New MetallicA album: What Will It Sound Like?

Chewbacca

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Black Album and DM sound nothing alike. Group Black Album with Load and ReLoad and put DM in its own thing.

Black and Load/Reload sound nothing alike as well.

Black and DM are between Load/ Reload and the Full thrash era. They had the thrash elements but they also had the alt rock element in it (the main reason why purists hate DM).

Black Album and DM sound nothing alike. Group Black Album with Load and ReLoad and put DM in its own thing.

Black and DM are between Load/ Reload and the Full thrash era. They had the thrash elements but they also had the alt rock element in it (the main reason why purists hate DM).

TBA, Load and Reload all have that "Bob Rock sound". DM sounds like it was recorded in a garage.

TBA, Load and Reload all have that "Bob Rock sound". DM sounds like it was recorded in a garage.

That's, in part, due to the excessive ammount of compression they used in it, not their style.

To answer the OP question, I agree with Jake in that it'll probably be a more polished Death Magnetic. Instead of a bunch of 6-8 minute unused riff-collages, it'll be a bunch of 4-6 minute unused riff collages with catchy hooks.

Edited by bacardimayne

what is it going to sound like? that is a hanging curveball :tongue2:

it will sound like every album since the black album, like shit, it will have awful vocals, shit lyrics and mediocre drumming.

I love Metallica, but their lack of putting in time and effort into new material is mindboggling. I appreciate that they put hard work into a touring schedule, but they have 9 albums in a 30+ year career. I mean, just using Rush as a comparison, they're about to release their 20th album in 40 years. Almost 11 more albums in 10 years in comparison.

I know Metallica is big, but fuck. Get in the damn studio.

Better sound more raw, not ridiculously loud, more thrashy, have the bass mixed up (its Metallica so odds are zero on that one, considering they did it to one of the greatest bassists ever), and James better find some real anger in him again. When I listen to new Metallica, I'm sick of hearing him sounding melodic on the old stuff or holding back. I want this guy back, at least in some form.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtaxKNaEAns

i want the old fuck the world aggression and anger of the metallica of the 80's not the watered down bob rock infused bullshit of the 90s or the half assed attempts of the 2000s

i want this again

not this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS-JngCa0RM

Is there really anything better to get the adrenaline going than Seattle 1989?

i want the old fuck the world aggression and anger of the metallica of the 80's not the watered down bob rock infused bullshit of the 90s or the half assed attempts of the 2000s

i want this again

not this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS-JngCa0RM

Is there really anything better to get the adrenaline going than Seattle 1989?

nope that 1989 seattle concert is just too good, that concert is just the pinnacle of aggression, i love alot of thrash bands and alot of them get me amped but that 1989 concert is just too fucking good lol

And that's the thing, the only thing that stops it really being held as even more of a holy grail is that there's no Cliff, but fuckin Newsted's the second star of that show IMO after James.

yeah it would have been perfect with cliff, but i also love jason he was awesome in that video, and james was on fire, the whole band was just inspired now when i see them it seems like its just lets play and get out of here kinda thing idk

this is the only thing that really comes close to get my andrenaline pumping of that 1989 show

It will probably sound something like DM..... witch is kinda stupid. I think that DM is the worst album they have made just because they tried to recreate something they did over 20 years ago and they didn't even come close. I have 100000000000x more respect for St. Anger because at least then they where trying something new.... even if only 2 or 3 songs where "good" (or something like that).