The Official Blu-Ray Thread

Zint

What TV shows do you guys (or zint, being as it's mainly just us :lol:) have?

I've got:

Deadwood Complete Series

Lost Complete Series

Game of Thrones Season One

Justified Season 1 and 2

Boardwalk Empire Season 1

Been thinking about grabbing the Complete Series for Rome, as it's only 42.99, but it's only two seasons. Anyone have it or watched it? Is it worth it?

Also, Safe House comes out tomorrow, and Best Buy has an exclusive steelbook, but it's a G1 (dvd size) case, which is fucking stupid, but I have a feeling I'm going to end up buying it anyway <_<

All the Dexters released so far.

Twilight Zone Complete Series (oh fucking yeah...AMAZING!)

Battlestar Galactica (remake series)

Band Of Brothers

...waiting on a good deal for The Pacific

Um...what else...I think there's others,I'll have to check :drevil:

Ooh, I would love to have the Twilight Zone series! Hoping for a great deal on them eventually..

And I forgot I had just won the Band of Brothers / Pacific combo on eBay for $60. They said it was great condition (the box/case), so let's hope so. :monkey: Never saw either, but hear nothing but great things, so I'm looking forward to watching them both. :)

Band of Brothers is bloody excellent!...you'll love it!

Haven't seen Pacific yet but I've heard it's equally as good.

Oh yeah...

I have LOST complete.

First two seasons of Justified (cool show!).

And just got an email today from Amazon that my blu Season One of Walking Dead is in the mail.

Got it brand new on Amazon for 16.99! :shock:

Ooh, I would love to have the Twilight Zone series! Hoping for a great deal on them eventually..

Don't buy the seasons individually.

They are now bundled together as a complete collection.

Cheaper.

Wait for a good sale...it'll happen.

Band of Brothers is bloody excellent!...you'll love it!

Haven't seen Pacific yet but I've heard it's equally as good.

Oh yeah...

I have LOST complete.

First two seasons of Justified (cool show!).

And just got an email today from Amazon that my blu Season One of Walking Dead is in the mail.

Got it brand new on Amazon for 16.99! :shock:

Which one? The regular case, or the digibook packaging? If it's the digibook, I hate you!! That's the only one I want, but again, waiting for the right price.

Also, did you see the special edition for Season 2?

p_pt_wdtv2_dvd_case_014.jpg

p_pt_wdtv2_dvd_case_051.jpg

Do. Want.

Will. Get.

anyone have the watchmen ultimate blu-ray set that they'd wanna sell?

Ugh, don't even get me started on this..

WBshop.com had it on their site (backroom found copies) a couple months ago for like $45, and I stupidly didn't buy it because I was a little tight on money at the time. I really should have just bought it, and am still beating myself up over it.

Regular...and I don't think it's special edition (with b+w version of first episode)...but I don't care. :shrugs:

But for 16.99 man...fawk...I'm fine with that!

That Season Two is extreme!

I gotta be careful with shit like that now...running out of space.

I have literally 100's of t.v. series seasons (mostly dvd)..I'm a big 50's/60's (and some 70's) pop culture junky when it comes to t.v.

Tell me more about this Watchmen edition you guys are talking about... :drevil:

Haha, I know what you mean about space, but I make room! :D

And here's the Watchmen set - http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Watchmen-Blu-ray/6269/

It's going for like $100+ on eBay easily, and WB found a number of extra copies in a warehouse like two months ago and put it on their shop. It was up for a couple days before it went out of stock, and stupidly enough, I didn't order it when I could have.

I now have learned the lesson to just buy that shit, even if I think it is expensive, because a deal like that isn't going to come around again.

I would love to have that version, or this one, honestly http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Watchmen-Blu-ray/5822/

Both are going for way too expensive though, but hell, maybe one day :shrugs:

Right now, I'm after a couple more steelbooks (Braveheart, Fight Club, Paul, and the Resident Evil set), but I've just recently saw this, which I'm now slobbering for...

dsc00324wv.jpg

dsc00326ob.jpg

All of the Futureshop Exclusive Harry Potter steels, with a shelf case. DAMMIT I WANT THEM.

the owl ship is cool but it is kind of cheap plastic. I saw it in person once and almost bought it but talked myself out of it before I checked out. I need the ultimate edition though. I had it on DVD but traded it in to motivate me to buy the blurry set but it still hasn't happened as I'm waiting to find a decent deal. I wish I would have seen wbshop put those up, I would of bought like 5 of 'em.

the owl ship is cool but it is kind of cheap plastic. I saw it in person once and almost bought it but talked myself out of it before I checked out. I need the ultimate edition though. I had it on DVD but traded it in to motivate me to buy the blurry set but it still hasn't happened as I'm waiting to find a decent deal. I wish I would have seen wbshop put those up, I would of bought like 5 of 'em.

Yeah, I figured, but I'd probably pay like $40-50 for it. As for the Ultimate Edition, no shit, I wish I had fuckin' bought the thing. Upsets me every time I think about it..

