Prostitute

wasted

Good Lord people posting that TWAT is twice the song SCOM is. I can only assume they meant quantitatively.

Prostitute is a great song, thanks for posting the instrumental it sounds better that way. Why cant Axl perform one show of Chinese Democracy the album with a string section, at the necessary venue, etc? Cant we get it at least ONE time?

twat is better than sweet child. robin finck and buckethead make it so

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has the best instrumental on the album, it's a shame that some of its highlights are a bit buried in the mix. Also, I dislike the production on Axl's voice at times. The song isn't ruined but it could be a 10/10 for me with better mixing.

Better has the best instrumental, IMO, of course.

Good Lord people posting that TWAT is twice the song SCOM is. I can only assume they meant quantitatively.

Prostitute is a great song, thanks for posting the instrumental it sounds better that way. Why cant Axl perform one show of Chinese Democracy the album with a string section, at the necessary venue, etc? Cant we get it at least ONE time?

So that's why it was a HUGE hit eh? :)

Only "Biebers" have hits nowadays.

Guest Broskirose

It wasn't even released as a single...facepalm. And since when do hits define good music?

Yes, love it. The outro is so epic. Pitman did an amazing job.

But live, it's terrible

omg is that for real ?

..sounds dire.

-

As for the album mix. It is one of all few CD songs that sounds complete, balanced, well mixed. If The World is the only other track to equal it.

:rofl-lol: Awful, just awful.

yeah. robin and bucket make twat EPIC

• 1 month later...

***Leaked from the alternate CD booklet****

PROSTITUTE

Seems like wedding show, is so gay

If my intentions are misunderstood

If this is a cash grab, I grabbed, all I could

I won't ask of you, unless your're the bride or the groom

Oh, I saw the marriage it's true

Even though Bumblefoot, was feeling so blue

Why would would Izzy perform for newlyweds

in some French, foreign place

When he could have been in Ohio

the only catch is he wouldn't get paid

It's not a question whether my heart is true

1 fucking mill, I had, to pursue

Agreed. If I could only show one song from Chinese to a random GN'R fan who hadn't heard it, it'd probably be this one. One of Axl's finest songwriting moments, and some of Brain and Buckethead's finest playing moments. It's unfuckwithable.

PROSTITUTE

Ha ha so funny... Fucking moron... :rolleyes:

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

PROSTITUTE

Ha ha so funny... Fucking moron... :rolleyes:

Why are you mad? :confused: He's just joking around. It's funny!

Except it isn't.

Exactly. Hate when ppl try making parodies of songs. Usually come off 100% retarded. Has nothing to do with being mad.

Even Westboro Baptist Church does song parodies. :drevil:

Edited by Flayer

By the end of this song I feel like Axl has given me a little window into his soul. It's amazing. I really can't name any other songwriter at the moment that gives so much honesty and puts him/herself in such an emotionally vulnerable position as Axl does. It takes guts to do that and its why i love GNR above any other band. Most of the songs on CD require you to actually LISTEN to them, not just have them on in the background. Do any of the people who hate it actually do this I wonder? If so, I find it hard to believe that you can be a GNR fan from the past stuff and not feel the emotion in it. Maybe some people find it uncomfortable or does it just go over their heads?

I also reckon that's why it has been so polarising. Most of the reactions to CD are strong positive or negative, not in between. GNR have still achieved something by having strong negative reactions. There's nothing worse than in between IMO. Prostitute rocks!

Prostitute is kind of like the cherry on the top. It's like the ultimate Axl Rose statement.

But also it seems like the next level type song. It doesn't sound like it would be on UYI the arrangement is too experimental, there's risks taken with the drums and strings.

That's why it tops TWAT, Catcher, TIL, SOD, because they sound very much more like UYI era GNR. But stuff like Shackler's, ITW, Scraped, Sorry, Prostitute are progressive.

Everytime I hear it again, it sounds like the greatest song on CD. I feel like if they could reproduce it live it would be epic. The "Ask yourself" part is high on my list of GNR highlights.

I love this song.

I don't really understand the hate about the wedding gig. All kinds of huge bands do/have done this type of thing, including GNR just a couple of years ago, right? Why is it so bad this time?

In all reality it isn't that big of a deal.

But on this forum......a group of Axl fans have recently been bashing Slash for being only concerned about making money, and how Axl is only about integrity and not money.

So for Axl to then play a wedding gig for cash........

Song has the potential to be right up there with TWAT but the vocals are so painfully digitized that it ruins the song.

Totally agree. Same for TIL which is why i'm so glad we've got multiple amazing live versions of Twat with vocals that are so much better than the record. I'm sure he could pull Prostitute off live with some practice. He obviously gave up after he struggled so badly in 2009 but it's a shame because the band sounded fantastic.