Can DJ Ashba improvise?

Towelie

Saw the band last night at London's o2 Arena. They put on a fantastic show and it was so cool to see 14 Years with Izzy as I've always loved that song.

The various interludes and jams between songs didn't bother me, infact, quite the contary. Guys like Ron and Fortus are world class musicians and I could watch them play all day long. I did come away wondering about DJ though. I really enjoyed all of the guitarists solo spots (particularly Glad To Be Here), but I did notice that DJ never took part in an of the improvised guitar jams. Infact, I don't think I've ever seen him improvise.

Has anyone seen him improvise at any other concerts??

I don't think he improvised that Golden Gods "Are You With Me Now?" solo but it's different from the album version and it hadn't been played live before... It was probably the best solo he did by himself that I've seen him play.

The man really can't play the guitar. Stays in a very very small comfort zone. Has more passion about the paint on his guitar than the sounds coming from it.

Well, I do have that in common with him. I am far more interested in the paint on his guitar than I am in listening to him play.

Yes, a person that plays guitar for a living can't improvise...God some of you people are stupid....He doesnt do it or join in because maybe its not his cup of tea uh? They all have theyr solo spots. Lets not turn a GnR concert to a G3 of somesort

Yes, a person that plays guitar for a living can't improvise...God some of you people are stupid....He doesnt do it or join in because maybe its not his cup of tea uh? They all have theyr solo spots. Lets not turn a GnR concert to a G3 of somesort

Ron and Richard had several extended jams and imrovs outside of their solo spots, yet DJ was strangely absent from all of them.

If he can improvise, why doesn't he ever do it?

Ron and Richard had several extended jams and imrovs outside of their solo spots, yet DJ was strangely absent from all of them.

He's so good at it that he doesn't want to show off. We all know that DJ would never do any grandstanding.

The man really can't play the guitar. Stays in a very very small comfort zone. Has more passion about the paint on his guitar than the sounds coming from it.

Well, I do have that in common with him. I am far more interested in the paint on his guitar than I am in listening to him play.

:thumbsup::rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

:thumbsup::rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Hah! Touche, Damn Smooth, touche.

He's so good at it that he doesn't want to show off. We all know that DJ would never do any grandstanding.

I see what you did there :xmassrudolph:

Loved the thread, haha.

Yeah, he doesn't seem to get anything really improvised. Even on last minute additions to the set, like You're Crazy and UTLH, he just plays rhythm.

I was there ... in tears ... the jam is a TANGO .. "Por una cabeza" :wub:

Por una Cabeza is awesome, but DJ isn't playing there, mate.