Also, if anyone is interested, I've got some blus to sell:

The Hangover II

The Dark Knight

Nightmare Before Christmas

Sucker Punch

Harry Potter Ultimate Collector's Editions Years 1-4 (all still sealed)

Gone With The Wind (Scarlett Edition, sealed)

Might have some more soon enough. Let me know if anyone is interested or you have any questions :tongue2:

More than I should :lol:

Really though, these are the most expensive ones, and they aren't even that bad. The first two, after shipping, I'll get for around $35-40 (for the pair), which is really good considering they're coming from overseas. Paul is a little more expensive though, mainly because of it's availability.

As for the blus I just buy around here though, in the states, I don't usually spend more than $10-15 on one single movie, and I don't even do that too often. Occasionally I'll splurge on a new release f $20 or so, but that's only if I really want the movie.

Amazon all the way for movies (though you probably buy stuff they don't always carry). I live in Canada, but I order from Amazon.com more than Amazon.ca. I'm charged for shipping across the border, but the prices are so much better that you still come out way ahead. I don't see how anyone can compete with Amazon on prices. We also have HMV stores up here, and Wal-Mart, and between these two and Amazon.com there is no shortage of inexpensive DVDs and BRs. Of course, when you start piling up the purchases, it adds up!

I have these movies on BR:

Cast Away

Derailed

No Country for Old Men

Rambo (the entire series)

Showgirls :lol:

Got an Oppo BDP-93 player.

Nice player! Not cheap but one of the best you can buy for under $1000....I am getting ready to spring for one so how do you like it?

I like it quite a bit. Had two other players before settling on the Oppo. A Cambridge Audio 650BD and a Denon BDP-1611UD. The Denon had great audio quality for a universal player, but couldn't compare to the Oppo for video quality. You have to go up the Denon line (and pay something like $1,000) to get a player that has the video processing capability of the Oppo. The Cambridge was just an older machine and also couldn't compare (plus it was overpriced as well vs. the Oppo).

So I pretty much agree, if all you need is a great BR and DVD player (which is my situation), look no further than the Oppo. It has nice build quality too. If you also want a great CD player then you may have to look at the Oppo BDP-95 or something else from Denon, Marantz, or Arcam. But, I would always prefer a stand alone CD player. Or if you want games, a PS3, which from what I've heard holds it's own as a Blu-Ray player.

Thanks for the response KBear!...yeah I looked a the 95 also but sadly don't have the time to sit and listen to CD's properly so for me it is not worth it at double the price of the 95 just for the superior CD audio....I will get a 93 and a Sharp 70" Quattron when the new models come out soon and then next year upgrade my present 5.1 Marantz receiver to a Marantz SR7005 7.2 receiver and add 2 more surrounds and a second bass module to my present system....Should be kick ass once I am done..........

70" Sharp, eh? Nice! I don't have a proper home theater, so I just feed my 23" computer monitor with the Oppo via HDMI, and run sound off my Klipsch Pro Media 2.1 system. It's alright I guess. One day I hope to have a kick ass home theater though.

Those are endcaps from a game called LittleBigPlanet

Got them in a collector's edition for the second game and them come in handy :) I wish I had the Mortal Kombat ones, though http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5105/5670050183_a541d2131b.jpg

I'm in the process right this minute trying to figure out what I can reorganize to fit Band of Brothers and Safe House on :lol:

Nice! :)

Blind-bought John Carter 3D tonight for $11.46. B)

Bought one copy at Wal-Mart and opened it to get the $10 Disney check out, then had my $5 manufacturers coupon, and bought another copy at the $11.46 price and I'll return the unopened one tomorrow with the full-price receipt :)

Hopefully it's good. Heard and read a lot of mixed things, but a brand new 3D release for not even $12? Can't be that bad. :shrugs:

33mpqj5.jpg

Godzilla in a Royal Smackdown! :wub:

Gets some dicey reviews from nitpickers...but the copy I have looks pretty damn good.

The best I've ever seen it look anyway.

Released by Media Blasters.

Pure escapist fun...and for that alone I give it a 7/10.

Here's my entire blu-ray collection:

blus.jpg

And here are the latest additions:

safehousek.jpg

Band of Brothers / Pacific set ($65 shipped from eBay - mint condition and AWESOME packaging)

Safe House steelbook (dumb-ass dvd size, but still really nice)

I was pissed that jurassic park steel book was DVD sized. It would have been an instant buy for me if not.

I was pissed that jurassic park steel book was DVD sized. It would have been an instant buy for me if not.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I don't like the DVD-sized steels either, but depending on how you display them (I've got Safe House and Jurassic Park facing out and they look good to me), they can still look nice. Also, being one of my favorite, if not #1 favorite movie of all time, I didn't care and wanted the steelbook regardless. :tongue2: It was either that, or the odd-statue version which unfortunately, looked kind of dumb. It had potential to look a lot better.

Just per-ordered Jaws steel, most excited I have been in ages.

Thinking about pre-ordering it. It looks awesome!

41681_large.jpg

Also, had two $5 giftcards, so I picked up the Book of Eli steelbook and The Fighter for $5 each. :D

Next week is Ghost Rider 2 3D (got a steelbook for that also), and Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows steel, and hopefully I'll be done for awhile!!