at least ONE time?

Edited by Eu4ic

My favorite song off of Chinese Democracy. It deserves to be called epic. I love how heavy it is, but still artistic. And like everybody else has said, the outro is incredible. It's so peaceful. I love every single thing about the song.